Marathon Weekend 2018

Firstly @bananabean I am sorry to hear of the sadness your family is experiencing.

Secondly, and of much less weight: Do we know when can we expect to see pictures of the merchandise (race shirts)??

Last edited:

Firstly @bananabean I am sorry to hear of the sadness your family is experiencing.

Secondly, and of much less weight: Do we know when can we expect to see pictures of the merchandise (race shirts)??

From someone who has the early access on Wednesday? They seem to have been cutting back on a lot of previews to help curtail the non-race community shoppers.

My only "issues" with runners and music are the obvious communication issues they can present
I totally agree, people have to be aware of their surroundings for sure! I wear mine just loud enough to take away the silence and to hide a bit of the sounds that annoy me. Most of the time I can't even remember what song has played or anything. More like having the TV on in the background while you do other stuff around the house! I always run alone, training or in races so it just breaks up the time for me. Every once in a while on a training run I will hear a song come on and crank it up a little to jam out, but then it goes right back down after. At races I have been known to pull them out at certain points too. Typically at Disney I have them in at the beginning, take them out at MK, put the back in around cone alley and then the are taken out for good when I get to Epcot (so basically World Drive is my headphone space). I don't need them to run, and I have run without them, I just do better when I have them.

Edited to add: I can also be a painful introvert, so to your point on that it may be a way to hide a bit in a crowd... but I am working on that.

2018 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2017_12_22

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2018 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. When I get more runners info, I'll update it again. Currently we have:

5k - 59 runners (46 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
10k - 63 runners (49 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
HM - 74 runners (48 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
M - 88 runners (74 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)

Excited to share the race course with you all!

Attachments

• 2018 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2017_12_22 #2.pdf
    946.2 KB · Views: 47
Well my Dopey sim last week was interrupted. My grandmother ended up going into hospice on Sunday and she passed away two nights ago. With everything going on and the funeral in the morning, I haven’t done any running. And I know she wouldn’t want me to be upset. She was always so excited to see pics from the races - especially the character and medal pics (Grammys know what’s really important when it comes to running). But it’s hard to want to do anything but lay in bed right now. Since my office is closed on Monday, I’m going to try and get out and do a mini sim this weekend (hopefully 5/10/20). I leave next Saturday for Florida and I’m going to try and do exactly what she would want me to do - have a good time and enjoy myself in Disney with my friends.
So, so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family. :hug:

Last year they posted the merch preview the day before the expo opened. This year they did Princess the day before the expo opened, Star Wars the day of the expo opening, and I'm not sure they previewed Wine & Dine at all.

Edit: I didn't mention DL races because they've always seemed less consistent with the time they post their merch previews.
From someone who has the early access on Wednesday? They seem to have been cutting back on a lot of previews to help curtail the non-race community shoppers.
Would you (or anyone else who has early access) be willing to post whether they decided to do two entrances to HP Field House or whether they expect everyone regardless of whether they are picking up bibs or purchasing merch to wait in the same line?

Well my Dopey sim last week was interrupted. My grandmother ended up going into hospice on Sunday and she passed away two nights ago. With everything going on and the funeral in the morning, I haven’t done any running. And I know she wouldn’t want me to be upset. She was always so excited to see pics from the races - especially the character and medal pics (Grammys know what’s really important when it comes to running). But it’s hard to want to do anything but lay in bed right now. Since my office is closed on Monday, I’m going to try and get out and do a mini sim this weekend (hopefully 5/10/20). I leave next Saturday for Florida and I’m going to try and do exactly what she would want me to do - have a good time and enjoy myself in Disney with my friends.
So sorry for your loss :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. Good luck with your simulation. Sometimes running can really help.

Kind of a lurker around here but doing my first runDisney weekend has me too excited not to post!

Race - 5k
Name (optional) - Jay
DIS Name - Jamian
Costume - N/A
Corral - A (dropping back to run (walk) with my dad for this one though)
Planning to attend the Pre-race meet up? - Maybe
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Front
Expected Pace - 15:00?

Race - 10k
Name (optional) - Jay
DIS Name - Jamian
Costume - N/A
Corral - A
Planning to attend the Pre-race meet up? - Most likely
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Middle
Expected Pace - 10:00

Race - Half
Name (optional) - Jay
DIS Name - Jamian
Costume - N/A
Corral - B
Expected Pace - 10:00

Race - Marathon
Name (optional) - Jay
DIS Name - Jamian
Costume - N/A
Corral - B
Expected Pace - 11:00

Cheers, Jay

What the what?? What happened to Friday? So glad the forecast will change 100 times before then! (sorry it is gigantic - my computer is having major issues today!)

upload_2017-12-22_9-30-21.png

So sorry - it's always tough to lose a grandmother, and it's even worse in the holiday season. Hopefully your running will get you through this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter