Marathon Weekend 2018

I have a question to all. First time running is a Disney event will be in April at the dark half. After the race do any of you wear your medals around the park at all? If so, do any of the cast members or other people in the park say anything?

absolutely you should - lots of people do. Not just the parks but outside in Downton Disney (NOT Disney Springs) and even on your way home at the airport. And absolutely the cast members will comment on it.

Be proud of what you accomplished and wear that medal.

Having the other side of the medal makes me feel better. I will say it's a bit interesting that's it's just a track version of Mickey's shoe. I expected Mickey struggling through training.
Me too! Just projecting about myself I guess... but still that's a great, appropriate quote and I love it.

For anyone still on the fence about the weekend and 25th anniversary, Acclaim Travel is selling bibs for $75 when purchased with a 3 day Value Resort and ticket reservation.

Happy Sunday!

Today’s Sundays are for Disney question:

Halloween is approaching quickly.

What Disney related Halloween costume would you wear?

My answer: I’ve been Donald Duck and jack sparrow in the past. I think I’d want to be something from Star Wars since I’ve never done that before.

Happy Sunday!

Today’s Sundays are for Disney question:

Halloween is approaching quickly.

My answer: I’ve been Donald Duck and jack sparrow in the past. I think I’d want to be something from Star Wars since I’ve never done that before.

Easy: Belle.....errr, I mean Beast

1. Hawkeye (Marvel is owned by Disney, so I'm counting it!)
2. Buzz Lightyear (If I had the skills/resources to make a really cool costume)
3. Mr. Incredible

After completing my first marathon (Disney 2015) I wore my medal in the parks for three straight days. I wasn't the only one.

It's not just cast members who say something. Other runners will congratulate you as well.
Yep, I was one of those too wearing mine for a few days after too, makes for great photo ops! I love seeing everyone wearing them too to give congrats! Also, to add, we've had people that didn't know about the races ask about them so it was fun to educate them on RunDisney.

I was Dumbo when I was little & my mom made it like all my costumes so I guess Dumbo would be fun (like full out trunk and all) or I loved picking out cosutmes with big dresses when I was little too, so then I would go with Belle & her big poofy yellow dress!

So, less then 3 months now to go!!! Keep up the training everyone, hope it's going well for all! We just had a rainy/stormy/foggy week (today was near perfect though) and then Tuesdays high is 47, ack I like Fall temps but that is just nuts!

Does anyone know if there are travel agents or places to book just rooms for Marathon weekend? I'm still interested in registering for the marathon since it's still open through RunDisney and the medal is screaming at me but there are not rooms available (at least not at value resorts - no way I'm paying the prices for the rooms at some of the other places). If it absolutely came to it I could probably do a whole package through a travel agent but I'd prefer not to since I don't need a ticket (I have an Annual Pass until April).

Does anyone know if there are travel agents or places to book just rooms for Marathon weekend? I'm still interested in registering for the marathon since it's still open through RunDisney and the medal is screaming at me but there are not rooms available (at least not at value resorts - no way I'm paying the prices for the rooms at some of the other places). If it absolutely came to it I could probably do a whole package through a travel agent but I'd prefer not to since I don't need a ticket (I have an Annual Pass until April).

https://www.gomagicalmiles.com/

Sarah at Magical Miles (sarah@parkandpreston.com) will likely be able to help you.

I use MEI Mousefan Travel. They do group rates for room only reservations.

And another change - although I love AKL and got a great rate, all agreed that I should stalk WL even though the price point is higher and the discount is minimal. We just stayed at AKL in August so a change of scenery and dining options will be nice. So we're arriving after midnight on Thursday, staying arrival night at Pop and then over to WL for four nights. On Tuesday, I made and cancelled a bunch of other reservations and Disney has not yet refunded my deposits. I always change reservations rather than cancel and rebook, but I cancelled this time because the phones were so busy on Tuesday (and I seem to never have any luck with an operational "change" button on the website.) So I'm not sure if the delay in refund is unusual. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to work out whether to purchase the Race Retreat package but there is one person in our party who is just running the 10k. I thought I would get the Cheer Squad package for him but wasn't sure if he would then have to loiter for an hour while the rest of us get our bibs and stuff at the Expo. @pixarmom from what you were saying do you think he might be able to rock up to the 10k bib pickup early without anyone checking? Thanks

This is what we were able to do last year, so I think the answer is a solid "maybe!" Hard to say how they will change from year to year. I figured we had a good chance of picking up mateojr's 5K bib the morning of race retreat early entry, but I didn't count on it and tried to prepare him for the chance that we'd need to wait. Good luck!!

SQOTD: Pretty sure when I was a kid my mom dressed me as Minnie herself. I was Saddness a couple years ago.

Jim Stone (Acclaim) emailed today that he's selling Marathon bibs for $75 if you book three nights at Pop Century ($145/night) with a 3-day ticket ... but usually the ticket can be waived if you have an AP since these packages are booked through RunDisney/Disney Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter