Marathon day question

AuntDJ

Earning My Ears
I know to expect increased crowds marathon weekend. I know it could take longer to get places. My question is....how much longer? We are staying at Port Orleans, French Quarter and are planning on Animal Kingdom that day. If open is at 9, what time should we try to leave our hotel?

I know to expect increased crowds marathon weekend. I know it could take longer to get places. My question is....how much longer? We are staying at Port Orleans, French Quarter and are planning on Animal Kingdom that day. If open is at 9, what time should we try to leave our hotel?

Generally the section of road coming from Animal Kingdom to Wild World of Sports/Hollywood Studios is down to 1 lane due to having a good chunk of it blocked off for marathoners. Parts of the parking lot will also be blocked off.

I would suggest either very early as the previous poster mentioned, or change to a park where you won't have to cross as much of the path of the marathon, like Hollywood Studios.

If you get to AK early, you will be able to cheer on some of the runners while you are waiting for entry to the park as the route is usually right near the front entrance.

The course this year will be different from prior years. It is possible that runners will not be on Osceola Parkway. We will not know for a few more weeks until they release the course map. Early is better than late for any driving on Marathon morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter