Marathon Weekend 2018

Can someone refresh my (really lousy) memory?
What's the oldest race we'll be able to use as POT for 2018? Any idea of when the deadline for POT ends?
Yeah, so I haven't taken a race seriously since 2014 and am just now realizing how this might be a problem...
2 years from date of race. Deadline, I believe was the first week of October?

Thanks.
Looks like it's time to check the race calendar for a fast half and actually (ugh) train for it.

Can someone refresh my (really lousy) memory?
What's the oldest race we'll be able to use as POT for 2018? Any idea of when the deadline for POT ends?
Yeah, so I haven't taken a race seriously since 2014 and am just now realizing how this might be a problem...

Agree that 2014 will be too old. I used one from November of 2015 for Tinkerbell, but it will soon be too old to use for any other races. It's basically a constantly moving target depending on the race you are doing. You should be able to find it under runner information for the specific race you are looking for on the runDisney site.

I think I remember you sharing that your mom was 60? I hope we all can be basking in the glow of completing a marathon and contemplating Dopey at 60! I am sure she will accomplish what ever she sets her mind to being related to you and all!

Boy....this made me laugh. I'm 58 and only 80+ sounds old to me. Took me to the year I turned 50 to even start running. :)

Boy....this made me laugh. I'm 58 and only 80+ sounds old to me. Took me to the year I turned 50 to even start running. :)

Ditto on this! The good thing about being 58 [last year] is that our age matches the year [last 2 digits] we were born! A once in a lifetime event.

Last edited:

Ditto on this! The good thing about being 58 [last year] is that our age matches the year [last 2 digits] we were born! A once in a lifetime event.

I didn't start running till I turned 50 as well. That was 6 years ago. Just goes to show you are never too old to start running.

It sold out in minutes last year. Very few individual registrations and high demand make for a bad mix with the 5K and 10K.

Thanks for the heads up! We went ahead and booked with Acclaim. I am a Teacher and may not be able to be on my computer when the registration goes live.

Hi, i have been lurking on these boards for a while. This past Disney Marathon was my first Marathon. My wife was supposed to do the half, but we know how that ended. She differing to next years, so I have decided to run the full again. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Hotel and really enjoyed it. Next year we will be bringing our sons with us. They will be 13 and 15 at the time of the race. We are looking at getting adjoining rooms at one of the All Star Hotels. During the race weekend does each of the All Star hotels have their own bus, or do they share?

thanks

Hi, i have been lurking on these boards for a while. This past Disney Marathon was my first Marathon. My wife was supposed to do the half, but we know how that ended. She differing to next years, so I have decided to run the full again. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Hotel and really enjoyed it. Next year we will be bringing our sons with us. They will be 13 and 15 at the time of the race. We are looking at getting adjoining rooms at one of the All Star Hotels. During the race weekend does each of the All Star hotels have their own bus, or do they share?

thanks

I would say usually on the way TO the races, they usually have their own buses. I think one trip to the expo that I went on, they stopped at each resort. After the races and on the way back from the expo, they share - so they stop at each All-Star. Sports is usually the first stop.

During the race weekend does each of the All Star hotels have their own bus, or do they share?
We've stayed at Sports for the marathon weekend '16 & Wine & Dine '16. The Expo bus picked up at the other 2 All-Stars after we were picked up first at Sports. For the 10k at Wine & Dine race morning we went to Music to pick up after us, and people piled on and stood but were too full to go to Movies. I was surprised we shared that morning, but all other race mornings we didn't stop at the others. On the way back like said above we always shared.

We've stayed at Sports for the marathon weekend '16 & Wine & Dine '16. The Expo bus picked up at the other 2 All-Stars after we were picked up first at Sports. For the 10k at Wine & Dine race morning we went to Music to pick up after us, and people piled on and stood but were too full to go to Movies. I was surprised we shared that morning, but all other race mornings we didn't stop at the others. On the way back like said above we always shared.
That's interesting! I also stayed at Sports and none of the race buses I was on stopped at the other resorts. I was always on one of the first buses, though. I wonder if that was the difference, or if you just had one of those bus drivers that didn't get good/clear directions on where to go? :confused3

That's interesting! I also stayed at Sports and none of the race buses I was on stopped at the other resorts. I was always on one of the first buses, though. I wonder if that was the difference, or if you just had one of those bus drivers that didn't get good/clear directions on where to go? :confused3
Yeah I thought it was strange we picked up at Music too especially since they almost all had to stand, (it was a regular charter not one of those double longs with mostly standing room like we had for the marathon in '16). We caught the bus at 3:30/3:35am for the 10k so not the first bus. So, then for the half the next day we were going to meet my brother at music since he was over there, but after seeing that for the 10k we said you just meet us at Sports since I don't want to get stuck standing, but then we didn't pick up there, just headed straight out.

If you participated in 2017, check your email. I just received a link for early registration!

I got it and wish I'd waited on the TA registration now. Who knew, though? Hopefully the TA will have decent prices on resorts since I'll need one anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter