Main Street Bakery reopens...LOTS of photos and review

Personally not a fan of the Starbucks in the MK (makes the whole 'immersed in Disney' thing kinda die) but if it gets more people in the door purchasing over priced coffee, not a bad thing for Disney

So Coke, Edy's, Kodak, McDonald's, Siemens, GM, etc. didnt make the "immersed in Disney" feeling die, but Starbucks does?

So Coke, Edy's, Kodak, McDonald's, Siemens, GM, etc. didnt make the "immersed in Disney" feeling die, but Starbucks does?

:rotfl2:

I can easily see my future--I get up before the rest of my family, head into MK to get my coffee fix, and they all meet me after a while and we start our day. I have no problem with that!!!

I'm seeing $2.59 for the eggs on my computer.

I would have to find my receipts, but that's not far off from what I recall of the hardboiled eggs at sunshineseasons when we've gotten them.

This picture, if it comes through as the picture, shows the bottom of the case, and those aren't Starbucks. The cupcakes are NOT Starbucks, and in the other pictures of the bottom of the case, the brownies and cookies aren't, either. I've spent enough time there in the last year and a half! :) The cookies are too small for the "traditional" Starbucks cookie, and too big for the La Boulange ones they have been switching too. The brownies are too big.

I would have to find my receipts, but that's not far off from what I recall of the hardboiled eggs at sunshineseasons when we've gotten them.

This picture, if it comes through as the picture, shows the bottom of the case, and those aren't Starbucks. The cupcakes are NOT Starbucks, and in the other pictures of the bottom of the case, the brownies and cookies aren't, either. I've spent enough time there in the last year and a half! :) The cookies are too small for the "traditional" Starbucks cookie, and too big for the La Boulange ones they have been switching too. The brownies are too big.

Correct. None of the cupcakes, cookies or brownies are Starbucks products. I practically live in Starbucks and that bottom shelf is not what they carry. The scones, cake pops and breads are traditional Starbucks baked goods but the cupcakes ect are Disney.

I think it looks great!! Thanks for the photo links, I love the decor. I wonder what time of day those pictures were taken, the lines don't look half as bad as I expected to see for opening day.

I love the idea of larger capacity, and I don't even mind the loss of the cinnamon roll. But.....if the "Classic Coffee Cake" I see in the photo is not the same one MSB always served my DH and I will be SO bummed. Pretty sure they used to call it "Crumb Cake", but it does look the same, so I'm going to choose to be hopeful :)

I see blueberry scones. I wonder if that's the only kind they'll have?

I like the cups.

Just an update, took 25 minutes to get our order, around 7:40pm today. Very slow service. 1 venti and one latte. Coffee came quick, latte took way to long.
Incus

Earlier this week I got a mocha latte at the Writers Stop in DHS and it was absolutely repulsive. There was an inch of Hershey's syrup at the bottom. So with that in mind I am happy there is finally a place to get a decent coffee. Not only that but other beverages as well like the refreshers. Pop really makes my teeth hurt so its nice to have other options now.

I don't really have strong opinions on the pastries because I never found the ones in the old bakery good anyway.

I went in at around 4pm today and waited about 10 minutes. The whole thing was very efficient and organized. I think if they start putting them into some of the hotels it will cut down on the
Main Street crowd.

Also the mocha latte I got at Writers Stop was just as much money as the grande chai tea latte I got at the Main Street Bakery so I don't get the "overpriced" criticisms.

I did read that, I don't get why though:confused3 Will the Starbucks gift cards be accepted anytime of the day then? I do enough Starbucks sandwiches and pastries, but I want Disney's pastries too in the morning with my Coffee. So now I'll have to wait til after 11 to get it. I hope that changes before Nov.

Starbucks GiftCards can be used all day :)

If there are only Starbucks pastries available all day, I will be very disappointed.

Disney Pastry and Food will be available after 11am

The cupcakes are NOT Starbucks, and in the other pictures of the bottom of the case, the brownies and cookies aren't, either. I've spent enough time there in the last year and a half! :) The cookies are too small for the "traditional" Starbucks cookie, and too big for the La Boulange ones they have been switching too. The brownies are too big.

:thumbsup2 I'm surprised how many people are saying it's just all SB food. I'm assuming they don't go into Starbucks regularly.

I don't understand why everyone assumes Starbucks pastries are bad. There's one near my office and I've always liked what I got there.

Yay! Looking forward to checking it out soon, as long as the line isn't too long. The cups are cute and the pastries look good. :)

I have no problem with Starbucks inside Disney. As others have said, there are other brands inside Disney, very prominently displayed and nobody has a problem with that. I'm looking forward to strolling down Main Street with a mocha frap in hand this August.

I think all the comments centering on "there's a SB near my office" or "happy to have a SB in the World because I get one every day at home" talks to why some people feel it bursts the "I'm in Disney and not the real world" bubble. The other placement products--Coke, GM, etc don't , IMO, have the same connection with a regular work day that Starbucks does for many people. It's neither here nor there because the change has been made, but I do think, for many people, SB represents the start of a work day--which is not what you want to see when entering MK!

I am disappointed that they removed the indoor seating. We go at Christmas, and while it was always crazy busy in there, in the after lunch hours of 2-4, you could always eventually find a seat and it was so nice to warm up with a sweet treat and sit down for a while! After a while, maybe Gaston's will be like that, but for the near future it is so crazy back in FL!

cannonboys said:
The HUGE cinnamon rolls are now at Gaston's Pub and in fact, I believe they are they best value as far as snacks go. It was $3.99 just a couple of weeks ago and still delicious as ever! It's funny when you get those looks like, "where did you get THAT!!"

But as far as the Main Street bakery goes, I get they want Starbucks and by all means, serve it. But I am very disappointed that they would put the "Starbucks" pasteries instead of what the Bakery was known for. Very disappointed. :sad:

The cinnamon roll at Gastons is a sad replica of the one at Main Street bakery. I am a huge old fan of this delicacy and I had to throw out the travesty they serve at Gastons. Sad to see this Disney treat gone to the wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter