Marathon Weekend 2018

We will also be at SSR Dec. 31-Jan 7th. I'm not running, but DH, DS (16), and my mother are all doing the half. Younger DS and I will be doing ChEAR squad.

Rare snow day in south Louisiana for an easy 3 miles...Couldnt see much from all the snow going in my eyes but Im learning

24862115_1552839298138089_2658116485796461955_n.jpg

Just went to Walmart and spent an hour looking for throw away sweats... that may not even be used for our race weekend. :rotfl2:

I never shop here, but I was elated to find little kid gloves and hats that fit too - so $78 later I feel ready for the cold weather we may not even experience!!

If not for this race, I’m sure I’ll freeze at another race in the near future and use this stuff then. :thumbsup2

But let me tell you - everything was picked and chosen over. Yikes!

Just went to Walmart and spent an hour looking for throw away sweats... that may not even be used for our race weekend. :rotfl2:

I never shop here, but I was elated to find little kid gloves and hats that fit too - so $78 later I feel ready for the cold weather we may not even experience!!

If not for this race, I’m sure I’ll freeze at another race in the near future and use this stuff then. :thumbsup2

But let me tell you - everything was picked and chosen over. Yikes!

Glad I am not the only one. Although, I'm more concern with rain or hot weather so stocked up on that. I hope its in the 30-60s.

I don't know if it will be the same, but at W&D weekend they did not let anyone walk physically into the corrals until one hour prior to the race start. So even though lots of people arrived by bus already, everyone was just hanging around outside of them. Plenty of time to go to the bathroom multiple times without fear that everyone will get into the corral before you. It seems like this was maybe a change as they kept announcing it as something "new" for that race to "allow people to enjoy the pre-race area" or something. I can't remember if this was actually a new thing or not.

That is great to know. I am starting to think I'll be on the later end of things...get there before the race starts but not super early. Hopefully we will have perfect weather.

I've not done a runDisney race yet where they have the waves within the corrals. Is it just first in best dressed to determine who is in which wave? I'm not sure at 4am i can deal with people pushing and shoving to get a better spot...

I've not done a runDisney race yet where they have the waves within the corrals. Is it just first in best dressed to determine who is in which wave? I'm not sure at 4am i can deal with people pushing and shoving to get a better spot...

Nah - just get in your corral like normal. They'll stop the corral at specific points walking up and then will let you go like two minutes after the "wave" in front of you.

I've not done a runDisney race yet where they have the waves within the corrals. Is it just first in best dressed to determine who is in which wave?

This is so new -- even us old timers are guessing. I think eight corrals is enough to stratify us by time. I'll be interested to see how they subdivide the corrals (groups of 200?).

I don't like my odds if its a "best dressed" criteria ;) ;)

Shouldn't impact too much. People should still be able to spectate on Main Street.
I assumed that would be the case. Was more curious if there would be a spot on the plaza to spectate without going through security or right after security near the train station.

Glad I am not the only one. Although, I'm more concern with rain or hot weather so stocked up on that. I hope its in the 30-60s.
that's quiet the range of temps, 30 is too cold for me, would need extra cloths... but 60 is just right:)

I'll be interested to see how they subdivide the corrals (groups of 200?).
I bet it's way more than 200 especially as you get into like 5000 people per corral, considering they have had what 7000 in a corral at Dark Side.

Question about the memory maker. The MM only gives you the digital downloads. If you buy any of the other products like a print or any other photo products, is there a discount since you already bought the digital photos?

I’ll probably still buy the memory maker but I do like the printed photos with something noting the race on it like the stickers that you can add or the specific race borders etc.

Question about the memory maker. The MM only gives you the digital downloads. If you buy any of the other products like a print or any other photo products, is there a discount since you already bought the digital photos?

I’ll probably still buy the memory maker but I do like the printed photos with something noting the race on it like the stickers that you can add or the specific race borders etc.

I think I just found the answer to my question online. It does say discounts on prints of your photos. So that’s good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter