Marathon Weekend 2018

I have not been on this thread in weeks and just paid the price! I saw everyone's messages from about a week ago about getting FOP Fast Passes and just tried (as I was unsuccessful when I first did fast pass back at the beginning of November) and no luck! That is what I get! :)

Our MME tickets arrived and even more exciting I just got notice that the family vacation shirts I ordered shipped out today. This will be a surprise for the family. We have never done the same shirt thing, figured it was time.

@rteetz and @DopeyBadger not sure if you are still looking for this info but figured I would share:

We are staying at Art of Animation
Last year I was in Corrall A for 5k/10K and Corrall D for the Full, bib number was 20928, I had used a 1:50 Half Marathon POT

Getting so excited about this trip!!!!! The 5K is four weeks from tomorrow morning!

So ... I still need to do another long run or two, probably need to mix in a simulation of some sort, need to pull all of my costume/outfits together and then pack up the house to leave for Florida next week ... BUT ...

At least Marathon Weekend shirts for my crew are all finished! Priorities, you know??

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

It doesn't always happen, though. I know a couple people who forgot to submit their required PoTs and were not placed in the last corral. But I think that's really the exception, not the norm. I'd anticipate being in the last and anything else will be a happy surprise! But FWIW, the last corral gets an unfair bad reputation, IMO. In any corral I've been in, there have been people faster than I, slower than I, and the same speed as I. No matter where you start, just go in with a good attitude, run your own race, be courteous, and you'll have fun!

Pure truth.

I have not been on this thread in weeks and just paid the price! I saw everyone's messages from about a week ago about getting FOP Fast Passes and just tried (as I was unsuccessful when I first did fast pass back at the beginning of November) and no luck! That is what I get! :)

DP finally got his ticket entered into MDE last night and I was able to book our FastPasses. We got two FoP days...(would have been three except I don't wanna do a 4pm fast pass with a 6:30 flight)

@PrincessV - Full disclosure - what I can't remember and fear that I omitted was entering the POT after that half was completed on 9/16. So I may be POT-less and if so I will need to apply all of @DopeyBadger recommendations to work this. The understanding being that POT-less folks are assigned to the last corral.
If you view your registration on Active it will show the time you entered (if any).

So ... I still need to do another long run or two, probably need to mix in a simulation of some sort, need to pull all of my costume/outfits together and then pack up the house to leave for Florida next week ... BUT ...

At least Marathon Weekend shirts for my crew are all finished! Priorities, you know??

View attachment 287316

View attachment 287317
I'm in love with that shirt. The 'except the start times' really sold it for me.

Wednesday mornings are for the bike trainer when I watch the Tuesday @DisUnplugged podcast...this week I got the lowdown on all the latest rumors from the Marathon Thread's @rteetz

IMG_3238.jpg

@PrincessV - Full disclosure - what I can't remember and fear that I omitted was entering the POT after that half was completed on 9/16. So I may be POT-less and if so I will need to apply all of @DopeyBadger recommendations to work this. The understanding being that POT-less folks are assigned to the last corral.
But if you entered an estimated finish time that does not require PoT, not entering PoT makes no difference. That's what I'm getting at - it all hinges on what you entered on your estimated finish time. Examples...

A. person A enters an estimated finish of 5:25:00 (marathon - I can't remember now if we're talking about the full or half!), which is a time that requires PoT. A fails to submit PoT and will be placed in the last corral.

B. person B enters an estimated finish of 5:50:00, which does not require PoT. B does not submit PoT, since it isn't required, and is placed in the 3rd-from-last corral because that is teh corral assigned to 5:50:00 finishers.

So whether or not your potential lack of PoT matters is totally dependent on what finish time you entered.

But if you entered an estimated finish time that does not require PoT, not entering PoT makes no difference. That's what I'm getting at - it all hinges on what you entered on your estimated finish time. Examples...

A. person A enters an estimated finish of 5:25:00 (marathon - I can't remember now if we're talking about the full or half!), which is a time that requires PoT. A fails to submit PoT and will be placed in the last corral.

B. person B enters an estimated finish of 5:50:00, which does not require PoT. B does not submit PoT, since it isn't required, and is placed in the 3rd-from-last corral because that is teh corral assigned to 5:50:00 finishers.

So whether or not your potential lack of PoT matters is totally dependent on what finish time you entered.
I'm wondering why Disney just automatically places people without PoT in the last corral. You would think they would place them in one of the first corrals that doesn't require PoT (the 5:30:00 corrals for example) for safety reasons. It would be dangerous to have all of these sub 4 hour marathoners in the last corral with a lot of walkers.

I'm wondering why Disney just automatically places people without PoT in the last corral. You would think they would place them in one of the first corrals that doesn't require PoT (the 5:30:00 corrals for example) for safety reasons. It would be dangerous to have all of these sub 4 hour marathoners in the last corral with a lot of walkers.
IDK this with any certainty but I would guess because people lie - a LOT of people lie. Requiring PoT for the early corrals is rD's way of trying to ensure the safety of those faster runners. But they need to penalize those who don't follow the requirements to make it work. They have a long history of races with an assortment of different finish time/corral breakdown/PoT requirement levels from which to draw info and develop new strategies. What they've been doing in recent years works much better than how they did it 5 years ago, so it works!

I don't think they do necessarily all get stuck in the last corral. It might just be runDisney urban legend that if you put in a non-PoT substantiated time you are immediately relegated to the last corral. I mean, it's possible they are doing this, but I'm more inclined to think you'll be somewhat randomly stuck somewhere within the corrals that don't require PoT. I'm not sure anybody here has enough data points to know for sure where you will end up, so it will be interesting to see where you land when the bibs come out. I think runDisney is deliberately vague about how they seed people without PoT, so it's all a bit of a mystery. I honestly can't recall the language when you register surrounding PoT, but I was thinking it said more like you "could" be placed in the last corral without PoT. Anyway, there's probably not much point in worrying about it now. It's gonna be what it's gonna be and you can try an appeal to runner relations that may or may not work. As long as you are prepared for the potential of being in the last corral and create a mindset that you'll enjoy the race regardless of where you start, you'll be fine.

Completely off topic question. My DH just texted me that my puppy climbed up on my table and chewed up my magical express tag! Anyone know offhand if they will send me a new one and where to call to get one? Plus I had to go thru my DVC rental place to get the tags in the first place so do I have to go thru them again? Ugh!

Completely off topic question. My DH just texted me that my puppy climbed up on my table and chewed up my magical express tag! Anyone know offhand if they will send me a new one and where to call to get one? Plus I had to go thru my DVC rental place to get the tags in the first place so do I have to go thru them again? Ugh!
Do you still have your letter/ticket to get on the ME bus? If so, the number to request additional tags is on it. It was also on the luggage tag. I’m pretty sure the number to change flight info and request more tags were the same.

If you don’t, let me know and I’ll look for it when I get home. I rented DVC points, but I was able to call and request an additional tag (have not received it yet, but hopefully will soon), so I don’t think you will have to go through the DVC Rental place again.

On a separate note, I was able to run 3 miles this morning completely pain free. I’ll now shoot for 5 miles on Wednesday, along with some more miles on the stationary bike throughout the week. Hopefully I’m over whatever the issue was and I can get a good solid month of training in.

Was able to complete the 5 mile run last night, again with no pain in my leg. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow where we can hopefully formulate a training plan over the next few weeks that will allow me to at least finish the marathon. I've abandoned all hope of breaking the 5 hour mark and now just want to finish again.

Do you still have your letter/ticket to get on the ME bus? If so, the number to request additional tags is on it. It was also on the luggage tag. I’m pretty sure the number to change flight info and request more tags were the same.

If you don’t, let me know and I’ll look for it when I get home. I rented DVC points, but I was able to call and request an additional tag (have not received it yet, but hopefully will soon), so I don’t think you will have to go through the DVC Rental place again.
Awesome, thanks! I will check when I get home. He said she specifically chewed up the tags so I guess the letter is still intact, lol. I will text and ask him. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter