Manhattan Cruise Terminal Ride Share/Taxi

Just off the Dream in Manhattan, lots of taxis across the street from the terminal in the taxi stand. Kind of overwhelming. Emded up walking 1 block up the street got a yellow can to take us to hotel, was cash only though

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. Recent experiences are important. We are opting for ride share since it's $60 w/o tip from our home to the port and will use it once we are back from the cruise.

Appreciate all of the tips, and I hope they help others, too!

Just off the Dream in Manhattan, lots of taxis across the street from the terminal in the taxi stand. Kind of overwhelming. Emded up walking 1 block up the street got a yellow can to take us to hotel, was cash only though
were you on the 4 nite? any chance you can share what parties were what nites? how was the weather w the tropical storm remnant?

Oh wow, it didn't even occur to me that taxis would be cash only. Is there a way to figure out how much I'll need? We're cruising out of NY in a few weeks on the repositioning to San Juan.

Oh wow, it didn't even occur to me that taxis would be cash only. Is there a way to figure out how much I'll need? We're cruising out of NY in a few weeks on the repositioning to San Juan.
Taxis in NYC are required by law to take credit cards, with no minimum and no fees for paying by card instead of cash.

We just disembarked in Manhattan on Thurs. Port staff were directing passengers across the street for taxis and rideshare, but if you tell them you have private transport you just go upstairs in the terminal and get picked up there. You are outside for a moment waiting for the elevator but it's under cover.

We ordered an uber, but instead of saying "uber" or "rideshare" we said the magic words "private transport" and were allowed upstairs. The uber came in 3 minutes. No one stops them from driving up to the terminal. If you used a car service you'd also pick it up there upstairs.

Also, if he wears the boot off, the staff may be more flexible. But just remember the magic words are "private transport" and you'll be ok.
Thank you @karmacats this is exactly the information I've been trying to find for over a week. :D

Hi, I am following up on our experience from 10/27.

No one asked us at the elevator where we were going; we had a porter helping another family in our elevator car, and he had no idea that private transport was on level 2 (asked him to please press 2 for us). Level 2 wasn't too crowded, but we walked away from where most people gathered.

I checked pricing for both uber and lyft with uber being slightly less expensive. Unfortunately, the app defaults to 3 locations, none of which were where we were standing. I tried to manually change the address, but it didn't seem to register.

The driver called me twice looking for us as he expected us to be standing across from the terminal northbound on 9A (12th Ave). He did finally find us.

I think in the future for us is ride share on departure date and actual private car service for return date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter