Man found in 7 seas Lagoon

It was on one of the little blurbs for the news here in Tampa. But then when the news came around they didn't put it on. I was just looking for information on it. Glad I came here.

Just returned from 4 days at WDW. On Friday night, we were at the Contemporary where a few hours earlier, someone had fallen to their death off one of the balconies in the front of the hotel. When I mentioned to the Valet CM that they were having a bad day because of the balcony incident, he told me about the man they found in the Seven Seas Lagoon earlier in the day. He said the man had a fight with his wife on Wednesday and stormed off, and had been missing until they found him in the Lagoon. Very sad.

Lisa

Does anyone have more news on this????? Can't seem to find anything. Heard a brief news clip, but that was it.

I too heard both of these things today from Cast Member friends when I was at Disney. Supposedly the person who fell off the balcony was on the 14th floor of the inner part and fell onto the monorail track. Remember these are college program cast members who told me this so they may have added the landing on the monorail track part but both of the events did actually happen.

Sounds like the Mouse Machine pulled some strings to underplay these stories. I too found almost nothing in the news, is this the future trend of what Disney intends to possibly do even at ABC? To "filter" their news of anything negative concerning any part of the companies interest? Thats not right here in the USA. Whats next?

just because something happens at wdw doesn't make it national news - it is my understanding that both stories were mentioned on the local orlando news.

often stories about suicides are downplayed in the media, both for respect to the families and for concern about copy cats.

i wouldn't look for a big conspiracy here.

dr

DH found the info in the 4/27 edition of the "Concord Monitor" out of Concord, NH.

According to this article, the man was Sean Slattery, 36, of Merrimack NH. The very brief article stated that he was reported missing Thursday; his wife told investigators that they had argued the previous night over dinner at the Grand Floridian. She went back to their room at the Poly, and he never returned. Later Thursday, Slattery's wallet and windbreaker washed ashore from the lagoon. A spokesmean for the sheriff's office said there was no evidence of foul play.

How sad.

Of course its not a conspiracy, like it never happened?

If there are "blurbs" in various news sources, then clearly they have the info and have decided its worthy of nothing more than a blurb. I live in the SF Bay Area and I can assure you there are unfortunately plenty of these types of stories around. Only the location is different. Unless there is something else about the case that captures peoples' attention, a blurb is all they get, if that.

The person that was found dead is one of my sisters colleuges sons. Got that?
He was 30 i believe. His mother is a teacher in new hampshire. A very odd thing to hear. Thought and prayers to his family.
~Steve

I just read all of your posts regarding the two deaths a couple of weeks ago on WDW property... I was pretty much directly involved with both of those incidents... one, actually, a couple of your comments warrant a comment... regarding the tragic death of Mr. Slattery... actually, regarding both of the deaths that occurred at the park that day... the Disney PR folks went out of their way to entertain the media at both of those incidents.... the latter one, the suicide of the cast member was of no interest to the media because, quite simply, it was a suicide and unless the victim has some degree of celebrity status, the media is not interested... in the case of the drowning victim, the Disney PR rep allowed the media full access to the scene where the were permitted to observe the search and what sadly turned out to be a recovery operation... there was not attempt to suppress any of the facts regarding either one of these incidents from the news media... those are the facts sir, plane and simple.... three of the five local TV stations that do hard news were on the scene... the local newspaper and AP were also provided information and constant updates on how the incident progressed... those who requested it were provided with the Sheriff's Office missing persons report... how these media outlets chose to report the incident was up to them... The "Mouse" pulled no strings...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter