making ADRs online-have to be done in one shot???

tami82

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions. Will the system allow you to make a few reservations at a time and then check out, go back in and make the rest for the 180 days or do i have to make them all in one shot? I guess im just paranoid of computer crashing or something crazy in the middle of it all of the 8 days. I would think it would allow me to do this as long as i have my reservation # each time i go in.
So basically I would like to do maybe 2 or 3 days at a time checkout and then go back in and do the other 4 days. My most important ressies will be the first few days which i will check out first and then go back in to finish the not so important ones. Dont want to take any chances;)

You can make one at a time if you wanted to. I do this all the time. Sometimes I make ones that I want and some I might want then cancel the ones I do not plan on using. It is hard to get reservations closer to travel times so I take what I can get then modify later if needed.

Usually I will book the ADR's that my girlfriend and I must have (usually only 2 or 3). After that we usually only make 1 or 2 at a time over the next few days. I found that it can get really addictive to make your ADR's online because of how easy it is, so we try to limit ourselves. Plus it stretches out the whole planning process a bit. We started making ADR's on Jan. 3rd and just decided to skip F! this time and booked another ADR instead this past Saturday night. Don't rush yourself, make the ones you know you want and play around with the others. You can always cancel the ones you decide not to keep.

I did 7 days online for our trip last year all in one shot. Had the DDP (not the deluxe) and was completed in 16 mins.
(they do empty your cart after 20 or 30 mins of inactivity).

Personally I say do them all, but that is just me. If you are scared because somethings can happen then split them up and check out and go back.

Good luck hope you get everything you want. :)

Actually, when we made our ADRs the system only allowed us to have 10 or 15 ressies in our cart at a time. We had to check out and then get more ressies. (We are on DxDP and made about 25 ADRs.)

thanks everyone for your help. I will go ahead with my plan being the paranoid wreck that i am:upsidedow

thanks everyone for your help. I will go ahead with my plan being the paranoid wreck that i am:upsidedow

Also if you think that something may be left off you can always go back and check but when I did mine on Sunday I got email confirmations for each one. I did not request it nor was I expecting the emails but they came. Hope that makes it a little better;)

thanks. They do send e-mail confirmation #'s. I like to go back afterwards online and put in my #'s to make sure everything is set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter