Man CM in a woman's uniform?

redrockmom

Earning My Ears
My husband and I just returned from a magical weekend at Disneyland/California Adventures. We were very surprised to see a man (obvious- very tall, large feet, Adam's apple, and make-up caked 5 o'clock shadow) in a woman's costume (polka-dot dress) in California Adventure. We were at Elias & Co, and saw him (her?) taking photographs of families with a character (I didn't look around the corner to see who, but I saw a line of people waiting to get their picture taken, and saw them leaving).

Now, I have no problem with people's preference of dress outside of a workplace, I was just taken by surprise to see this. This was a first. Now, I have seen more masculine females wearing the female costume (Little Mermaid capri goucho style pants), and more feminine males in the male costume (khaki and vest combo), and it seems Disney will let the cast members show their personalities through their hair cuts, and mannerisms, I just didn't know they were letting it go to this point.

I know this was a man, and he was a cast member in a dress. He was also wearing the black wedge shoes the other women were wearing. Does anyone know if this is new policy? Glad Disney is LGBT friendly, but I was just very surprised to see this.

Thanks!

Why would this be an issue...there are many transgender people who don't have the millions of $$ as Fakelyn Jenner and work hard to be able to make themselves who they truly believe they are. Maybe this woman is transitioning. I would have given her a high-five and said "Glad you have the courage and that Disney supports you"

I think that being LGBT friendly includes letting people choose their uniform preference and then not giving them crap about it.

Even though we are still a bit shocked to see people display their inner selves contrary to societal norms, I believe future generations will be far more at ease with it. So many people are becoming confident enough to do exactly what they want, and society will adjust!

Furthermore, as a large chested lady, I frequently cross dress in Disneyland in my XL men's shirts, and it would be ridiculous for anyone to criticize me for that! So it must suck that girls can wear pants and guy clothes all day but guys can't get off as easy in traditional girls clothes.

Be who you wanna be, people! :D

New Policy? This may have been policy for sometime.

Being your true self is freedom where ever you are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter