Marathon Weekend 2018

FT Wilderness in our hybrid pop up camper. Well so far we only have dates until the 4th so no FP for us but should be able to pick up the last few days last minute. Excited to spend New Years until the Monday after at the Fort!

Awesome! Oh, how I would love mid-70s, sounds glorious! It's been high30s/40s running so I can't complain but we'll be hitting teens/low20s this week when I run & windy of course & the thought of 70s sounds wonderful.

I’m in California and don’t understand weather. What’s 30 degrees? Weather can go below freezing? Yikes. :sad:

In all seriousness, I wish you warmer temps and luck running in cold.

Posted on social media by rundisney in case you didn’t see it View attachment 286428

:love::love:
I would love that to be a design to be on merch expo. The throw back looks great.

Pop Century for me. I’ve stayed in several places for marathon weekend, and I keep returning to Pop because in my opinion, it has the best event bus system: one central stop, next door to the expo, and only sharing with AoA, as well as very frequent dedicated buses on race morning. Staying in an Epcot area resort was a nightmare.

POP century again. This will be the 5th POP marathon stay for me. hoping for new remodeled room like I had for wine and dine weekend.
Have stayed at the Contemporary (garden buildings) and Coronado but keep coming back to POP.
Love the make your own pasta at Art of Animation just a short walk across the bridge away.

Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?
PoP (first time) for me!! Thanks to @hotblooded for posting the positive review. I'm hoping for a renovated room, I usually stay Deluxe so I'm a little anxious, but know I will love the refurb rooms :)

I would love that to be a design to be on merch expo. The throw back looks great.
I love that you said that, I'm genuinely replying just to show how different people are, because I do NOT want that to be the shirt design. LOL! It just goes to show that you can't please everybody. I'm really hoping for Classic solid colours.

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great week!

Today’s Sundays are for Disney question:

Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?

My answer: Bay Lake Tower. It’s my first time there or at an MK resort in general so I’m incredibly excited for that.
Contemporary in a garden wing room. We might see you on the monorail....

[

PoP (first time) for me!! Thanks to @hotblooded for posting the positive review. I'm hoping for a renovated room, I usually stay Deluxe so I'm a little anxious, but know I will love the refurb rooms :)

I love that you said that, I'm genuinely replying just to show how different people are, because I do NOT want that to be the shirt design. LOL! It just goes to show that you can't please everybody. I'm really hoping for Classic solid colours.
Do not be anxious. Stayed there for Dark Side this year and it was great. Best bu s service for any Rundisney event. Proximity to art of animations pasta bar was also wonderful.

As to the question of the day... we are staying Boardwalk Villas this time. I try to stretch those DVC points as far as possible. Lol. My husband and older son will be with me so I'm happy we have the one bedroom villa. I'm doing dopey so it will be nice to retire early and for them to have their own space to stay up late.

Another Marathon Weekend with the Fun Bunch at Beach Club Villas! Though, our group is spread out this time around - Boardwalk Villas, BLT, Poly and Coronado Springs ... but it will be fun to visit each other at different hotels!

Me too! We got a group deal through our travel agent! I'll try to keep it down in case you are our neighbor...

We did as well. We've been alternating between there and the Poly for the past couple marathon weekends. Walking up the ramp to the monorail is hard and then transferring monorails on Marathon morning can be tough.

I'll be running with the:
3 Caballeros on Thursday. (I'm Panchito)
Toy Story Characters on Friday (I'm woody)
Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tinkerbell on Saturday ( I'm Pann)
Dapper Dans and the Mayor on Sunday (I'm the blue Dan)

We did as well. We've been alternating between there and the Poly for the past couple marathon weekends. Walking up the ramp to the monorail is hard and then transferring monorails on Marathon morning can be tough.

I'll be running with the:
3 Caballeros on Thursday. (I'm Panchito)
Toy Story Characters on Friday (I'm woody)
Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tinkerbell on Saturday ( I'm Pann)
Dapper Dans and the Mayor on Sunday (I'm the blue Dan)
We've been all over the map for Marathon Weekends: Sarasota Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, now here. Wilderness Lodge was the only one that was at all inconvenient and it wasn't bad.
You got all the good characters in your groups! I'd say look out for me but I look nothing like my avatar lol and I can't seem to settle on a costume.
Is everyone else settled on costumes by now?

Thinking about it now why hasn’t Disney done Dopey running shoes yet? I mean I would totally buy a pair.

I'm not sure these are even rundisney related...much like the belle ones from new balance. And they are available now but not sure if in the US now that I look closer into the links.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter