• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

This is the most recent forecast from the local weather I trust the most:

View attachment 290922

:sad::sad::sad:
Pool weather on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!! Woohoo! The weather is actually trending better. Better than the 7 degrees I ran in today. Safe New Year's weekend everyone and safe travels next week [for those of you who are not already there!]

Has Duffy the Bear made an appearance at any of the races lately? Does he still have a meet and greet in Epcot or has he been totally excommunicated from WDW? Do I have to go to Japan to get a picture with him?

I am so looking forward to Dopey!! I am also so glad to see these temperatures continue to drop. I was getting worried seeing the warmer weather last week, I do so much better in the cold.

As a PT myself, that just made me cringe lol. There is 0 legitimate research showing the effectiveness of ultrasound. Passive modalities like those you mentioned are actually being phased out of most DPT programs due to the lack of effectiveness they produce. More manual therapy or active treatment will produce better results, also able to be provided by a PT. If your PT is doing ultrasound/TENS/e-stim, especially all in one visit, I would run... far haha.
I just had successful ultrasound treatment on Anterior Tibialis Tendonitis brought on by running my last 10 mile pace run and followed the next day by my last 20 miler in 15 degree temps, with 15 MPH winds, and in 5" of snow. I didn't believe it sounded like a good idea either, but the PT said that to have me ready for the Marathon, they had to get aggressive. three treatments over five days, completely gone. Glad I did it. I told them to get as aggressive as they thought was safe because I wasn't about to shelve 18 weeks of training to succumb to tendonitis.

GEM (Canadian) GFS (US long range) weather models are both showing temps just about at freezing at 7 AM on Saturday the 6th for the half. Judging from the temps to the north, this isn't that far-fetched. Time will tell. Morning of the 7th looks a little warmer.

gem_T2m_us_33.png

gfs_T2m_us_32.png

My last tempo run was today....now it's just easy runs until the marathon. And praying for 50 degree weather! Ideal for this Colorado girl.
We are eating at Rose & Crown after the marathon at 4:30p.m. I truly hope I can still move then. :crutches:
I'm really looking forward to Castaway Cay and pretty much eating all the food on the boat....anyone else casting off after the weekend?

I'm good with 40s for runs.
Side note: a friend from growing up lives in Tampa now and is rubbing in their weather right now while the rest of us freeze our you-know-what's off. I don't think she'll be that happy come next week.

Post Marathon meal for DH is Ohana around 6:30 (don't remember atm)

I'm currently injured :guilty: slipped on some ice at work on Christmas Eve and strained my proximal hamstring. I was able to get through about 2.5mi at the Y earlier today before I had to stop. Currently taped up and been rolling it out frequently. Hoping it gets way better by next week. Probably won't try running again until Tuesday-maybe. Doesn't hurt while walking though so here's hoping it's on the mend.

I feel like I have a gazillion things to do and having the kids home this week is not helping!
Oh man that sucks! Take it easy.

Just wondering what types of costumes? Like any special characters?
I am wearing a Belle costume...blue sparkle skirt, blue shirt, white apron, big blue bow, sparkly hat. Not really a full costume, just subtly Belle. My husband has an imprinted shirt to look like the Beast's shirt and just blue shorts.

I am wearing a Belle costume...blue sparkle skirt, blue shirt, white apron, big blue bow, sparkly hat. Not really a full costume, just subtly Belle. My husband has an imprinted shirt to look like the Beast's shirt and just blue shorts.
That's cool. I knew there were costumes but wasn't really sure what was permitted. This is my first RunDisney event, so I'm going to try to take in as much as possible. Aside from the races themselves, there's a lot of excitement surrounding these events. The anticipation is killing me!

BTW....this go-around I'm running for Autism Speaks, so I will be on their uniform. Wouldn't have been able to do a costume anyway. But next year will be a different story.

I just had successful ultrasound treatment on Anterior Tibialis Tendonitis brought on by running my last 10 mile pace run and followed the next day by my last 20 miler in 15 degree temps, with 15 MPH winds, and in 5" of snow. I didn't believe it sounded like a good idea either, but the PT said that to have me ready for the Marathon, they had to get aggressive. three treatments over five days, completely gone. Glad I did it. I told them to get as aggressive as they thought was safe because I wasn't about to shelve 18 weeks of training to succumb to tendonitis.

With the limited time left before we leave (Wednesday) and the fact that I'm only doing the 10K I'm good with conservative treatment and accepting that I probably won't be doing any PRs. Not worth it for the 10K(besides the fact that I may or may not have access to NSAIDs, Prednisone and prescription pain killers bc of my RA) or my sanity (I've mentioned that my kids are home on vacation but have I mentioned that DH is too? I'm literally twitching from the mess they are leaving around them) I'm just hoping my DD won't be too ticked that I'm injured and I can power through it. 2 more shifts and I'm on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter