• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

How did you know I registered this morning? Wow!!! :)

:banana:party::woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

Now that we got the hard part done (registering), what's the goal?

That's the one! I have family up there, so I have a place to crash and I've heard it's a pretty easy course. I was going to check and see if you were planning on doing it.

It's a well done marathon. High school for the start (so real bathrooms in addition to porta), weather is much more likely in the optimal range than not based on years of data, course is a net downhill but doesn't beat your legs up because it's gradual, and about 2000 other runners so enough to have Pac-Mans but not too much to have to weave. Only negatives are a hill climb around mile 21 (not when I'd like to be doing that) and it has spectators but not like a major marathon. Hoping to break 3 hours and qualify for Boston this year.

:banana:party::woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

Now that we got the hard part done (registering), what's the goal?

It's a well done marathon. High school for the start (so real bathrooms in addition to porta), weather is much more likely in the optimal range than not based on years of data, course is a net downhill but doesn't beat your legs up because it's gradual, and about 2000 other runners so enough to have Pac-Mans but not too much to have to weave. Only negatives are a hill climb around mile 21 (not when I'd like to be doing that) and it has spectators but not like a major marathon. Hoping to break 3 hours and qualify for Boston this year.

Sounds good! I haven't signed up yet. I'll be waiting until mid-summer and seeing how my legs hold up to more miles, but I'll be on the look out for you if I make it up there.

How did you know I registered this morning? Wow!!! :)

I was going to check and see if you were planning on doing it.

I'm registered to start out with you all; however, I will make a left turn somewhere around mile 11 to finish the half marathon and drink all the beer before you marathoners get to the finish!

As always Sunday's are for Disney. Today's question...

When at Disney do you have any traditions that you do every trip?

Congrats on finishing school for the summer @rteetz!

My WDW tradition is breakfast at Kona Cafe. On more recent trips, it's how I have started the morning on the first full park day. It's great to get an early reservation and then ride the monorail to MK, and enjoy the park near opening time. I tend to also have an early fastpass for Peter Pan's Flight as my first park ride.

Does anyone know when RunDisney releases their training plans on the website? Thanks!

We don't have any more traditions...we used to get ice cream for dinner the first night at Ghiradelli but somehow that stopped. Probably because we've been too many times...agreed with the above #firstworldproblems

Sounds good! I haven't signed up yet. I'll be waiting until mid-summer and seeing how my legs hold up to more miles, but I'll be on the look out for you if I make it up there.

Another beauty of this race: race registration fees never go up the closer to race day. It's always $80 for a well run marathon. Let me know if you want any help setting up a training plan.

I'm registered to start out with you all; however, I will make a left turn somewhere around mile 11 to finish the half marathon and drink all the beer before you marathoners get to the finish!

How exciting! I'm guessing as a last long training run for the Milwaukee Half Marathon 2 weeks later? Sounds like I'll have to get my spectating party to drink all the beer before you make it to 11 miles then!

Another beauty of this race: race registration fees never go up the closer to race day. It's always $80 for a well run marathon. Let me know if you want any help setting up a training plan.

How exciting! I'm guessing as a last long training run for the Milwaukee Half Marathon 2 weeks later? Sounds like I'll have to get my spectating party to drink all the beer before you make it to 11 miles then!

Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know.

Okay, I'm officially an idiot. I completely thought we were talking about the Milwaukee Marathon weekend, but now that I reread, I have no idea what I was thinking. Anyway, I guess I will just see you two weeks later in Milwaukee.

Okay, I'm officially an idiot. I completely thought we were talking about the Milwaukee Marathon weekend, but now that I reread, I have no idea what I was thinking. Anyway, I guess I will just see you two weeks later in Milwaukee.

Ahh that makes sense. Well I guess the roles are reversed then, as I'll finish my 10k with @roxymama and make sure we (well excluding me) drink all the beer before you finish!

I'm going to sew my tank and skort so I was just thinking that same thought, sew it this summer so I can actually test it out when it's not cold, then add embellishments/paint later.

Do you use a pattern for the skort? I would like to get a sparkle skirt but can't justify the cost right now so I was thinking I might try to sew something up.

Do you use a pattern for the skort? I would like to get a sparkle skirt but can't justify the cost right now so I was thinking I might try to sew something up.
Yes, I have a pattern (Kwik Sew K4113). I just wore 2 that I sewed for the 5k & half Darkside races. The pattern included the shorts & skirt so just one waist band. But you could also just do the skirt part, it had a few styles to pick from. I added pockets to the shorts (like how my skirt sports skorts do pockets, nothing fancy). It was actually pretty simple (& I'm no seamstress for sure), the trick was getting the shorts the length and tightness I needed as the pattern had the shorts shorter than I like. Go for it, it's fun.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Hope you had a great week! I am finally done with school for the year.

As always Sunday's are for Disney. Today's question...

When at Disney do you have any traditions that you do every trip?

My answer: I don't really have any specific traditions but I always get one of those decorated candy apples. I'll cut it up and eat it over a couple days since it's too much to eat in one sitting.

I'm a day late due to a busy Mother's Day, on that note Happy Mother's Day (late) to those on the DIS boards! Congrats @rteetz on finishing up your first year balancing school and life is not easy. As traditions go we don't really have any however we have been doing Hoop Dee Doo Revue just about every trip so I think it IS becoming a tradition, we've already decided we are doing it again in January for Marathon weekend. Have a great week everyone!

I don't think we have any specific thing that we have to do each time... we do have a tradition of buying at least 1 blind box vinylmation to open when we get home. And like baxter24 said, we try to do something new on each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter