Many questions about TGM - Please help me!!

DisneyDork712

DIS Veteran
Hmm... So I'm really thinking of subscribing to TGM. I have several questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet.

First, how detailed is the information on the site. Like the shopping sections of the resorts/parks, and the resort information. I'm really interested in doing some serious shopping on our next trip, and I noticed that there are sections about shopping in World Showcase countries and at the resorts. Is it the same information you can find at AllEars or in the Unofficial Guidebook? I would love to find a website with a lot of detailed information on all things Disney World! :goodvibes

Also, what kinds of pictures are there of the resorts, parks, shops, etc. I like visiting s u i t e d i s n e y.com; they have a lot of pictures! Is it just similar pics on TGM?

And finally, can you get info and read articles on things, such as resorts, that you're not planning on actually staying at? We were planning on staying at POP, but DH was just saying tonight that he would like to try POR next time. :rolleyes: And I always like to hear/read about all the different things at Disney World, even if we haven't planned on doing them - it could make us change our minds! Will I be able to access information on just POP, or can I explore other places as well?

Really I'm wanting to get TGM to use mainly as a Disney fix before we go! :goodvibes We pretty much know what we're going to do, with the exception of the resort we're staying at next time. Plus, I really like to plan Disney World trips - and TGM looks like it would be a really fun site to help with my planning addiction! I think I'm more interested in the information I can find than the planning features though! Plus, I just would really like to see some new information and pictures about Disney World! To be honest, TGM looks amazing! But I just get so skeptical about everything these days! TGM looks too good to be true - and you know what they say... "If it looks too good to be true..." :goodvibes *Sigh* I am so on the fence about this. Please help me decide if TGM is right for me!

I know ALOT about WDW..........enjoyed 20 trips so far.......and cant wait to go again........and I have been thinking the EXACT same question.......popcorn:: cant wait to hear replies!

Hopefully we'll get some replies soon! popcorn::

...Either that, or I'm just going to break down and get it anyway, 'cause I must have it! :) In the event that that happens, I'll let you know how it is! LOL

I took TGM advice for my last trip to WDW in Jan 07... He was spot on for which ride to do first in what land etc... Also about the time to eat, when to get fastpasses, tips, tricks, what park to do on what day... He also has a chat forum, just like this one, where you can ask questions, share your plans etc... It was quite fun and I was on the site for months before my trip, it helped a lot. Good luck.

First, how detailed is the information on the site. Like the shopping sections of the resorts/parks, and the resort information. I'm really interested in doing some serious shopping on our next trip, and I noticed that there are sections about shopping in World Showcase countries and at the resorts. Is it the same information you can find at AllEars or in the Unofficial Guidebook? I would love to find a website with a lot of detailed information on all things Disney World!

fairly detailed. although what's most important to note here is that TGM is aimed towards the first-and-perhaps-only time visitors. not to say there isn't valuable information for repeat customers - plenty of that, but the bulk of the site's contents is directed to that customer base. things like which vehicles or seats to ask for on each attraction for example.

Also, what kinds of pictures are there of the resorts, parks, shops, etc. I like visiting s u i t e d i s n e y.com; they have a lot of pictures! Is it just similar pics on TGM?

he offers photo tours of many things, but to be honest, a lot of them are missing. what that means, i don't know, but it's not really meant to be a picture site.

And finally, can you get info and read articles on things, such as resorts, that you're not planning on actually staying at? We were planning on staying at POP, but DH was just saying tonight that he would like to try POR next time. And I always like to hear/read about all the different things at Disney World, even if we haven't planned on doing them - it could make us change our minds! Will I be able to access information on just POP, or can I explore other places as well?

at this current time (and i know there's a major tgm update coming, but i don't suspect it'll change), you have full access to the site regardless of when and where you're going.

to address your last paragaph, i don't recommend TGM as a site to fight boredom with. if you aren't going to take it seriously, you won't find quite as much value in it, which could be bad for both sides. it's definitely not a con. that much can be pointed out by the fact that he has MANY repeat customers. i've seen many people join the forums there only to immediately discredit what he says because it goes against their experiences and their gut reactions, but you simply can't fight it. he exists today because he was right yesterday and will be right tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter