Marathon Weekend 2018

I found the meet-up this morning! So great to chat with everybody.

Sorry to any of the runners that ran by Boardwalk past 7:08AM! @Keels got my last pour!

It was great seeing many of you. Now onto Animal Kingdom!

I saw you but was on the wrong side of the Boardwalk! Loved your sign and heard quite a few happy compliments from runners down the course.

After driving up to Manchester at 3:00 AM, we told (with no notification) that our flight was cancelled. This was the flight we were changed to after our first flight was cancelled. Delta's got nothing else in the Northeast... even if we drove 6 hours. Driving to Orlando is no longer an option because of the time window. I'm now in recouping money mode.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great holiday. At least my son Ethan will make it as they managed to slip him onto a flight out of Boston tonight (he'll show up, sleep 2 hours, then run the half) and he'll stay with a friend.

I'll be following you guys on this thread.

Looking at the Dark Side Half now. I've never run anything other than Marathon weekend. Probably get some sleep as well. Between the digging out of the snow and trying to get on a plane, I was up all night last night.

Cheers!

There is no way around it, this sucks. I’m sorry.

A lot of fun again this morning! Definitely took more time to warm up after the race. Was able to stop for three pictures. Really wanted to stop for the old hag but she was going on a break as soon as I ran up. I can’t get over how much fun it is running through World Showcase! It’s been so much fun these past two mornings.

How does FOP show a 60 minute wait when the park isn't even open yet?!

I'm thinking of trying to get there first thing on Monday for stand by. It was a five hour wait yesterday at AK. FIVE HOURS!
You will need to get to Animal Kingdom between 45 minutes to an hour before park open, otherwise you will be waiting 60+ minutes

Does anyone know if there are marathon weekend jackets left? My small fits but would like it bigger. I am not sure if it’s worth the trip back to the expo. This is my first event. Kicking myself for just not going bigger... Thanks!
I just left the expo half hour ago and there was still a lot of merch and I saw several jackets but I didn't check them out too closely so I couldn't tell you the size.

We were in and out with bibs a merch in half an hour. It was getting busier as we left but if you have the time to get to wwos, I don't think it would take much time to exchange.

After driving up to Manchester at 3:00 AM, we told (with no notification) that our flight was cancelled. This was the flight we were changed to after our first flight was cancelled. Delta's got nothing else in the Northeast... even if we drove 6 hours. Driving to Orlando is no longer an option because of the time window. I'm now in recouping money mode.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great holiday. At least my son Ethan will make it as they managed to slip him onto a flight out of Boston tonight (he'll show up, sleep 2 hours, then run the half) and he'll stay with a friend.

Looking at the Dark Side Half now. I've never run anything other than Marathon weekend. Probably get some sleep as well. Between the digging out of the snow and trying to get on a plane, I was up all night last night.

Cheers!
What. This calls for a social media barrage on the airline.

Saw you! Thank you for getting out this morning! I was on the other side of the boardwalk and couldn’t get over. Also I don’t drink beer. And I like bananas. Am I even allowed on here anymore??

Nope. Turn in your membership card. ;)

Sorry you can’t make it :(

Cheers!
I’m so sorry!! :worried:

My husband has decided that he wants ChEAR squad...does anybody know if it can even be purchased anymore, maybe at the Expo? Registration is closed online for sure.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but do we know yet what characters will be out for the full?

Aside from the free entries for the perfect marathoners I heard they assured Disneyland races would be coming back.

AND they teased that there would be runs at all of their properties worldwide!!!

Quick merch question for anybody there. I've seen pics of the character running outfits and those skirts are too cute. Do they have shorts underneath? Pockets? I'm guessing they'll have some at Princess next month but I'm impatient and want to know now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter