Making long reservation question...

shawnh199

DIS Veteran
I was wanting to book online today since member services is closed and today is my 11 month window. Our vacation will be Dec 15-Dec 25, 2018. The booking window only allows me to select through Dec 22nd. Should I go ahead today and book through the 22nd. Do I add the next couple of days one day at a time by modifying the reservation? I've never had this issue come up before since we are new to DVC and our first stay on property was a split stay with a cruise in the middle.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Yes. Book today. You are safe in waiting 3 days before you call to add the remaining three days. If you do the math, no one else can book these days unless you wait 7 days before extending.

We always stay 10 or more nights. Get your first 7 days on line, then 3 days later call and add the last 3 nights, unless you just like listening to the Disney music while on hold, in which case you can call every day :)

If you want, you could book the 3 days, 1 at a time on line, then call and have MS link them into the original reservation.

If you want, you could book the 3 days, 1 at a time on line, then call and have MS link them into the original reservation.
If they do that, they would have to wait for the 11-month window to open for each of those 3 nights. If they call MS 3 days after making the initial reservation to add the last 3 nights, they have those nights locked in earlier than when the 11-month window opens for everyone else.

I guess I am jumping the gun, that new option to modify online is not in place yet, sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter