Main Street Walls Down!

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
IMG_7903.JPG We were at the parks today and the walls running down the middle of Main Street were GONE!!! There is one small wall still up over by the fire department. It looks amazing!

It was BUSY. I took this photo around noon. California Adventure was even busier. At one point I found it difficult to navigate my stroller through the crowds in the area where a lot of the Food and Wine Festival booths are set up.

Something really fun and different happened to me today. So on the walk from the parking structure my 3-year-old son and I randomly met a nice family of four from Oklahoma who were visiting Disneyland for the very first time (and had never been to any Disney theme park). They asked me for some tips so I asked them about the things they really wanted to do and by the time we got to the gate I had them convinced to get MaxPass. Then they asked what they should do first and I said I was going to Pirates of the Caribbean and asked if they wanted to go with me. We went together (5 minute wait) and it was so much fun to watch them experience Pirates for the first time. After Pirates I said I was going to ride Hainted Mansion and did they want to join? That was a yes! Again, so much to witness their delight at HM (5 minute wait).

Since I wasn't meeting up with my friend until 1:00 I ended up spending the morning with them. I showed them around the park, took them on five rides (in addition to Pirates and Haunted Mansion, we did the Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain, and they got fastpasses for Indiana Jones) I also got them set up with afternoon fastpasses for RSR and Soarin in California Adventure. They insisted on buying us lunch as a thank you. I said no five times but finally gave in and we all ate together at Begal BBQ. So good! Next, one of their daughters wanted a corn dog (Bengal BBQ wasn't her cup of tea) so I walked them to the Little Red Wagon on Main Street, being sure to point out where they could get Dole Whips (suggesting the inside line for a shorter wait) and then it was time to meet my friend so I bid them adieu. It was such a fun morning and they were such a sweet family! They said I made their day and were so thankful to have an unofficial tour guide of sorts. I was happy to show them the ropes and truly had a delightful morning watching them experience all the Disney magic for the first time. It was truly a great day!

View attachment 309032 We were at the parks today and the walls running down the middle of Main Street were GONE!!! There is one small wall still up over by the fire department. It looks amazing!

It was BUSY. I took this photo around noon. California Adventure was even busier. At one point I found it difficult to navigate my stroller through the crowds in the area where a lot of the Food and Wine Festival booths are set up.

Something really fun and different happened to me today. So on the walk from the parking structure my 3-year-old son and I randomly met a nice family of four from Oklahoma who were visiting Disneyland for the very first time (and had never been to any Disney theme park). They asked me for some tips so I asked them about the things they really wanted to do and by the time we got to the gate I had them convinced to get MaxPass. Then they asked what they should do first and I said I was going to Pirates of the Caribbean and asked if they wanted to go with me. We went together (5 minute wait) and it was so much fun to watch them experience Pirates for the first time. After Pirates I said I was going to ride Hainted Mansion and did they want to join? That was a yes! Again, so much to witness their delight at HM (5 minute wait).

Since I wasn't meeting up with my friend until 1:00 I ended up spending the morning with them. I showed them around the park, took them on five rides (in addition to Pirates and Haunted Mansion, we did the Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain, and they got fastpasses for Indiana Jones) I also got them set up with afternoon fastpasses for RSR and Soarin in California Adventure. They insisted on buying us lunch as a thank you. I said no five times but finally gave in and we all ate together at Begal BBQ. So good! Next, one of their daughters wanted a corn dog (Bengal BBQ wasn't her cup of tea) so I walked them to the Little Red Wagon on Main Street, being sure to point out where they could get Dole Whips (suggesting the inside line for a shorter wait) and then it was time to meet my friend so I bid them adieu. It was such a fun morning and they were such a sweet family! They said I made their day and were so thankful to have an unofficial tour guide of sorts. I was happy to show them the ropes and truly had a delightful morning watching them experience all the Disney magic for the first time. It was truly a great day!
Great picture!!

A picture of those clouds over the Haunted Mansion would be spooky.

Sounds like a nice day for you and the out-of-towners

Geemo

Way to go for sprinkling pixie dust on that family! :) And what fun that you got to share your love of the park with them and that you got to share the experience with your son, as well. Pretty soon he'll be big enough to participate in making magic himself! Thank you (!!), too, for the photo. I'm so used to the walls by now that it just took my breath away. :)

Aw, thanks for sharing your story for the day. It gave me the warm fuzzies. ;)

Me too! I am originally from Oklahoma so the story really hit home. We visited Disneyland twice when I was a kid (loved it) but my "new" family (husband and 4 kids) have not been yet.

I just started reading the DLR threads because after returning from WDW we are now thinking about making DLR our next Disney trip. Considering we drove 3100 miles roundtrip to WDW, driving 3600 roundtrip to DLR isn't much difference!

Way to go for sprinkling pixie dust on that family! :) And what fun that you got to share your love of the park with them and that you got to share the experience with your son, as well. Pretty soon he'll be big enough to participate in making magic himself! Thank you (!!), too, for the photo. I'm so used to the walls by now that it just took my breath away. :)

When I walked on to Main Street it took my breath away too! And that of my "touring family" ha ha. It feels so nice to have those walls down again!

Me too! I am originally from Oklahoma so the story really hit home. We visited Disneyland twice when I was a kid (loved it) but my "new" family (husband and 4 kids) have not been yet.

I just started reading the DLR threads because after returning from WDW we are now thinking about making DLR our next Disney trip. Considering we drove 3100 miles roundtrip to WDW, driving 3600 roundtrip to DLR isn't much difference!

How fun! Bringing your kids to Disneyland will feel so magical!

I was there yesterday for my first day of this trip (was last there in November) too, and was soooo happy to see that the walls were down! I had been watching youtube videos showing the walls, and they were just unsightly looking, especially in that area.

I'm sure that family will never forget their personalized tour with you, how fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter