Marathon Weekend 2018

What is your favorite bar/lounge/adult space on property?

I like Alcohol...(If you've ever read my trip reports or dining reports you would agree!)

I have lots of favorites...

Mizner's - Best Manhattans on property and the bar I feel most at 'home' at - I've spent many hours talking to the main bartender there and I just love her! She recognizes me as well and that just helps it feel special. When a bartender makes you laugh so hard you cry, it becomes a special place. She was also there when my best friend and I were there a part of a Disney Wedding that became the biggest cluster ever and saw the aftermath of it.

Trader Sam's Grog Grotto - This is just a fun place - I like rum cocktails and boy do they have plenty!

La Cava - Tequila + Quesa = Love

Hanger Bar - I love the subtle nods to Indiana Jones and the cocktails sure are tasty!

And I asked my husband what his favorite bar was since you know he's the one actually participating...

Rose & Crown Pub - "They have cider that isn't Angry Orchard on tap!"

Well, we decided to go a different route for the 2018 Marathon weekend. The entire group, including me, will be running the half marathon. We all registered today. But the group wants to do a lot of other things together during the trip that precludes me from doing the Dopey, so the Dopey is out. My older son is also going to be running the half with us. He really like this running group, and has been having a lot of fun on the training runs.

We don't really do bars but we do love the Italian Margarita from the gelato stand in Italy. We usually drink them while walking "around the world." :)

My thoughts exactly. Not much of a drinker, but I love the Italian Margaritas there and in Tutto Italia.

I think I'm going to go for Animal Kingdom - Jambo House - Value or Standard Room when 11 months open up.

We have this for Princess Half Marathon next month and I think it'll be great! So close to Sanaa for pre-race meals :)

I think we've secured a rental for Villas at the Grand Floridian. Our trip for December will be a little weird in that we'll go December 23-January 8. Spending 1.5 weeks off property then moving on property for a pure hotel only stay!

I know the link is already out for the 2018 marathon weekend registration, but for those of you wondering or waiting here are the early registration dates/times for DVC members.

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: January 3–7, 2018

Early Registration Starts: Thursday, February 9, 2017 at noon Eastern Time / 9:00 AM Pacific Time

Early Registration Ends: Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time / 5:00 PM Pacific Time

We have this for Princess Half Marathon next month and I think it'll be great! So close to Sanaa for pre-race meals :)

I think we've secured a rental for Villas at the Grand Floridian. Our trip for December will be a little weird in that we'll go December 23-January 8. Spending 1.5 weeks off property then moving on property for a pure hotel only stay!

We stayed at Animal Kingdom in a 1 Bedroom Savannah View last year for Princess (we originally had booked a standard view studio but they went down for refurb and they upgraded us for free so we gladly took it).

The buses worked out well as well! We're going to do Sanaa as a post race meal so we can eat all the food.

We did Grand Floridian at Dark Side...I had a panic attack the morning of the half marathon because the monorail wasn't running because of technical difficulties and it made the morning start off really rough! After that - no more monorail resorts for races that start at EPCOT for me - the ease of the monorail wasn't worth the panic attack! (The monorail needs some major refurbishment in this engineer's opinion) We are staying there this year again at Dark Side but thats because it starts off Floridian Way and worst case, we can walk that!

We did Grand Floridian at Dark Side...I had a panic attack the morning of the half marathon because the monorail wasn't running because of technical difficulties and it made the morning start off really rough! After that - no more monorail resorts for races that start at EPCOT for me - the ease of the monorail wasn't worth the panic attack!

Any buses run from Grand Floridian? Now I'm a bit worried!

Any buses run from Grand Floridian? Now I'm a bit worried!

They started 35 minutes late - which just gave me panic attacks! The buses run for the 10K and 5K. They weren't running for the half marathon. Not sure if Disney learned their lesson from that race or not though. They very well could have as backup options may always been needed!

Today's Disney question I am sure will be a popular one.

WDW faves in no particular order:

La Cava
Trader Sam's
Brown Derby Patio (Grapefruit Cake Martini!)
Nomad Lounge
Wave Bar
Mizner's

I'm in! Don't know if I should do a happy dance or a "oh **** what have I done" dance... either way this is officially happening!

In other news La Cava is definitely a favorite, although Nomads Lounge is quickly rising to the top as well!

Without going into technical details, if RunDisney doesn't use a dedicated server for email capacity, after x-number of bulk emails are sent out, mail domains will immediately blacklist email delivery and won't allow the same email to be sent to any more email addresses in that bulk send.

Basically, when people don't get emails from RunDisney, it's because GMail/Hotmail/Yahoo have blocked that email going to the remaining recipients because it's viewed as Spam thanks to taking the cheap way out on digital marketing.
Thank you @Keels! I know this, but could not for the life of me get it into any wording that would make sense to non-bulk emailers, lol!

Oooh, I can't pick only one!
In no particular order: Belle Vue Lounge at BW, Outer Rim at CR, Martha's Vineyard at BC, Mizner's at GF. And once upon a time, the Adventurers Club, may it RIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter