• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make Me Love AK

My family loves AK, it is not our favorite but we would never skip it on a visit. We always start out with the Character Breakfast Buffet at Tusker House. It never gets old watching my kids dance around the room with the characters.

As others have mentioned, the theming in AK is great, especially in Asia and Africa. The Safari is always interesting and when we can we try to ride early in the morning and again later in the day. EE and Kali River Rapids are great rides and Lion King and Finding Nemo are excellent. Caught Flights of Wonder for the first time on my last visit and I really enjoyed it also. Have to agree with earlier poster, not a fan of Dinoland, but younger kids enjoy it.

I always thought the to enjoy AK one has to approach it the same way as the World Showcase at Epcot. Much of the enjoyment is in the discovery, take time and explore all there is to see and do.

All depends on what you like. I am someone who goes for the rides and not shows or to meet any characters. With that in mind, AK is a half day park for me at most. And if I get there for rope drop I can be done by 11-11:30 and then do the rest of the day at another park. Some years I even skip it. This last trip I only went because I found myself with a surprise open day.

OK DISers help me out.
We have always thought of AK as a throwaway park. We liked it but we don't love it like that other 3.
On our next trip, in 2016, we want to dedicate some time to AK since the kiddo will be tall enough to ride everything.
Share your love of AK with us and why you love it.
Thanks!

OK bumping this up because we are going to AK on our next trip. It's the one park I don't have memorized.

For many years I didn't "get" Animal Kingdom, it was, as you said a throwaway park. Then one year it just sort of clicked, and I now love it. I am not sure that anyone could have talked me into loving it before I was ready. Go and make the best of it. Walk the trails, enjoy the animals and shows, and of course get on the rides, and I think at some point you will find that your opinion of it changes.

OK DISers help me out.
We have always thought of AK as a throwaway park. We liked it but we don't love it like that other 3.
On our next trip, in 2016, we want to dedicate some time to AK since the kiddo will be tall enough to ride everything.
Share your love of AK with us and why you love it.
Thanks!

Three simple words: Monkeys,,, are,,, cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter