Marathon Weekend 2017 Registration Question

ownedby3labs

Earning My Ears
Hi, This will be our first time to register for a RunDisney race. There are 3 adults and my nephew who is 11 . We are hoping to register one adult for the Dopey , and my sister, nephew and I for the 5K and 10K. So I am hoping someone may have some tips for us. I believe we should all create an Active account? This that right? I've also read that we all need to register individually. But my question is, can my sister register my nephew at the same time as hers as he is a minor? or will we have to do a separate one for him as well? Sorry for all the questions! I am feeling like it is alot of people to get registered and starting to get nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, This will be our first time to register for a RunDisney race. There are 3 adults and my nephew who is 11 . We are hoping to register one adult for the Dopey , and my sister, nephew and I for the 5K and 10K. So I am hoping someone may have some tips for us. I believe we should all create an Active account? This that right? I've also read that we all need to register individually. But my question is, can my sister register my nephew at the same time as hers as he is a minor? or will we have to do a separate one for him as well? Sorry for all the questions! I am feeling like it is alot of people to get registered and starting to get nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Each adult needs their own account, and all registrations will be separate. Your sister can register her son under her account, but not at the same time. There's an option for "register yourself" or "register someone under 18." :)

Thanks so much! I do have one other question. I read somewhere that it is easier to register through the link that Disney sends out rather than logging in to Active. Is this true? and if it is , how do I find the link from Disney?

Thanks so much! I do have one other question. I read somewhere that it is easier to register through the link that Disney sends out rather than logging in to Active. Is this true? and if it is , how do I find the link from Disney?
The link that Disney posts takes you to Active.com, and at some point you'll have to log into your account anyway. :)

Have the active account info saved on your computer (so it autofills). Have your CC number saved with "copy" so you can "paste" it in, and have the card right there for exp and sec code. Perhaps call your CC company or bank ahead of time and let them know there will be multiple charges in a row (if using the same CC) with the same company. Or have more than one card available and *right there*.

Such great suggestions! Thank you so much . I have one more stupid question. I assume that i will be unable to register myself for both the 5K and 10K at the same time, so is there one you recommend we register for first?
Again thanks for your patience with all these Newbie questions!

Such great suggestions! Thank you so much . I have one more stupid question. I assume that i will be unable to register myself for both the 5K and 10K at the same time, so is there one you recommend we register for first?
Again thanks for your patience with all these Newbie questions!
10K first, for sure. And you're right, it's 2 separate registrations.

Me again , getting excited as registration is coming up soon :) I do have another question though. Is there an administration fee charged by Active for each race registered? also are there taxes on the registration fees? Thanks for helping a new girl out!

Me again , getting excited as registration is coming up soon :) I do have another question though. Is there an administration fee charged by Active for each race registered? also are there taxes on the registration fees? Thanks for helping a new girl out!
Active fees, yes (add on 6.5-7% of whatever you are paying for).

Taxes, yes and no. If you're pre-ordering merchandise, you may need to pay taxes. I'm not sure if it's for everything, but I know that they add taxes to the Dooney & Bourke pre-orders. But when signing up for the races themselves, you don't pay taxes.

Registering myself and a child for the 5K, do I need to go out to the queue each time?

Basically register myself first, then wait in the queue again, then register my child.

With wine n dine we didn't go back to the start of the queue for the 2nd reservation.. We just picked the next race and kept going..

I think it's the 'perk' they give to have a chance to get all family in before it fills..

Only needed one reg for January so no idea if the same pattern holds..

I am registering DS for the 100 yard dash and DD for the 1 mile run is there one I should do first over the other. It would be terrible if I only got one registered and not the other.
Can I be logged into my account on two different computers and do them at the same tiem?

make sure you have all accounts set up and ready to go. be on the computer and ready before the registration opens since the 10k will go immediately since after ap and dvc advanced registrations ( which sold out right away) and the dopey runners there are not many spots for just 10k runners unfortunately. i have done the race for 3 years with early registration and it is stressful trying to get the 10k. i had written run disney to see if they were going to expand the registeation number for the 10k and the answer was no. last year they had approx 10000 runners for the 10k and we were told at the race start 7000 were dopey runners. not many spots left after that and this is an extremely popular race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter