Marathon Weekend 2018

Speaking of the expo, have any pics of the race merchandise been released yet? I've looked and found nothing, but maybe I missed it. Since several of my family are running their first halfs and/or fulls, I've been eager to see some of the "I did it!" shirts and jackets, for possible gifts.

Speaking of the expo, have any pics of the race merchandise been released yet? I've looked and found nothing, but maybe I missed it. Since several of my family are running their first halfs and/or fulls, I've been eager to see some of the "I did it!" shirts and jackets, for possible gifts.
Typically (if my memory is correct), they have released pics of merchandise a few days prior to the expo. However, at Wine & Dine this year, they didn't release any pics of merchandise, and only posted pics of the actual race shirts like the day before the expo.

So it's anyone's guess.

Question about parking/passenger pick up for the 5K:

I am the only one in my party running the 5k and I will take Disney transportation to the 5k. I am pretty sure I will be in Corral A, and I will finish in about 40 minutes or less. I know that the start line is too close to where the buses need to go to bring you back to the resorts, so transportation back won't start until 6:30.
If my husband came to pick me up, is there a way I would get out of there sooner? Is the parking area for the 5k in a spot that is far enough away from the race start so I could just meet him there (in the 5k parking area?)
Thanks!

Which bib belt did you use? I haven't used one, but was planning to wear my Fitletic running belt with bib holders on it for the marathon. I've heard good things and saw a lot of people at Wine & Dine wearing them.

I don't know the brand. It is just a band with a couple of toggles on it. I will look at that brand although I am running out of time, lol. :) Thanks!

The weather sites are one thing to follow, but more interesting are the actual models: The Euro, Canadian, and GFS.

Right now, a couple are showing very cold weather Thursday through Saturday/Sunday. I'm talking lows in the low 30s. It just depends on how low the arctic blast going through most of the country on New Year's goes.

So they haven't been posting them as far in advance or at all as @FlashAM7 mentioned. 2017 Marathon Weekend posted merchandise the day before the expo opened, Princess also posted the day before the expo, Dark Side posted the day of the expo and Wine & Dine didn't post at all. Some have theorized this is to discourage those who come to the expo just to buy up a ton of the merchandise and resell it online since they won't know what it looks like in advance.

I am sure I probably missed it. But I know last year there was a site that you could enter your phone number to get texts to track a runner. Did that already come out?

I don't know the brand. It is just a band with a couple of toggles on it. I will look at that brand although I am running out of time, lol. :) Thanks!
FYI, I believe Fitletic will be at the Expo selling them, so if you don't have time to order one, they should have them there next week to check out.

1:00 PM on Thursday 1/4
gem_T2m_seus_36.png

1:00 PM on Friday 1/5:

gem_T2m_seus_40.png

1:00 PM on Thursday 1/4
gem_T2m_seus_36.png

1:00 PM on Friday 1/5:

gem_T2m_seus_40.png
Wow, so in the 40's for a high on those days?

The only two instances where I become obsessed with weather forecasts are during hurricanes and before races, lol.

Also, where did you get these images? I would be interested to check them out as the days go on.

The GFS 12z model is running currently. It shows things a little warmer. I'll post those images once they're available.

Last edited:
Some weather guy I follow on Facebook just posted this. Although this is for Tampa, it still shows next weekend being COLD.

kQOvhOx.jpg

Thursday 1/4 @ 7:00 AM (Different Model)

gfs_T2m_seus_33.png

Friday @ 7:00 AM

gfs_T2m_seus_37.png

Saturday @ 7:00 AM

gfs_T2m_seus_41.png

Sunday @ 7:00 AM

gfs_T2m_seus_43.png

Last edited:
I'm back after mostly being offline over Christmas :) Thanks for posting about the goals we had written back in February, I had forgotten all about that. I think my goals of staying healthy during training and finishing feeling good enough to enjoy the parks are mostly still on track. There's no way to know for sure how I'll feel after the race until that point so fingers crossed!

I own a set of racedots (www.racedots.com) and love them so much I've bought several other sets for family members. If you race fairly frequently, they're worth the price to save your shirts and other clothing.

I have taken the plunge and ordered some race dots on your strong recommendation! :: fingers crossed for good results ::

Are any shops/food establishments along Main Street USA open for spectators during the Half/full marathons?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter