• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maleficent/Murphy caught on fire during the 10:30pm 4/22 Fantasmic performance

I hope you are right! Yesterday I was able to book a Fantasmic Dining Package for Friday June 23. But now for June 24 (and all other dates I check in June) there is a message there that wasn't before. Definitely hoping it is a fluke or error!
I checked on the App and the website I could find or make a reservation for any Fantasmic Dining package on Sunday June 25. Please let me know what you find.

A word of advice on booking packages…make sure you are choosing an actual time and not just lunch or dinner. I also kept getting the “not offered on this date” message when trying to book before. I just assumed that selecting dinner was ok. Wrong. As soon as I started selecting the time I wanted I got Hungry Bear with no issues. Even after seeing multiple time’s available, I went back and selected dinner just to make sure and the options went away. I just wish I knew this earlier and then maybe I could have gotten the River Belle Terrace Premium option I really wanted.

A word of advice on booking packages…make sure you are choosing an actual time and not just lunch or dinner. I also kept getting the “not offered on this date” message when trying to book before. I just assumed that selecting dinner was ok. Wrong. As soon as I started selecting the time I wanted I got Hungry Bear with no issues. Even after seeing multiple time’s available, I went back and selected dinner just to make sure and the options went away. I just wish I knew this earlier and then maybe I could have gotten the River Belle Terrace Premium option I really wanted.
There are no packages available on June 25. I tried with different times. Nothing was offered.

I would be curious to know if anyone has had any success booking a Fantasmic dining package in the last couple of days. If so, what was the date you got it for?

The difficulty booking the F! dining packages isn't new. We have one booked for 5/5 and I had extreme difficulty getting it. Even after the 60 day mark, I got all sorts of weird "it's not happening on that day" or "it's not available" type results--even though I knew it was. I finally got one for Hungry Bear F! dining, and then my friend who is a Disney travel planner (I got tickets through her) found a River Belle Terrace Premium reservation a couple weeks later. She has one of those programs that notifies her when an opening she is looking for is available. So these issues existed before the fire. Just an FYI. :-) Now just keeping my fingers crossed that we get to use our River Belle reservation!

Fantastic has been paused until May 14th.

According to Disney reporter Scott Gustin Fantasmic will be shuttered through at least May 14th.
"We know our guests love and miss Fantasmic, and Disneyland Resort teams are working hard to assess when we can bring back an adjusted show as quickly and safely as possible," a Disneyland official said.

According to Disney reporter Scott Gustin Fantasmic will be shuttered through at least May 14th.
"We know our guests love and miss Fantasmic, and Disneyland Resort teams are working hard to assess when we can bring back an adjusted show as quickly and safely as possible," a Disneyland official said.

This makes it seem like they may be worried about structural damage to the things that lift the other elements of the show. I wonder if they may decide to bring back the old dragon head or if it'll be projections only.

This makes it seem like they may be worried about structural damage to the things that lift the other elements of the show. I wonder if they may decide to bring back the old dragon head or if it'll be projections only.
As much as the dragon with the fire was great, I think that part of the show is over, probably just projections or the old dragon head. There must be other damage to the show's components,

Aw dang it!!! I am assuming my BB F! reservation will still be honoured, just off the normal menu. Seriously bummed as I *finally* had my teenager interested! At least I’ll save some $ ordering off the normal menu…

Aw dang it!!! I am assuming my BB F! reservation will still be honoured, just off the normal menu. Seriously bummed as I *finally* had my teenager interested! At least I’ll save some $ ordering off the normal menu…
I am hoping my BB dining package is honored too for 5/13! Does anyone know, is that usually how it works if the show is cancelled and you have a dining package, can you still just dine with the existing dining package reservation? I tried to call DL dining, but they have recording saying everything must be done online.

I am hoping my BB dining package is honored too for 5/13! Does anyone know, is that usually how it works if the show is cancelled and you have a dining package, can you still just dine with the existing dining package reservation? I tried to call DL dining, but they have recording saying everything must be done online.
My friend who is a Disney travel agent is there currently and is going to ask what will happen to F! package reservations. We have RBT Premium. Certainly don't want to pay $75/person to eat there. I will report back with what answers she gets.

I saw on social media that people are having their Fantastic dining packages canceled by Disney (they are receiving emails).

I can report back on Saturday. In the past they would offer the F! package to regular reservations if there were seats left, so I don’t anticipate any issues ordering off the regular menu. If there was something specific on the F! menu they may offer that as well. Again, I’ll report back,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter