Marathon Weekend 2018

What if the game is on Sunday?

Unless the Saints have the noon game on Sunday Im planning on walking back through Epcot after the race to get to the Boardwalk and stopping for a few drinks along the way. So, I am torn.

Half of me wants to take my time getting back and enjoy some drinks but the other half doesnt want to worry about the full on Sunday with a Saints game on Saturday, because, well.....beer.

Sunday night we have an ADR for Hoop so logistically the best time for the game to be for me is noon but that sucks because, well.....beer.

giphy.gif

Life long Saints fan and I love this! We could really use Moore this season though! But it is a good problem when trying to fit in the Saints Game during Marathon Weekend (and it has been awhile).

A little late to the game but the hay is in the barn, as Coach Charles would say- 20 miler complete! Took what’s probably an unpopular approach and did it as a stand alone run/not part of a sim. I have been back to back running most of my long runs ala Goofy training so hopefully that’ll be decent prep. Weather was an unseasonable 50 degrees in CT today which was a nice treat!
Your comment prompted me to dig up some of Coaches post and start a thread with them.

You'll also see a fair number of people wearing day glo green shirts with W.I.S.H. on them. It's from the WISH forum on these boards, the predecessor to the runDisney forum.

I think I'll give my old WISH shirt to my ChEar-er.

Continuously late to the party, but in case anyone was curious there are definitely non-chocolate options for candy. Photopass captured this lovely photo of me shotgunning smarties as we came down Hollywood Boulevard.

View attachment 289461

When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last?
giphy.gif

When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last?
giphy.gif
I think you are thinking of the chocolate European Smarties that are sort of like M&Ms? There are US Smarties that are in a little roll that are basically pure sugar (non chocolate). They've become my drug, I mean fuel, of choice after mile 11 or so.

The Galloway Training Program pacers will be leading groups for the half and full Marathons this year. If you’d like to join us, look for the appropriate flag near the front of each corral. If you’d like to avoid us, keep in mind that most pace groups will be taking their walk breaks on the right-hand side of the course.

96E62705-C1E1-49C2-ABDB-AD5455B96535.png D1C802DE-690A-42E3-BBD2-932E7F98664D.png

You'll also see a fair number of people wearing day glo green shirts with W.I.S.H. on them. It's from the WISH forum on these boards, the predecessor to the runDisney forum.

I still have a W.I.S.H. bondiband headband somewhere.

I think that seems like an easy way to do it. Is there a specific hole we should use or different symbolism for different holes? I don't want to wind up starting some sort of gang war (like west side story but with more running and less snapping) because of an incorrectly placed ribbon.

So you're saying the official greeting ISN'T going to be.........*SNAP-SNAP-JAZZ HANDS-SPIRIT FINGERS-KICK-BALLCHANGE!!!!*:dancer::dance3::banana::cheer2::cool1:

Playlist? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

If I ever need a playlist to make it through a run, it's time to stop running. (spoken like the old ***** that I am)

Each (geezer) to their own ;)

Reminds me of my cousin... a very fast runner... veeery "old school" (I'm not sure he wears a Garmin).

The Galloway Training Program pacers will be leading groups for the half and full Marathons this year. If you’d like to join us, look for the appropriate flag near the front of each corral. If you’d like to avoid us, keep in mind that most pace groups will be taking their walk breaks on the right-hand side of the course.

How do you guys get the different speeds for 60/30. I’m having trouble figuring out the different speeds?

The booth at the Boardwalk resort or somewhere else? That used to be possible but I thought a few years back the Boardwalk changed to valet only if you aren't staying there. That early it woudn't hurt to ask but I've have them prepare to pay to valet if the answer is no. I've never tried to park at the Swan/Dolphin but I would assume the Dolphin has some sort of lot for non-hotel guests seeing as it is a convention hotel and some locals would usually come for conventions.
Swan does have a big lot for guests. I think they charge around $20 a day for parking. I am not sure if they have hourly parking.

354 hours until WDW 5k! Costumes done? Playlist polished off? Braced for t-a-p-e-r-M-a-d-n-e-s-s?

It's even less time till we fly down there, or till the expo starts. I'm so excited...

So you're saying the official greeting ISN'T going to be.........*SNAP-SNAP-JAZZ HANDS-SPIRIT FINGERS-KICK-BALLCHANGE!!!!*:dancer::dance3::banana::cheer2::cool1:

Yeah that's more of a pre-race greeting, at mile 22 of the marathon my kicking ability is minimal.

Each (geezer) to their own ;)

Reminds me of my cousin... a very fast runner... veeery "old school" (I'm not sure he wears a Garmin).
Maybe that's my problem..if didn't have this Garmin weighing me down, I'd be so much faster.

How do you guys get the different speeds for 60/30. I’m having trouble figuring out the different speeds?
Run and walk faster to get the faster pace. Slower for the slower pace. Running for 60 seconds at a 10:00 minute pace is gonna get you a faster overall pace than running for 60 seconds at a 12:00 pace. Just to use an example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter