Make a Wish, and Do As Dreamers Do! Sept 2016 PTR!

CaseFace5

DIS Veteran
Welcome one, welcome all to this PTR!!! My name is Casey and I will be the narrator! This is me on my last trip in December 2015!

This trip I will be joined by my other half, Sken. We went to Disney in March of 2015 with the pretenses that we wouldn't be back until we have children. As you can tell by my above picture and the PTR, this was not the case, but more on that later..

Our dates are September 10-16, 2016.
We are staying at All Star Sports
Trip Highlights: First time doing MNSSHP and F&W
AND a potential celebration? Stay tuned for more on that!

If you would like to check out any of my previous PTRs or my March 15 TR, You can click the links in my signature or here:
March 2012 PTR (incomplete)
April 2014 PTR (incomplete)
March 2015 PTR

March 2015 TR

Okay, let's see if I can do this bad boy in 54 days!!!

More about the cast!

So as I said above, My name is Casey. I have been to WDW quite a few times, and many of them in the last few years! From what I can remember it goes something like this:

1995- First trip with family. Where I lost my first tooth! Stayed at Dixie Landings
2001 - Summer trip with my parents. It was the summer before 8th grade. We stayed at POFQ.

2010- Quick weekend trip with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and Sken! Stayed at All Star Sports

2011- My cheer team made it to Nationals! Stayed at All Star Music

2012- Took a trip with my cousin and her two kids. Stayed at All Star Movies

2013- Went again with my cousin and her kids. Stayed at All Star Sports.

2014- Went for 2 days to see the Cheerleading Worlds. Stayed at All Star Sports.

March 2015 - Went with Sken. Stayed at POR.

December 2015- Went to Nationals for a second time! Stayed at All Star Music.

So that is a quick little recap! As you can see, it's mostly all been the last few years. My love for Disney has grown exponentially!! Sken doesn't love it as much just yet, but he is getting there! He has been three times; the two I listed above, and also when he was 10 with his mom and her friends. I turned him a bit on our last trip, I even got him to download the app and help with dining and FPs! He had a huge hand in helping plan those this time too which I love!

As for non Disney stuff.. We bought a house together in May of 2014. We both have full time jobs, him as a CDL truck driver and me as payroll coordinator for a school system. We have been together since High School and he is getting some pressure from the family to make a move. (Pss..This is where the potential celebration comes in.) Since we do everything pretty much backwards, (Got a puppy, bought a house, THEN moved in together) it only makes a bit of sense that I know that a proposal is coming. We have an almost 3 year old lab puppy, Tessie. She is our everything and we LOVE her so much! She can also be seen in my signature!

That's pretty much it about us! I'll be back to update on rough plans, including dining and FP selections!

Plans, Plans, Plans!!

So since we are only a mere 54 days away.. Plans have been made! Here is what I have so far!

Saturday, Sept 10th
Fly in early morning, request early check-in.
Hop on over to MK

Buzz 2:40-3:40pm
SDMT 5-6pm
Space Mountain 6:10-7:10pm

Be Our Guest 6:50pm
WISHES!!!

Sunday, Sept 11th
This will be an EPCOT day for us

Spaceship Earth 9:25-10:25am
Soarin' 10:40-11:40am
Mission Space 12:40-1:40pm

Via Napoli 4:40pm
We are doing an early dinner because this is the day of the first Patriots game.
After dinner, we are going to walk to the Boardwalk and try to get into ESPN by 8 for the game.

Monday, Sept 12th
Back over to MK

Crystal Palace 8:10am - BEFORE PARK OPENING!
Rapunzel 9:40-10:40am
Peter Pan's Flight 11:15-12:15pm
Festival of Fantasy Parade 2:45-3:05pm

These are all things we've not done before. If you read my March 2015 TR you will see we tried to get into CP before park opening before and that was a total fail. This time I am guaranteed to get in and get my pics of the unobstructed castle!!

Tuesday, Sept 13th

'Ohana 10:40am
This morning we are going to take it slow and have a late breakfast.
Afterwords we plan to check out the resorts on the Monorail loop.
We will most likely head back and hang at the pool for a while.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! 4pm

Wednesday, Sept 14th
Starting the day at Hollywood Studios

TSMM 9:35-10:35am
Star Tours 10:40-11:40am
Tower of Terror 2:05pm-3:05pm

Raglan Road 6:45pm

Thursday, Spet 15th
Everest 9:25-10:25am
Tusker House 9:40am
Safari 11:40-12:40
Kali River Rapids 2:35-3:35pm

Friday Sept 16th
Check out
Head to MK

Haunted Mansion 9:35-10:35am
Jungle Cruise 11:15-12:15pm
Splash Mountain 1:20-2:20pm

Head back to get bags and head to the airport on a late flight home!

I didn't put it in, but Food and Wine start Wednesday the 14th. We will be hitting that up for sure! I like to plan out the mornings and then go with the flow for the rest of the day. We had this plan last time and it really worked well for us, so we will be doing the same this time around. We also never really know what we want to do until that day, so we like to play that way too. I want to make sure to fit in the nighttime festivities at both HS and AK so we will do that too. Most likely at the beginning of the trip, because Sken will be hating being at MK so much! LOL. We have both the Dining Plan and Park Hopper so that will work out for us!

Hi Casey! I'm here and am looking forward to hearing all about your plans for your upcoming trip! We will be arriving on 9/16 as you are leaving. Love the name of your PTR!

Hi Casey! I'm here and am looking forward to hearing all about your plans for your upcoming trip! We will be arriving on 9/16 as you are leaving. Love the name of your PTR!

Hey there! :wave2: Thanks for joining in! I just LOVE wishes, so the name seemed perfect!

We are doing an early dinner because this is the day of the first Patriots game.
After dinner, we are going to walk to the Boardwalk and try to get into ESPN by 8 for the game.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great idea as we too never miss a Pats game!

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great idea as we too never miss a Pats game!

Haha, so true! We had originally had dinner booked for 6:45 and that was cutting it WAY to close. We also have talked about checking out the Boardwalk as neither of us have ever been over there so this is a great excuse to see it all too! Nervous for that game though since Jimmy G will be starting and Arizona's defense is tough!

So last night we FINALLY booked our flights! We were real slackers on that end and thankfully we were able to get good flights and at a pretty good price!

Ql8kg.gif

So back in April I took a weekend and headed to Chicago to meet up with some friends! I was able to use points from JetBlue to book those flights. When I did that, Sken had mentioned that he wanted me to use points for his flights to Disney. Hey, If I got free flights he wanted some too. I didn't have enough to cover both his flights, but I was able to get the flight down for him using points!

So we are flying out of Providence RI on Saturday Sept 10 at 11:30am. We will land at MCO at 2:24pm. It's later than I'd like, but the only flight before that one was 7:30am and we have to ask for a ride into the airport, so we didn't want to inconvenience anyone. Since I had originally had our first FP for 2:30pm I have to change that. We will still be there in plenty of time to make our BOG reservation!

On Friday September 16th we are flying out of MCO at 9:15pm. We will get to Boston around midnight. Yes, we are flying out of RI and back into MA so we will need rides to the airports. Thankfully, my parents and Sken's mom don't mind at all!

So even though I waited way too long to book the flights, they ended up not being too bad at a whopping $385 total.

So to this point I have booked dining, FPs, flights, and customized our magic bands. What's left?
-Buy MNSSHP Tickets
-Get costume t-shirts
-Place garden Grocer order
-Pack!

Am I missing anything?? I feel like I am..

but more on that later..

WHAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?! What is this?!?!

Our dates are September 10-16, 2016.

I think you need to do 2017 too..

AND a potential celebration? Stay tuned for more on that!

tumblr_mo23mowSuJ1s0teago2_400.gif

School and he is getting some pressure from the family to make a move. (Pss..This is where the potential celebration comes in.)

Oh my................ LOVE OF ALL OF DISNEY!
tumblr_mb2ml8DxOg1rdutw3o1_500.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

tumblr_ne4uw4c23E1tt2x1bo2_500.gif

I AM GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! 4pm

Wednesday, Sept 14th
Starting the day at Hollywood Studios

TSMM 9:35-10:35am

Chicago to meet up with some friends!

My only concern is:
Your going to the Halloween party then early morning?! ouch.

7:30am and we have to ask for a ride into the airport, so we didn't want to inconvenience anyone.

LIMO!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?! What is this?!?!

I think you need to do 2017 too..

tumblr_mo23mowSuJ1s0teago2_400.gif

Oh my................ LOVE OF ALL OF DISNEY!
tumblr_mb2ml8DxOg1rdutw3o1_500.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

tumblr_ne4uw4c23E1tt2x1bo2_500.gif

I AM GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!

My only concern is:
Your going to the Halloween party then early morning?! ouch.

LIMO!!!

Hey Mo! Thanks for joining my PTR!! I KNOW!!! I'm going to freak out too! That is, if it does happen..

original.gif

The-Lion-King-romance-scene.gif

tumblr_nkepmeacKR1uo0fjdo1_500.gif

Anywho.......

For us 9:30-10:30 isn't too early.. That night we will be out late, but the previous day we will be taking it really slow and easy. I think we'll be okay. As for taking a limo, that is an extra expense. Maybe we can make it work...

So this morning I signed on to MDE just to check things out. then, a lightbulb! :scratchin I have to attach Magical Express to our flights since we just booked them! Okay, so I call Disney. I get a CM and she tries to do it, then says she can't because I booked directly through JetBlue and not Disney. She tells me to call JetBlue and they can do it for me.

So I call JetBlue and I get put on hold. I finally get someone, she listens and says that she thinks I have to talk to the Getaway people. I didn't book a getaway, so I knew they weren't going to be any help.. so I poked around MDE and I found it! So I added our flight info there and we are good to go! WOOHOO! :hyper::thumbsup2

I want to pack! I want to go! HAHA. I am so ready and eager for this trip! :woohoo: I'm not sure I'll be able to wait! :yay::lmao:

Haha, so true! We had originally had dinner booked for 6:45 and that was cutting it WAY to close. We also have talked about checking out the Boardwalk as neither of us have ever been over there so this is a great excuse to see it all too! Nervous for that game though since Jimmy G will be starting and Arizona's defense is tough!

I have full faith in Jimmy G...he can do it. Even if he loses 2 out of 4, I'm good with that b/c Oct 9th it is ON! :)

So we are flying out of Providence RI on Saturday Sept 10 at 11:30am

WHAT?! I am in RI too! We are leaving on 9/13 from PVD. Small world...I mean state :rotfl2:

I'll be on the lookout for any newly engaged (fingers crossed) folks while I'm there. We share about the same travel dates 10-20. Looking forward to comparing trip reports.

giphy-2.gif

I have full faith in Jimmy G...he can do it. Even if he loses 2 out of 4, I'm good with that b/c Oct 9th it is ON! :)
WHAT?! I am in RI too! We are leaving on 9/13 from PVD. Small world...I mean state :rotfl2:

I agree about Jimmy G, I am just worried about the Arizona game. I just still can't get over all the nonsense!

That's so funny! We love flying out of Prov. We actually live in MA, but PVD is the same distance from us that Logan is. I wish we could have done the early morning flight, but it was sold out by the time I booked. The way home we are doing Logan because the only flight back into PVD was at noon, meaning we'd have to cancel a park day and I really didn't want to do that! Sken didn't mind, but told me that I had all the power to make the decision, so I did the late night.

I'll be on the lookout for any newly engaged (fingers crossed) folks while I'm there. We share about the same travel dates 10-20. Looking forward to comparing trip reports.

View attachment 182783

Hi there! :wave2: Thanks for joining along! Our dates are very similar! I LOVE that Monica gif!

So last night BF came home from work and said he invited over some friends to have dinner and grill. They also brought over their two labs! Tessie loves play dates and it was so much fun!! Here are the girls

13770511_648197895426_4339763136457761167_n.jpg

From left to right is Piper, Stella, and Tessie! Aren't they just the cutest! Tessie was still exhausted this morning!

My plan for today is to get some work done since my office is quiet and then I will be back this afternoon. I think that I will do a little mini report on my last trip in December. It was with my cheer team that I coach, so it's not anything I can do a full report on, but I can do a mini one and share some of my favorite pictures!

Oooh a possible engagement?? Squeeee! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you. BTW, we will also be at WDW from Sept 10-16 (and we were also just there this past December too...you stalkin' us??). We'll be staying at the Poly but maybe we'll bump into you guys!

Oooh a possible engagement?? Squeeee! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you. BTW, we will also be at WDW from Sept 10-16 (and we were also just there this past December too...you stalkin' us??). We'll be staying at the Poly but maybe we'll bump into you guys!

Well hello there! :wave2: Thanks for following along! So cool that you will be there at the same time! Too funny about always going at the same time!

The start of my mini December TR! - Part One

So as I stated above, my last visit to WDW was in December with my cheer team. I coach for Pop Warner and have for the past five years. The first year I ever coached, my team made it all the way to Nationals! It was such a great experience for them and I always hoped I would have the chance to do it again! Well the following 3 years we made it to regionals, but that was it.

This year started out really rough. We had a new cheer coordinator, a second competition team, and a new coach to train. Most of the beginning of the season I had to train both the new coach and the new coordinator. I felt bad because it was taking me away from my team. In the end it all worked out though!

So I am calling this a mini TR because it was all the way back in December, and I didn't take any notes. So I will talk about our plans and what we did, along with sharing some of my favorite pictures!

So where did it all start this season? We start at a invitational competition. It's always held at the same place and it is called "Cheer for a Cure." The teams are all encouraged to rock pink and all money raised goes to a local breast cancer center. As I stated above, we had two teams competing this year which was awesome! That means our program is growing! I also did something very silly this year and invested in a Selfie Stick to get good pictures with all the girls! This is me with both teams getting ready to compete!

On the ground to my left is the other coach! After both teams performed, they all gather on the mats to find out their placements!

Both teams did a great job! We placed second at this competition!

That particular competition doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but I love having them go and get out any jitters they may have. From there we go to our league competition. We also got new uniforms this year!

If you place 1st or 2nd at leagues, then you move on to regionals! We placed 1st!

When we go to regionals, they are about 2 hours away, so we get a hotel and the girls all get to relax the night before!

The next morning though, we mean business!! We head off to the arena to compete, but only after taking more pictures!!

The arena is huge and there are so many teams that compete! We competed against 4 other teams in our category, but some teams go up against 14 other teams! Only the top two teams get to move on and go to Disney for the National Championship! After we compete, we get to hang out and watch all the other amazing talented teams!

After what seems like forever we make our way down to the mats and take a seat. They have to announce the places for hundreds of teams, so the nerves just go and go while you're sitting there! I knew my girls did a great job, and hit everything I asked them to, but you never know how the judges are going to feel about it and where you stack up next to the other teams! Before long they got to our category! We all sit in a circle with hands held and heads down (as you can see above) I was wayyy to nervous to take pictures, thankfully we do have a video of it!

They started calling.. 5th place.. not us...4th.. again not us.. 3rd... 2nd...... OMG they still haven't called us, which means..... 1st place!!!!! Here comes the waterworks! All the girls were soooo excited!! As were the coaches!

This year I had the girls focus on really working the scoresheet and not focus on trying to beat other teams. This seemed to really work for us, so I think this is something I will continue. I had asked them to try to score an 80 total. They scored an 85!!! I was sooooo excited! That was the highest score our league had ever gotten at any competition!! Of course non of that could be possible without my amazing coaching staff!

So the crazy thing about Pop Warner is that you learn you are going to Nationals, and then you have 20 days to coordinate all your people and go! So we had to get things moving and make those plans! I spent many days trying to make sure I could get everything in line to go and I was somehow able to pull it all off! So the beginning of December, the 7th actually, we were all ready to get going to Disney!!

With the thought of an engagement you SHOULD be overly excited!!!
No.. Just No.
I SO LOVE these! especially the skirts!
Your doing fantastic with the girls! so happy for you and your squads!
I am so happy for you!!! What great news all around!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks Mo, I would agree but.....

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back here. Work has been insanely stressful and so has cheer. Cheer is supposed to be starting next Monday, however our organization is driving me CRAZY! They are apparently mandating which nights are practice this year, and that happens to be Tuesday, Wednesday, and FRIDAY NIGHTS. I WILL NOT do Friday night practices :headache::mad::sad: For a few different reasons, I am not okay with this. I give up enough time and money already to this program, without having to give up Friday nights. Not to mention the problems it will cause when there is competitions and games on the same weekends. We have a meeting Thursday night to discuss so depending on how that goes will depend on if I continue to coach or not.

Sorry for this to put a big ol' stop on this little TR in a PTR but I am so consumed by this that I can't keep talking about it until I know how this is going to go. I hope you all stick it out with me for two days. I will also be coming back to update on more September related Disney talk.

Love you PTR so far!! My trip overlaps yours and if you BF is going to 'pop' the question I hope it is the first day in MK because I will be there and I am dying to see a proposal!!!

Good Luck with the cheer thing. I have boys that participate in youth sports and I agree with you...Friday night practices are a no go. Not fair to you!! Looking forward to reading more!

oh no.. I am so sorry. But for you to NOT coach would be devastating to the program and the girls. Yet i totally understand and know how you feel.. I do hope the meeting goes well and you get the practice times you want.
We practice every weekday. Until Games start then they have Monday off. So if this is the case.you can come live with me for the season and coach my daughter? You can bring Tess... as i am sure she will love Raven?

Hey i offered!

You can stop laughing now..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter