mama melrose tartufo recipe or ingredients?

ginamb

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where I can find the tartufo recipe (or at least a list of ingredients or a description) that is offered at the Mama Melrose restaurant at MGM Studios? It was delicious and I can't find a similar tartufo recipe online so I hope someone remembers what it was made of or where I can locate the menu or recipe? (I ate there in late July 2004 and it was a "special" dessert at that time.)

Thank you in advance.

but it may not be what Mama Melrose's served........sorry, but I never even heard of this dessert, so I have no idea what their's tasted like :(

Title: Tartufo
Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

1 c sugar
2/3 c cocoa
2 ts instant expresso or coffee
1/3 c water
4 egg yolks
10 maraschino cherries
1 c heavy cream
2 tb rum
2/3 c chocolate; coarse chop

Instructions

Soak cherries in rum. Sift sugar; cocoa, and instant coffee together and place in a heavy sauce pan. Add the water and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook until everything is well mixed. While syrup is cooking, whip the egg yolks until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed of the beaters to the lowest level and add the hot syrup in a continuous fine stream. Continue beating until the mixture is thick and forms a ribbon pattern when the beater is pulled away. Chill well. Whip the cream with the 2 tablespoons of rum until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Arrange foil lined paper cups in a muffin pan. Fill each cup 1/3 of the way full. Place a cherry in each cup then fill the rest of the way. Freeze at least 4 hrs. Before serving pipe whipping cream on top if desired. It will keep in the freezer for about a month.

Title: Chocolate-Chocolate Tartufo
Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

1 1/2 ts Best-quality chocolate ice cream
2 1/2 c Miniature chocolate chips; divided
3/4 c Heavy cream; chilled, divided

Instructions

Put ice cream in large bowl. Let soften enough to form into 4 large balls, using a large ice-cream scoop. Place ice-cream balls on waxed paper in a pie tin and immediately place in freezer. Freeze until very hard. Remove ice-cream balls.

Place 2 cups miniature chocolate chips on flat surface. Working quickly, roll ice-cream balls in chips to cover completely. Refreeze until ready to serve.

In small heavy saucepan, put remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and 3 tablespoons water. Simmer over low heat; stir well until chocolate melts into a thick, smooth sauce. Keep sauce warm. You will have 1/2 cup.

Whip remaining heavy cream until thick. Divide whipped cream evenly on 4 dessert plates. Place ice-cream ball in center of whipped cream. Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.

Yield: 4 servings.

Thanks for getting back to me with these recipes!

They both sound great.

The tartufo at Mama Melrose's had a coffee flavor (either coffee flavored ice cream or crushed coffee beans - I can't remember).

But again, thanks for sending this information! I appreciate it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter