Mama Melrose food sub

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
can you substitute on the steak with mac and cheese...I had this a few years back and it was soooo cheesy ..didnt agree with me...so wondering if one can get a side of spaghetti or even the little potatoes..

I've been there twice and have the sense that the server has some flexibility with the kitchen. I haven't tried to change up the side on the steak dish, but I was there with the Fantasmic Package and my server subbed out the regular sampler dessert for the cannoli when I asked. So there should be some give. :thumbsup2

I have a food allergy, so the chef came to our table in 12/2015. We still got it as it doesn't affect me--i thought it was overcooked and didn't like it either--but he offered other sides. So, it was possible then...

Disney restaurants are in general very flexible with swapping sides around. At CA Grill I got my son the adult filet plain with as side of kid's mac and cheese, which is about as flexible as you can get since it's actually a kid main meal and not technically a side. I think if there is another side with another dish, as long as they have it they will have no problem subbing it for you.

Disney is usually very flexible and if you describe it as a food allergy they must accommodate.

thank you... the steak was fork tender..and delicious ..but the mac and cheese was five cheeses I think in it....again tahnk you for the answers

Disney is usually very flexible and if you describe it as a food allergy they must accommodate.

Please don't do this. For those who have family members with life threatening allergies, it is necessary to have the time of the chief to be sure our food is safe. Using the " allergy card" is very disrespectful to the staff and those with allergies. WDW takes allergies very seriously. If you state you have a dairy allergy, they are going to make sure your whole meal is dairy free, possibly eliminating the other side or dessert you want. There are not accommodation laws for restaurants and allergies but WDW does indeed go above and beyond. I have never had a. On allergy sub request not honored. Just ask nicely and chances are great they can do it. BTW- I love the steak and Mac and Cheese there!

Yes Thing 1 you are absolutely right... we have a grandson that has to have gluten free foods, and my nieces are both peanut allergens.. they both are on the severe side of that.. would never fib to get my way.. but if they cant get me another side.. then I know an alternative choice there.. already working on that..

Please don't do this. For those who have family members with life threatening allergies, it is necessary to have the time of the chief to be sure our food is safe. Using the " allergy card" is very disrespectful to the staff and those with allergies. WDW takes allergies very seriously. If you state you have a dairy allergy, they are going to make sure your whole meal is dairy free, possibly eliminating the other side or dessert you want. There are not accommodation laws for restaurants and allergies but WDW does indeed go above and beyond. I have never had a. On allergy sub request not honored. Just ask nicely and chances are great they can do it. BTW- I love the steak and Mac and Cheese there!
I apologize. I thought the food was an allergy since it didn't agree with her. I completely understand your pov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter