Making reservations for your whole stay...

mamateacher

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
If I am staying on property, will I be able to make dining reservations for my entire stay on the first day reservations open up? If so, how? I couldn't find a "sticky" thread somewhere to reference.

Thank you!

Hi all,
If I am staying on property, will I be able to make dining reservations for my entire stay on the first day reservations open up? If so, how? I couldn't find a "sticky" thread somewhere to reference.

Thank you!
Yes.
If you are staying in a Disney owned resort, you can make up to 10 days ADRs on your 180 day window.
On line, you need to have your Resort Reservation linked In MDE. The calendar will open up for your “plus 10 “ dates.

Not to hijack your thread, but here I go...
So since they changed their policy, I’m slightly confused. When when does my window open for the 2nd part of my split stay?
Window for first part opened today and I made all my resv up until the day we check out and then check in at other resort. The dates for 2nd stay (after check in day) are highlighted, but unbookable at the moment.

So, let me get this right, the 180+10 days to make dining reservations starts over for second resort reservation even if both resort stays are contiguous dates?

So, let me get this right, the 180+10 days to make dining reservations starts over for second resort reservation even if both resort stays are contiguous dates?

Correct. It's not really "180+10," but rather "180+length of stay, up to an additional 10 days." And since a "split stay" is two separate stays, it's two separate ADR countdowns.

(Note, I seem to recall reading that it's different for DVC stays, but I'll leave that for someone more knowledgeable than myself to confirm.)

Correct. It's not really "180+10," but rather "180+length of stay, up to an additional 10 days." And since a "split stay" is two separate stays, it's two separate ADR countdowns.
Making Fastpast+ selections is not broken down this way now is it? In the past, we have had a split stay and were able to make our FP+ selections 60+10 even though we had two separate contiguous reservations.

Making Fastpast+ selections is not broken down this way now is it? In the past, we have had a split stay and were able to make our FP+ selections 60+10 even though we had two separate contiguous reservations.

I don't think so because FP are tied to your tickets, not your hotel

Actually they have to be tied to your hotel. That way, they know you are staying onsite.

Actually they have to be tied to your hotel. That way, they know you are staying onsite.

I think the system is set up to recognize when you have a hotel stay AND tickets, which allows the FP window to open at 60 days. But the FP themselves are tied to tickets. As long as both legs of the stay are onsite, you should be able to reserve FP at 60 days + length of stay if you've also purchased your tickets.

Yes.
If you are staying in a Disney owned resort, you can make up to 10 days ADRs on your 180 day window.
On line, you need to have your Resort Reservation linked In MDE. The calendar will open up for your “plus 10 “ dates.

How do I make sure my Resort Reservations are linked in MDE?

What time in the morning can you start making dining reservations? Is it the same as FP+ 7am Eastern?

Are you staying onsite or offsite?[/QUOTE)
Yes interestingly as last trip can’t do it on crashing app nor on safari. Tried chrome no good but went back to old fashioned internet explorer with success for first 10 days!!!:rolleyes1
I love Disney but they need serious IT help

That is the truth! I seriously wonder what is up with Disney IT, you figure they could have the pick of the litter in work talent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter