Mandy and Chris take on the world!

sissy_42

DIS Veteran
A little back round- DBF and I have been together two and a half years now. We meet in California in a military training program we were both going through. He is Navy and I am Air Force. Now he lives in Texas and I am in Nebraska. We see each other as often as possible. I took my nephews to WDW last July and knew I wanted to go back with Chris. We visited DL when we were in Ca and had a great time together. I grew up in San Diego and went to DL every year as a kid, he has visited WDW once as a kid. I just bought in to DVC and starting planning a trip right away. I thought "what better time than a birthday?" So October it is for Christophers 28th!

So here it is-7 nights/8 days at the world!

Flying in on October 2
Gonna plan for both of us to route through Dallas-Fort Worth then be on the same flight in to MCO. Should land at 2:30
Gonna pick up our rental then head to Super Target or Wal-mart for supplies. Two cases of water, some small snacks for the room and a few adult beverages:rolleyes1
Then to the World! Gonna hit Shades of Green to buy our tickets then check in at AKV. We have ADRs at Fulton's Crab House at 7:30, so we should have plenty of time to settle in and get over there. If we have time we will head to DTD early to walk around. Then hopefully have a somewhat early night so we can sit on out balcony and look out over the savanna! I have a solo trip next month to Vero Beach and I fly in to MCO. I'm gonna sneak over to DTD and buy DBF and I mouse ears and as a surprise I'll give him his this night. Gonna head to bed early as tomorrow is a busy day. Three parks!

Day 1-October 3
Is there any other way to start a WDW vacation than the MK?
Breakfast ARD at Crystal Palace for 8:05. Gonna head to MK early and get a few picks of an empty main st and castle before B-fast. I want the first ride of the day to be Space Mountain as it is DBFs favorite ride. We went on it twice at DL and as we pulled back in to the loading/unloading area the second time I looked over at him and he had tears in his eyes! I asked if he was ok and he responded he just really loved that ride! I knew I had a keeper when he was so touched by Disney ride that he cried! :love: I would like Chris to get a hair cut at the barber shop as well. Being in the military it is always short and he is good about getting it cut before we go on vacation. But if he let it slide this time I will mention it too him and see what he says.
Ok, only gonna do a few hours in MK then over to EPCOT. I wanna try to grab a fastpass for test track then do lunch. Lunch today will be various snacks and such from the F&W festival. After a few hours it's off to DHS! Not sure what time we will make it there but Fantasmic is at 8 so I wanna get in line around 7. After that EMH till 11. I LOVE Tower of Terror and I have never ridden RnRC. So those and Toy Story Mania are on the list for tonight! Oh and Star Tours! lol One of my faves from my childhood, so I cant wait to see how it is different from DL. And I know Chris will get a kick out of it, as he was shocked by it in DL. (in a good way, it was something he would never have expected to see there) We loved the Muppets show at DL so we'll try to catch it here as well. (not sure what all they will have open during EMH, something to look up as the trip gets closer) Well, we have another early day tomorrow! :cloud9:

Day 2-October 4
We should really be feeling the magic now :wizard: We will grab b-fast in the room or use a CS credit and try Mara. Then off to AK for EMH at 8am. I wanna make this one because I know the animals are most active in the am. Kilimanjaro Safaris is first than the walking trails. I think Chris will love Expedition Everest almost as much as Space. That and Dinosaur then back to the resort for lunch. We have ADRs at Sanna for 1:05. After lunch we'll relax for a couple of hours, maybe walk around and check out the resort. Around 4ish we'll head over to EPCOT and walk around again. We have to go on Journey in to Imagination with Figment at some point. This is one of the things Chris remembers most from his trip as a kid. He even asked me about it when we were planing our DL trip and as I had never heard about it we looked it up. He was somewhat disappointed it was only at WDW. He told me how cool it was and when I went last year I made sure to ride it and I brought him back a small plastic Figment figure which he keeps on his desk with other cherished mementos. Even tho I know now it has changed a few time since he last went, I know this will be something he will really love seeing again. This day at EPCOT will mainly be a wandering/people watching day tho. Depending on how we feel we will grab a CS meal or have some more snacks from the F&W booths. Then over to the MK for EMH till 1am!
I love the magic kingdom at night. The way the castle is lit up, the night time parades, fireworks, even the rides feel different. I'm sure most people feel this way too. This is the night I am probably most looking forward too. We're gonna party it up till they kick us out since tomorrow we can sleep in a little!

Am I being to wordy? Lol. If I didn't mention it in my last post, I love planing as much as the trip it's self. If you only knew about all the trips I have planed to see them fall apart due to a scheduling conflict with the military! But it is always worth it at the end of the day.
Now BACK TO THE FUTURE! lol

Day 3-October 5
It's a water park day! (weather permitting, we may switch to DisneyQuest or stay in) I love swimming and playing in the pool, water slides, etc. We took a day trip to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels Texas last year and had a great time. (huge water park, one of, if not the biggest in the country) Blizzard Beach today. Chris is not as big of a fan of water parks because he hates to be shirtless in public and thinks if he keeps it on he will stand out. I think that is dumb as tons of men keep shirts on at water parks. I only visited Blizzard Beach last time and had a great time. Bring on the lazy river! After a few hours splashing around we will take in a game of mini-golf at winter summerland, I really love mini-golf lol. Then head back to get ready for the evening.
La Nouba at DTD at 6. We have seen Cirque du Soleil once in Vegas and loved it, so we are very much looking forward to this show. Then we'll take a walk to the other side of DTD to ride Characters in Flight. I have been wanting to do this since I found out it existed, but again weather permitting. Finally we'll head back to AKV for a late dinner at Jiko at 8:45.

Day 4-October 6
Good morning! I plan on us being extra tired this morning! But I have a date with Donald Duck at 8:30 at Tusker House in AK! Today is our last full park day. We'll ride Everest and dinosaur again then most likely head over to DHS for a bit to get in ToT and *try* for Toy Story again. I also want to see Walt Disney: one mans dream.
Tonight is EMH at Epcot so off we go again!
I would like to get to Epcot by 1. But we don't want to hit TOO many of those F&W booths as we have ARDs at 6:30 for Bistro de Paris. I also hope to take part in some of the demonstrations during F&W. As the schedule wont be released until later this summer I may decide to change a few things later on. Chris is a big beer fan and I know he would love to do some sort of beer tasting. I think today we may park the car at the resort and take Disney transportation to Epcot as wouldn't mind having a few myself! The only other must do tonight is Illuminations. And I think we'll get a cab back to the resort at Epcot closes at midnight tonight. It will be worth the $15 or so to get to bed a little bit sooner. But we get to sleep in the next two days! :woohoo:

I am writing the posts one after the other (I just edited the first post from a few days ago), so I have no idea if anyone is reading this. But if you are, THANK YOU!! lol

Day 5-October 7
Not a busy day today at all. Chris is a huge video game nerd so I know he will love love love DisneyQuest. They don't open till 11:30 so we get to SLEEP! I know we're gonna need it after the past few days. I figure we'll play around at DisneyQuest until he gets bored or I want to kill him. I think I know which one will happen first tho :scared1: Then some shopping! Chris' mom is a Christmas freak so maybe something from the Disney Christmas store for her. I also want to check out the Boardwalk. And then another round of mini-golf this time at Fantasia Gardens. Then we are going to venture OFF PROPERTY! I bought tickets for Medieval Times at 7. Christopher mentioned to me before about a friend who had gone to one of the locations and he really wanted to do it too. This is a surprise I'm not gonna tell him about till we get there. He probably wont even remember telling me about it as it was at least a year and a half ago now. I bought the celebration package which comes with a pic, commemorative program, second or third row seats and a piece of cake. And of course as always, food eaten with our hands. Yep ladies and gentlemen, I love him that much!

Day 6-October 8 Christophers Birthday
:bday:
I love birthdays. Mine, his, yours. I love them. Last year was his b-day was low key, but we had fun. The year before was one of those trips I told you about that the military decided didn't need to happen. :sad1: I had a huge weekend away planed when on Friday afternoon we found out he needed to spend all weekend taking a last minute promotion class. It happens. He already had to cancel on going to Vero Beach with me next month. Well, lets not talk any more about that as we ARE going to WDW in October!

I'm sure I will get him a small present to open. Everyone should get to unwrap something on their actual birthday even if they are at WDW. Then off to Typhoon Lagoon. (again weather permitting!) I didn't make it here last trip and am looking forward to the Shark Reef. I don't know anyone who can say they have swam with sharks so I hope it will be a good story and I'll have some good pic's to bring home! I know Chris will want to back out at the last minute so I hope I can get him in the pool. Same water park fun for a few hours. Then over to MK. MNSSHP!! We have never dressed up for Halloween before so I am super excited! I haven't picked costumes yet but am thinking about Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. But we may go non-Disney. This is our last night so I want to get there before 4 when we can get in with out MNSSHP tickets. We need to make sure we hit the highlights tonight, Space and Splash Mountain, POTC, Carousel, and Haunted Mansion. Then take part in the Halloween festivities! Looking forward to the parade and fireworks. I think the party goes till 10 tonight. The last thing on my list is to see the kiss goodnight. I really hope they do it this night, even tho I know I'll cry. Tomorrow is airport day. I hate airport day.

Airport day- October 9
I made ADRs at Boma for breakfast at 8:15. Then we'll get ready to check out. Looks like our flight wont be until two so we'll wait till right at check out time then head over to get checked in and return our rental. I want to get us on the same flight again back through Dallas. This goodbye wont be too hard for us as we know we get to see each other at Thanksgiving then again at Christmas. His parents live in Missouri so it is easy for us to meet up there for the holidays. But getting on a plane back to leave each other is never easy.

Well if you did read this thanks. I had fun writing it and I cant wait to start planing my next trip. Looks like the next big one will be Christmas 2011 and I hope to bring his parents! Not sure how Chris will feel about that tho :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter