Making The Move (Working for Disney)

Tinkerchelli

Tinkerchelli
Hi Everyone! :cutie:
I haven't been on the boards here for such a long long time.
I wanted to start this thread to find out any information any one can provide me with.
I want to one day in the near future make the move and work for the company I have grown to love so very much and one that has brought me and my husband so much happiness.
Life is so short and I know that talking about the move is one thing and actually making the move is another.
I am tried of sitting around and thinking of it and I would love to find out how others have done it.
Any specifics would be so greatly appreciated.
I love "TheDis" thanks so much to everyone involved in making the weekly videos and the new
show you have daily at noon.

Love Always Lucille (Tinkerchelli)

Lucille,

It really depends on what kind of work you want to do. My husband and I want to move there too, but for us it's because we want to live in a warmer climate and have the type of lifestyle that will allow us to be outside more. I am living in a very cold climate for 5 to 6 months out of the year, my body is having a hard time dealing with the cold now. I have a friend who along with her husband work for Disney. Unfortunately that doesn't automatically mean she can get me a job there too. They have been living there for almost 20 years now and have worked for Disney for many years. For me, I am looking for a job that pays more than min. wage, ( I am past 45) so I am looking for jobs not only at Disney but other companies as well. FYI...many temp agencies will not help you find a job while you live in another state. You need to be living there in order to get work from one of these types of agencies. There are office jobs at Disney but they are very, very hard to get. I don't want to burst you bubble (and I don't know you age), but it takes alot of research and planning and saving money. If you are lucky enough to have enough money to move there and then look for work, that helps. So best advice is get a plan together and follow it. :surfweb:

The below link is to Disney's career site. Look and take your time reading all the information and viewing current jobs available.
http://disneycareers.com/en/default/

I live 75 miles away and am planning on moving closer to work there somehow within the next 10 years. I get it.

I currently work here! I moved here from Chicago, but I had an in with the company in the form of the College Program. I'd been accepted as a pastry cook and was already going to be working here when I got here, as well as living in company housing until the end of my program. I didn't have a regular position offered by the time I was offered a program extension, so I took the extension and waited. I finally ended my program last month, separated from the company, and got rehired with a promotion. It's definitely difficult to do, though, which is why I'm very glad that things worked out for me the way they did. My fiance moved down when I extended and we live in Kissimmee. I work at Be Our Guest at MK.

I'd definitely look into the current positions available, but also look into housing options. Does your current employer have something down here that you can transfer to, at least to start with? If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter