5 at Animal Kingdom Lodge
12 at Saratoga Springs
5 at Old Key West
5 at Boardwalk
1 at Wilderness Lodge
1 at Shades of Green
0 at Swan/Dolphin
4 at offsite resorts

Awesome! But if I followed the lines right, you have me down at SSR, but I am staying at OKW :)
Thanks!

I'll never be as good as @DopeyBadger[/QUOTE]

No worries. People find small errors in my Excel sheets all the time. Bugs the heck out of me when someone finds an error because I missed it.

Ok, I'm also beginning to worry about getting swept and I'm hoping people can let me know if this is a reasonable concern or not. My average pace for the 18 miler this weekend was 15:44. That's cutting it close to the 16 minutes and it doesn't include any stops. I'm assuming that I'll have at least 1 bathroom stop during the marathon. And I'm not sure how long the bathroom line will be. But I should also have some cushion from the balloon ladies since I have a 5:50 POT based on my half marathon PR. So if I stop for the bathroom around halfway (maybe in Animal Kingdom) and still have an average pace hovering around the 16 minutes per mile (though this is long, slow, easy run pace and not race pace but imagining worst case scenario), should I be ok given that I should hopefully not be in the last corral?

A 5:50 POT (or estimate) is roughly Corral L. The estimated start time of Corral L is 6:17am, whereas the Balloon Ladies is roughly 6:35am. I used your estimated long, slow, easy non-race pace of 15:44.

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 11.39.01 AM.png

You will reach Animal Kingdom at ~9:43am, where as the Balloon Ladies will get there ~10:04. You will have an approximate 21 minute buffer at that point in time. Keep on eye on the time of day during the race for a best guess as to where they are. If you're still in Animal Kingdom at 9:55-10:00, then it's starting to cut it close. Since your pace and there's is almost the same, any buffer you have will be because of where you start in the corral. You will gain minimal time during the actual race itself. Hope this helps!

A 5:50 POT (or estimate) is roughly Corral L. The estimated start time of Corral L is 6:17am, whereas the Balloon Ladies is roughly 6:35am. I used your estimated long, slow, easy non-race pace of 15:44.

You will reach Animal Kingdom at ~9:43am, where as the Balloon Ladies will get there ~10:04. You will have an approximate 21 minute buffer at that point in time. Keep on eye on the time of day during the race for a best guess as to where they are. If you're still in Animal Kingdom at 9:55-10:00, then it's starting to cut it close. Since your pace and there's is almost the same, any buffer you have will be because of where you start in the corral. You will gain minimal time during the actual race itself. Hope this helps!
That does help, thanks! It's good to know about that approximate buffer. Hopefully the bathroom lines aren't too bad :) If they look bad I'll just keep going until I see one that looks shorter. I got lucky at the Dark Side half this year and there was no line at all at the bathrooms in Animal Kingdom.

77 Disers
0 at All-Star Music
2 at All-Star Movies
3 at All-Star Sports
1 at Art of Animation
11 at Pop Century
6 at Riverside
1 at French Quarter
1 at Caribbean Beach
5 at Coronado Springs
2 at Ft. Wilderness
2 at Contemporary
11 at Beach/Yacht Club
0 at Grand Floridian
4 at Polynesian
3 at Bay Lake Tower
12 at Saratoga Springs
5 at Old Key West
5 at Boardwalk
1 at Wilderness Lodge
1 at Shades of Green
0 at Swan/Dolphin
4 at offsite resorts

I am not sure how many to add. I have 2 runners and two non-runners at the Pop Century from January 4th. We are running the marathon.

First time poster and first time for Dopey!
I'm staying at OKW and looking forward to the runs. Not looking for add to the early starts!
What time is best to be leaving OKW? Will there be a lot of runners staying here?

When I did the Dopey in 2013... standing in the corrals for the half/full -- you could tell the "Dopeys" by the circles under their eyes. Enjoy your race... :)

Anyone have any idea what the commemorative 25th anniversary item might be in the pre-purchase bundles? Deciding if I should get that or not. I want the ornament for sure but not sure about the other item.

77 Disers
0 at All-Star Music
2 at All-Star Movies
3 at All-Star Sports
1 at Art of Animation
11 at Pop Century
6 at Riverside
1 at French Quarter
1 at Caribbean Beach
5 at Coronado Springs
2 at Ft. Wilderness
2 at Contemporary
11 at Beach/Yacht Club
0 at Grand Floridian
4 at Polynesian
3 at Bay Lake Tower
12 at Saratoga Springs
5 at Old Key West
5 at Boardwalk
1 at Wilderness Lodge
1 at Shades of Green
0 at Swan/Dolphin
4 at offsite resorts
My wife (5k, HM) and I (Dopey) are staying at All Star Sports.

Unfortunately, we are both currently plagued by IT band issues and our training has been impacted. Hopefully we get back up to full speed soon!

Anyone have any idea what the commemorative 25th anniversary item might be in the pre-purchase bundles? Deciding if I should get that or not. I want the ornament for sure but not sure about the other item.
and where can we view these items???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter