• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

I'm still torn - a strict rule follower as well. But, the fact that you can google it means people could stumble upon it, and I am a past participant just from the wrong year. Sigh... rules are hard :P

I threw caution to the wind and decided to sign up. If I get kicked out, I'll sign up through RawThreads and they can have my money again.

I really don't understand the theory behind kicking people out of the queue that registered. I would think they'd want our money but who knows. Charge me the extra $10 and call it even. I just to run and enjoy the race!

Got the email link, opened it to look at the options (can't afford to register yet, still paying off W&D, Christmas, Dopey, Light Side...), and I don't see an option for the standard VIP Race Retreat, just the Runner's World VIP Retreat. Anyone else looking for the VIP? Am I just missing it? Guess it will be offered as an add on after early registrations...

I love the covered place to sit, pre-race food, and post race hot meal, but the Runner's World VIP is $1,150 per person! That's crazy, in my budgeting mind! The VIP Race Retreat Package is only an additional $230, making Dopey with VIP "only" $790.:crazy2: The 25th Anniversary Marathon Finisher jacket is tempting, but worth an extra $360?:scared: The other perks really mean nothing to me (I'm not that serious of a runner). Why does rD make me think so hard?!:badpc:

Oh jeez, I just got an email from runDisney...

The "Thank you for participating" in the Light Side provided a link for early registration for the 2018 race. Guess this past participant link is going to be a new runDisney thing. 365 day registrations for all races...

I think I'm going through a TA but if I hadn't already made contact and got my name on some bibs, I'd sign up. I think worse case scenario is they kick you out. I don't see any type of band. You would think they would have attached a ONE time use unique code to each email, then again, that would have taken a lot of work or let's say more work. But my question or curiousity is how many spots are they allowing to be filled through the link? There has to be some limit as to not have it sold out before it 'officially' opens for general registration. Anyone heard anything about numbers?

Got the email link, opened it to look at the options (can't afford to register yet, still paying off W&D, Christmas, Dopey, Light Side...), and I don't see an option for the standard VIP Race Retreat, just the Runner's World VIP Retreat. Anyone else looking for the VIP? Am I just missing it? Guess it will be offered as an add on after early registrations...

I love the covered place to sit, pre-race food, and post race hot meal, but the Runner's World VIP is $1,150 per person! That's crazy, in my budgeting mind! The VIP Race Retreat Package is only an additional $230, making Dopey with VIP "only" $790.:crazy2: The 25th Anniversary Marathon Finisher jacket is tempting, but worth an extra $360?:scared: The other perks really mean nothing to me (I'm not that serious of a runner). Why does rD make me think so hard?!:badpc:

Is there a link to the 25th jacket? Thanks.

I've run WDW Marathon Weekend races in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2011, but not 2017.

I plan on doing the Dopey in 2018, but I'm holding out for the 'real' link on Feb 14th. If I don't get in (because everyone else has used the early link!), I'll go through a TA or do without.

I've been telling myself I want to hold off a little longer before registering for the marathon, to make sure I really want to run it next year, see how my schedule for the year pans out. But the early access link is just sitting in front of me like the jolly, candy-like button from Ren & Stimpy! I don't think I can hold out much longer.

Does anyone think there is the chance of this selling out before early or general registration? It seems so many people have the link and are doing it early. I am still undecided on my races, and want to hold off at least until early registration, but I am getting nervous seeing how many people are registering early.

Does anyone think there is the chance of this selling out before early or general registration? It seems so many people have the link and are doing it early. I am still undecided on my races, and want to hold off at least until early registration, but I am getting nervous seeing how many people are registering early.

No chance at all. Disney will limit the spots in the early registration to give the running community at large (or at least those parts of the community who don't think Disney races are beneath them) the opportunity to enter.

No chance at all. Disney will limit the spots in the early registration to give the running community at large (or at least those parts of the community who don't think Disney races are beneath them) the opportunity to enter.

Agree 100%

Ok, good. That's what I normally would have thought, but my fear was since all the 2017 people in the half, goofy or dopey didn't get what they paid for, they'd leave it open to a far larger number this year. I recall one year where a race sold out in early registration because rD sold out. I think it was a 10k, so that was in the back of my mind.

I'll be ready at noon on the 9th:) For what, still not sure. But FYI, I have decided on MDI Marathon for October. Thanks for reminding me about it, I looked at it last year, but chose MCM instead and then forgot all about it. Deferred MCM due to injury, but it is a different weekend this year and I can't do it due to my husbands board meeting, so needed a new fall marathon. So MDI will be my first full!

Agree 100%

Agreed. But will definitely be interesting to see how quickly it goes with so many spots being filled beforehand. I think they may have increased numbers because of it being the 25th, but still a lot of slots have been taken.

How bout the price. That was a running joke, Disney races will never go down or even stay the same. Well, Merry Christmas!

IMO, the question should be focused on how many spots will remain for the general public, and I think that the number will be very low for the popular races. That makes it hyper critical that folks be at their keyboards ready to click when this goes live.

IMO, the question should be focused on how many spots will remain for the general public, and I think that the number will be very low for the popular races. That makes it hyper critical that folks be at their keyboards ready to click when this goes live.
I'm pretty confident that I am speedy enough on the computer to get in on the day of general reg.. but all of this temptation makes it hard to wait... and more nerve wracking deciding to wait...

The kids school calendar has been released for 17-18 school year, and they don't start back up until Jan 8th.....so Dopey 2018 just became much more likely!

I have been tempted to register by the past participant link, but might wait until Monday until I pull the trigger.

Has anyone stayed at UO resorts before for marathon weekend? Curious to see how early I need to book rooms there compared to Disney resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter