Marathon Weekend 2018

This is a solo trip for me, so I ended with 3 places for my 9 nights. Off-site, AS Movies, and finally Pop.

Now that corral information is on the horizon, I'm prepping the DIS List for everyone that runs during the weekend. I put together the list which includes all sorts of information that one may find helpful for the weekend including costumes, corrals, early/late arrivers, where you plan to line up, expected pace, estimated start time, estimated time to milestones (like Cinderella castle) and estimated finish time of day. In prep, I have two questions that will be helpful for coming up with the 2018 version:

1) If you ran Dopey in 2017, what was your 5k/10k corral and HM/M corral? I use this information to help determine 2018 Dopey Corral assignments into 5k/10k assignments which helps with my timing. While 2016 was not equal to 2017, it helps some to have 2017 official info. For example, I was in Corral B last year for the HM/M and Corral A for the 5k/10k.

2) If you ran either the 5k or 10k as a solo event in 2017 (not a Dopey bib), what was your estimated pace based on your registration (still available on Active.com by selecting "My Events" and "Past Events") and what corral were you assigned? I'm trying to see if I can find a correlation between Dopey bib assignments, the pace estimation of solo 5k/10k runners, and the final assignments for both.

While each year is individualistic based on the runners who have entered for that particular year, it should enable me to make relatively close guesses. Thank you in advance for your help.
I was in A for the 5k/10k and D for the HM/M.

I was just able to score a FP+ for Flight of Passage on our arrival day. YAY!! I'd been checking periodically with no luck and suddenly today, there was availability. So, I traded Navi River for that one.

Thanks for posting that! I checked just now and scored a Flight of Passage as well.

Magical Express Luggage Tags came today. It's getting real.

Thanks for posting that! I checked just now and scored a Flight of Passage as well.

I'm not sure what happened, but I was suddenly able to find lots of availability for things I couldn't adjust earlier. I was also able to move the time for my FoP later in the trip to a better time. They must have released a bunch or something.

Staying at SSR. It was all that was left by the time the 7-month window opened. We are new to DVC so we thought we'd be saving points by not booking the Poly (our home resort) and waiting to 7-month but all that was left were 1-bedroom's so we ended up using more! Oh well, I'm looking forward to having the washer/dryer & kitchen in the unit! We will miss the Poly though, it's my favorite!

Just got my tags too! Need to call for extras now.

Ooh think I’ll go check on FOP FPS too, thanks @ZellyB. I was able to get one for our first full day now so switched it fr M Navi too! Thank you!!!

My goal for the marathon is to cross the finish line with a beer in hand. :drinking1

That's easy to do. Grab one in Germany on your way around.

1) If you ran Dopey in 2017, what was your 5k/10k corral and HM/M corral? I use this information to help determine 2018 Dopey Corral assignments into 5k/10k assignments which helps with my timing. While 2016 was not equal to 2017, it helps some to have 2017 official info. For example, I was in Corral B last year for the HM/M and Corral A for the 5k/10k.

A and E

I was just able to score a FP+ for Flight of Passage on our arrival day. YAY!! I'd been checking periodically with no luck and suddenly today, there was availability. So, I traded Navi River for that one.

This prompted me to go in and now there are a bunch of FOP on Friday. Yeah! And I got 7DMT on Thursday.

Last edited:
The 2018 runDisney ornament is available online now. They should have them at the expo as well but in case you want it for Christmas. They should have a marathon weekend specific one at the expo as well.

View attachment 286754
It's so beautiful! I've passed on every ornament until now, but I can't wait to see this one on my tree next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter