Maleficent film

mike the canuck

https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml
http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/joe...angelina-jolie-starrer-maleficent-for-disney/

If Joe Roth were any more closely associated with fairy tales, he’d be one of the Grimm Brothers. Roth, who help start Hollywood’s feverish devotion to fairy tale films by producing the $1 billion-grossing Alice in Wonderland, is negotiating to become producer of Maleficent, Disney’s re-telling of its 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty, this time told from the vantage point of the evil witch. It’s no secret that Angelina Jolie wants to play that character. The script was written by Linda Woolverton, who scripted Alice in Wonderland as well as Disney’s recently re-released The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. They are looking for a director after a preliminary courtship of Alice helmer Tim Burton didn’t work out. Aside from Alice in Wonderland, Roth is producing Disney’s Sam Raimi-directed Disney pic Oz: The Great and Powerful with James Franco, Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz, as well as Snow White and the Huntsman, the Universal Pictures epic that is being directed by Rupert Sanders and stars Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth.

Why can't the just do a live action Sleeping Beauty?

I hate stuff like this Wicked made me sick I'd rather be water boarded than see it again!

Personally Wicked is a much more enjoyable story than Wizard of Oz, IMO.

I never saw the play, but I did read the book years ago when it first came out. I enjoyed the first half or maybe two-thirds, and it had the makings of a great spin on the Oz story, but I thought it just fell apart in back half.

I never saw the play, but I did read the book years ago when it first came out. I enjoyed the first half or maybe two-thirds, and it had the makings of a great spin on the Oz story, but I thought it just fell apart in back half.

Wicked the Musical versus the book are very different, I think. I read the book years ago as well when it first came out and thought it was very dark and though I enjoyed it, I struggled through it as a whole and just wanted to finish it.

For this reason, I resisted the musical, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I finally saw it two years ago, and totally understand the following that it has.

And I would SO watch a Maleficent movie. :thumbsup2

It’s no secret that Angelina Jolie wants to play that character. The script was written by Linda Woolverton, who scripted Alice in Wonderland as well as Disney’s recently re-released The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. They are looking for a director after a preliminary courtship of Alice helmer Tim Burton didn’t work out.

Wicked the Musical versus the book are very different, I think. I read the book years ago as well when it first came out and thought it was very dark and though I enjoyed it, I struggled through it as a whole and just wanted to finish it.

For this reason, I resisted the musical, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I finally saw it two years ago, and totally understand the following that it has.

And I would SO watch a Maleficent movie. :thumbsup2

I saw the musical before I read the book and was shocked by how different they are. The musical is easier to understand and is easier to enjoy.

Anyway, I was just wondering about this Sleeping Beauty movie! Good to get an update. I would like to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter