• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maps Online for the Disneyland Resort

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
I put some maps and aerial shots on the sticky threads at the top of this board, but just in case you do not visit those threads, I'm putting them here for you to check out.

Disneyland Resort

11450DLR_Map.jpg

11450dlmap.jpg

Close-up Aerial of Disneyland & California Adventure - big file

Disneyland & California Adventure - Before Tot Was Built

This map shows DL Resort, San Pedro, where the cruise ships are going to stop, and the 5 major airports: LAX, Orange County/John Wayne, Long Beach, Ontario, and Burbank. Also shows Knotts & Universal Studios on the map:

11450map_la_oc1.jpg

Thanks so much, Mary Jo! These maps are great. You are such a wonderful resource! I wonder how many vacations you have enhanced. Many!

Thanks again,

Tandyc

I especially love the aerial shots. Thanks so much!

Thank you so much ! All those maps are really getting me excited for my trip (as if I needed to get MORE excited!)........P

Here's an aerial shot from http://www.terraserver-usa.com centered on the Downtown Disney area, including the DL/DCA entrance plaza, showing that the respective park entrances are in fact about 100 yards apart. The big white building at the top left is the Indy Jones ride building in DL, and the grey-with-red-and-white checkerboard building is the Soaring Over California ride in DCA. The GC pool is at the bottom left.

For more fun, from that base shot you can zoom out and pan to see other areas of the DLR.

Thanks MaryJo and jlmarr for all the maps. They are going to come in handy.
Does anyone have any ground level shots of the DL resort? The last time we were there was in '98 just as they were breaking ground for DCA. I'd like to get a comparision of then and now of the plaza area. I've only seen photos of specific locations like the entrance to DCA, but not a general wide shot of the plaza and DTD.
Also does anyone know when the Disney Magic will be docked in San Pedro?

The Disney Magic will be docked on May 28th. I was just there on Tuesday checking out the area & took some pics, though they're not the best -- they wouldn't let me take any of the terminal from the terminal, so I had to take it from across the street. San Pedro is in the middle of city upgrading, so there is equipment, etc., all around.

I have a ton of pics of the general plaza area - I take them everytime I go (which gets a :rolleyes: from my kids lol.... Any special ones, or general Downtown Disney & Esplanade ones?

Thanks, jlmarr, for the link. I stuck it in one of the threads at the top. :sunny:

I'm looking for kinda of a wide shot facing the Disneyland Drive just to get the feel of the change from the parking lot to the plaza.
Also if you have some photos of the new greenery around the edges of the resort would be great too. I heard the streets really look a lot nicer now than a few years ago when it just concrete and power lines surrounding DL. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter