Marathon Weekend 2018

Did anyone run with the Galloway pacers last year during the full or have information on the Galloway pacers for the full and their strategy?

I'm curious as to how I can stick with the 5:30ish pacers (5:25?) since I should be in that corral or close to it. I wanted to know what intervals they ran and what their estimated pace per mile would be.

Anyone point me in the right direction? :)

Did anyone run with the Galloway pacers last year during the full or have information on the Galloway pacers for the full and their strategy?

I'm curious as to how I can stick with the 5:30ish pacers (5:25?) since I should be in that corral or close to it. I wanted to know what intervals they ran and what their estimated pace per mile would be.

Anyone point me in the right direction? :)
Here's 2017 galloway pace groups
15826642_10108851597419663_1263704825544909254_n.jpg

I love that 5:15 pacer; that's about right where I should be on a flat course and what I'm going to continue to train for in the remaining weeks.

Thank you so much @cavepig :lovestruc

I love that 5:15 pacer; that's about right where I should be on a flat course and what I'm going to continue to train for in the remaining weeks.

Thank you so much @cavepig :lovestruc
No problem! I've been thinking about pacing as well & I have like 50 ideas of how I want to run it. I do know I want to stop for short character lines but I'm just not sure what my time goal is yet, be ambitious or not, I just don't know what to do.

No problem! I've been thinking about pacing as well & I have like 50 ideas of how I want to run it. I do know I want to stop for short character lines but I'm just not sure what my time goal is yet, be ambitious or not, I just don't know what to do.

I changed my mind again this week. Nerf the 5k, 10k and HM with slow walking times and PR the full is a front running strategy. I just have to beat 5:31

I want to take pics during the first three races and really enjoy the full for a run.

Speaking of FP+....

I have a split hotel stay, with one night on January 2, and the rest of the nights at a different resort. Tomorrow is the first day I can make FP for Jan 2. Can I make FP+ for the rest of my trip tomorrow, or will I only be able to book for January 2, and then have to make the rest of the FP on Saturday?

We hit our 60 day mark today. FYI, at midnight (ET) the website showed I had 60 days to go, but the calendar still only let me select FP 30 days out. When I woke up this morning, my entire stay was available for FP booking. However, we're not split stay, so not sure how that affects things, if at all.

NB shoes are buy one get one 50% at the expo this weekend. Rumors continue to fly they won’t be back next year.
It's interesting. I wonder what the catalyst for the split is. NB took over sponsorship of the NY Marathon from Asics, so they still seem fully invested in sponsoring races.

NB shoes are buy one get one 50% at the expo this weekend. Rumors continue to fly they won’t be back next year.

Heinous. I hope that’s not true. I regret not getting a pair this year and hope to remedy that in ‘19.

NB is also advertising the return of their Beauty and the Beast collection. It gives me a small glimmer of hope that maybe the Sorceror Mickey shoes could make a comeback one day.

I heard back during the summer that RunDisney was not renewing it's contract with New Balance, so this isn't surprising.

This wouldn't surprise me since they'd only have Florida races to sell at. This year's shoes are also just arrived at the New Balance Outlet. $99.95, currently buy 2 get 1 free.

This wouldn't surprise me since they'd only have Florida races to sell at. This year's shoes are also just arrived at the New Balance Outlet. $99.95, currently buy 2 get 1 free.

Do you have a website for the NB outlet? I might see if they have any rD shoes in my size.

8 days of FP+ booked! Twice as long as my typical Disney trip - felt like I was booking a million of them. Managed to score FoP on our second AK day (day 4 overall). Had to rearrange my plans for the day a little bit. Was going to do AK first then Disney Springs later but had to flip them since first available FoP was 4:10. Disney Springs will be nice and peaceful at 10 am! Haha. Now just need to convince my mother that she can handle FoP!

Can’t believe we are only 9 weeks from the 10K!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter