Making multiple reservations

deez1966

Mouseketeer
I am planning a multi-family trip for christmas 2018. We are 2 families, one with 4, me DH, DD20, DD12 and one with 5, BIL, SIL, their 3 girls, 12, 9, 6.

I have been practicing and looking up availability for the restaurants we are interested in. My problem is that very few of them are showing availability for 9 and I don’t think I can make two reservations (one for 4 and one for 5). Any suggestions on how to handle this?

TIA for any thoughts!

Call Disney directly and see when they can do. 407-WDW-DINE

You can make 2 reservations, but you have to do it a specific way in order for it to work.

First you need to be on the website not the app to do it.

When you go to make the first reservation of say 5 people, make sure when it brings up the screen to select your dining party you change the reservation contact to a different person in the drop down list it automatically has you in that spot, but if you switch it to someone else the system will allow you to go back in and make an overlapping reservation with you as the contact person for the second reservation.

You can make 2 reservations, but you have to do it a specific way in order for it to work.

First you need to be on the website not the app to do it.

When you go to make the first reservation of say 5 people, make sure when it brings up the screen to select your dining party you change the reservation contact to a different person in the drop down list it automatically has you in that spot, but if you switch it to someone else the system will allow you to go back in and make an overlapping reservation with you as the contact person for the second reservation.

Thank You so much! I just tested it and it worked great!

Try booking for 9 or 10 first because that way the restaurant knows you want a large table. While it's always possible that a large party will be seated at two tables, you have a better chance of being altogether if the restaurant knows you're a party of 9. Just be sure to include everyone on the reservation (try 9 or 10, rather than 8).

When you make reservations for two smaller sized parties, the tables you are booking are for that size party (e.g. 4 top for a party of 4, 5/6 top for a party of 5). When you arrive at the restaurant you can ask to be seated together, but it is only a request. The castmembers will do their best, but since you mention you'll be there at Christmas, it will be a busy time and very possibly your party won't be seated at a single table. It will depend on how busy the restaurant is when you check in, how many larger parties have already booked the large tables and the availability of adjacent tables that will accommodate your group. At best you'll be seated together with no problem, but possibly you'll have to wait longer, or you might be seated at adjacent tables or at two tables far apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter