Main Street Electrical Parade

dnelson

Earning My Ears
i was unable to get fast passes at midnight last night for the electrical parade for January 6th.Does anyone know if these are that high of a demand? Or have they maybe not released them yet?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with using an FP for MSEP, unless it was near the end of the day and some were still available for my 4th (or more) FP of the day. Remember, if you use one for MSEP, you basically only have two others to use that day. I don't think they'll be in that high a demand...are they available for other days near Jan 6? The other thing I'd do is make sure MSEP is on the schedule that day; not likely, but if MK has an early closing for some reason (corporate event?), there may not be an MSEP.

Another thing to consider is getting a FP for Wishes. The Wishes FP areas open up two hours before the fireworks which means that from this area you can view Main Street Electrical Parade as well as Celebrate the Magic. With the Electrical Parade you run the risk of people on the sidewalk standing in front of your fenced areas but I did this with my daughter twice this summer and we had good views both times.

We already have 2 other magic kingdom days. We are park hopping from Epcot that day, so our fast passes are late afternoon and evening. I went ahead and kept the wishes fast pass, but just wondering why the parade passes were not available.
This is a small priority for us, being that it's our 2nd trip and that's the one event/ride/tour that we didn't get to see last time.
Thanks for the input.

Another thing to consider is getting a FP for Wishes. The Wishes FP areas open up two hours before the fireworks which means that from this area you can view Main Street Electrical Parade as well as Celebrate the Magic. With the Electrical Parade you run the risk of people on the sidewalk standing in front of your fenced areas but I did this with my daughter twice this summer and we had good views both times.

I would not consider the Wishes FP area to be a good spot to view MSEP. At best all you can see is the tops of the floats. You would miss a lot because of all the people standing on the sidewalks between you and the parade.

If you look on the Dibb, it looks like there are no FP+ available for MSEP for all of January (well, that can be booked as of today, so through 1/18). I have no idea what that means, just making an observation. I'm hoping to book some myself in a couple of weeks, so I'd like to know what's going on, as well!

We are there 1.17-1.24, and my wife and I thought about planning to get a FP for MSEP too. This is also our second trip and our kids were too young to stay up that late last trip. This trip, with earlier closings, we hope to see all the evening festivities.

We originally planned to get a FP for the parades, but then decided against it, mostly because we are going on crowd level 3 days, and we figured that we could stake a spot as much as needed. I am certainly not suggesting to tell anyone else what to do, but I think we are going to FP wishes, and then hope to grab a spot near the hub for the parade before walking into the Wishes FP area. We are hoping that with lower crowds, this is not a foolish plan.

Eager to see if the Jan FP open up for MSEP, though, in case we try to snag it as a fourth.

I would not consider the Wishes FP area to be a good spot to view MSEP. At best all you can see is the tops of the floats. You would miss a lot because of all the people standing on the sidewalks between you and the parade.

If I can't get a parade fast pass, but I keep the wishes pass, where would u recommend I view the parade (without having to secure a spot an hour in advance) and still get to the wishes fast pass on time?

Well. I guess its subjective as I've done it twice from both the East and West plaza gardens and can't fault it. The first time I stood against the fence facing Main Street and there was pedestrian traffic and a line for the parade but we could see everything without complaint. The second time we stood at the front of the queue facing the castle also with do-able sightlines. Its not gonna be premium views but its a FP for Wishes not MSEP. Its just an alternative worth considering. I like the option of being able to see three things in the evening line up from the same FP location..that's what makes it worth it for me everytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter