Marathon Weekend 2018

In the past WDW marathons I've run, I can only remember shedding clothes in 2010 (both half and full) and the 2017 marathon.
I try to wear the least amount possible, but this was ridiculously cold.

The other marathons were typically 60-65 degrees at the start.
It did get up to 84 degrees in 2007. A couple of others were warm too.

I was living in Florida in 2010 and the weather reports called the cold weekend more than 10 days out.
In fact, the weekend before was cold too. Not a good January.

Oh, and you Northerners who are saying the marathon wasn't "actually cold" last year...the first five miles beg to differ.
It looked like a Goodwill tractor-trailer had dropped its load all along the course, so please, give me a break!

In the past WDW marathons I've run, I can only remember shedding clothes in 2010 (both half and full) and the 2017 marathon.
I try to wear the least amount possible, but this was ridiculously cold.

The other marathons were typically 60-65 degrees at the start.
It did get up to 84 degrees in 2007. A couple of others were warm too.

I was living in Florida in 2010 and the weather reports called the cold weekend more than 10 days out.
In fact, the weekend before was cold too. Not a good January.

Oh, and you Northerners who are saying the marathon wasn't "actually cold" last year...the first five miles beg to differ.
It looked like a Goodwill tractor-trailer had dropped its load all along the course, so please, give me a break!

I remember it being kind of chilly in 2013. Not as cold as marathon day this year but I do remember wearing gloves at the start and wishing I had a beanie to my head warm.

Phew! That took a few days to catch up. The excitement here really helped to push me through my tempo run today, so thank you! It was very cold in PA, with snow on the ground and snow falling (again). I treated myself to a large hot chocolate afterward. :)

@OldSlowGoofyGuy thinking of you and your family!!

Marathon Weekend DIS List FORM
Race - 10K
Name (optional) - Michelle
DIS Name - sourire
Costume - Minnie inspired, maybe with black bottoms/red top?
Corral - E?
Planning to attend the Pre-race Meetup? - No
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Front preferred but not going to stress about it
Expected Pace - 13/mi + some character pics (b/c I've never done it yet!!! I'm so excited!!!)

Race - Marathon
Name (optional) - Michelle
DIS Name - sourire
Costume - ?
Corral - E (Hooray! This is right where I should be based on estimated finish time and POT submission.)
Planning to attend the Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Front preferred but not going to stress about it
Expected Pace - 12/mi

Come on, we've been running in 20-30 degree weather, won't 60's feel super hot?? Bring on the upper 40's!!!

I will go the other way. Bring on the 80's. When I train it is in the 80's and 90's. So lets have a hot year :-)

Marathon Weekend DIS List Form

Race - 5k
Name -Monica
DIS Name - mrsg00fy
Costume - weather appropriate clothing
Corral - C?
Planning to attend the Pre Race Meet-up - yes
Front, Middle or Back of the corral - back
Expected Pace - 13 minutes

Race - 10k
Name -Monica
DIS Name - mrsg00fy
Corral - C?
Expected Pace - 13 minutes

Race - Half Marathon
Name -Monica
DIS Name - mrsg00fy
Corral - E
Expected Pace - 15:30

Race - Marathon
Name -Monica
DIS Name - mrsg00fy
Corral - E
Expected Pace - 13:45

I feel like somehow I will be locating a Mickey Ice Cream Sammich at some park stop at some point. Just get me to the beeeeer. :drinking1:woohoo::banana:

I have a competition against myself to see how many Mickey Ice Cream Bars I can eat when we go to Disney, as I have yet to see them for sale outside the park. Part of it was started a few years ago when we had around a dozen snacks left over on a dining plan 2 days to go in our trip.

I'm from Canada and it definitely was cold! Thank goodness for all the tips I got from this board that I was somewhat prepared for different weather with throwaway clothes, gloves and ponchos. I still had to go out to buy an extra layer. I think half my suitcase will be running gear!

Marathon Weekend DIS List FORM
Race - Half
Name (optional) - Zach
DIS Name - NurseRunner
Costume - None
Corral - F
Planning to attend the Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Not really choosy, just kind of meander in and find a spot.
Expected Pace - 13:00-14:00 per mile. I averaged 13:20 my last half which was Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter