• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making Paris my first Disney race.

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
I've been wanting to do a Disney race for some time now. I'm so excited my first one will be in Paris. I'm only planning on the 5k unless they decide to add a 10k.

What tips can you provide in terms of registering and participating? How far in advance does registration usually open? Is there any benefit to booking a room package with registration vs taking advantage of the deals now?

The Paris runDisney events are slightly different. The involvement of a partnering outside company adds some hurdles--nothing impossible. Just makes it different.

Registration tips: Be prepared. Just like if you were to register for a US race.
1) Have your info ready (Name, address, what event you want to do, what size shirt you want, credit card on hand)
2) If there is an organizing company (like Active for the US races) that has you create a profile, try to accomplish that before registration opens.
3) Don't wait to register. If registration opens at 1pm, try to be on the site ready to go before 1pm. Races sell out. Some much quicker than others.

Participating tip: HAVE FUN. The DLP 5K course was probably the most enjoyable runDisney 5K that I have done (which is pretty much all of them...).

For the 2016 race, registration opened in December/January for people booking a runDisney - Disneyland Paris package, in February for people seeking an independent registration.

The benefit of a package is that it guarantees your entry. It may or may not be a better value, depending upon your travel plans. In our case, it was not. We risked registration being maxed out by waiting, but it worked out that we were all able to register without that happening.

Going to move this to our new RunDisney board for you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter