Making PS questions for my diabetic child

I have been on the R/NPH routine for years. I do not use the mixed but separate vials and mix my own. That way I am able to adjust the amount of R and NPH I use according to my blood sugars at the time. Really the main difference between R and Humalog is the curve. You need to give R aout 30 minutes prior to eating and can actually give Humalog immediately prior to eating. R lasts a bit longer than Humalog. I've done both and really there is little difference if you know what you are doing. Now the R/NPH mixes are horrible as you cannot adjust to your needs and I would never use them. My doc has tried to get me to switch as that is his standard but I refuse as I am doing well on what I am using and have a Hb1Ac of 5.8 which is good control.
I do sliding scale for R and adjust NPH according to my fasting BS which recently have been running in the range of 80-100 daily.

BB&T mom. Unfortunately carrots are the substitute. It used to be grapes which I handled much better. I actually handle a few fries better than the carrots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter