Marathon Weekend 2018

According to this there will be a special 25th anniversary photo op at Mile 25.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/12/2018-walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend.html?m=1
Thanks for posting! Glad it will be up all day. We weren't planning on going to EPCOT after but may have to now as not sure stopping at mile 25 during the race will happen if it's a long line for me and I know my brother most likely won't. Wonder if it will just be a sign to hold or something more elaborate?!?

What was the 20th one like?
It was like this....."was that the big 20th anniversary surprise?"

Most people didnt even realize they had past it until mile 21...it was a few characters and some signage

I was expecting to run into the baseball stadium and have like a surprise band playing or something and this is what we saw after we exited WWoS

Disney-Marathon-2013-30.jpg

Thanks for posting! Glad it will be up all day. We weren't planning on going to EPCOT after but may have to now as not sure stopping at mile 25 during the race will happen if it's a long line for me and I know my brother most likely won't. Wonder if it will just be a sign to hold or something more elaborate?!?

I'm sure I'll jockey to be in position for a pic there but isn't that area already really really crowded due to bottle neck coming in to the park?

From the two times I have run the marathon, there usually is not a bottleneck at mile 25. People are fairly spread out by that point.

Since it is going to be up all day I'm hoping they might have a Photopass person there even after the marathon is done. We'll be back in Epcot once we clean up, and it would be nice to get a good picture with our medals.

It was like this....."was that the big 20th anniversary surprise?"

Most people didnt even realize they had past it until mile 21...it was a few characters and some signage

I was expecting to run into the baseball stadium and have like a surprise band playing or something and this is what we saw after we exited WWoS

Disney-Marathon-2013-30.jpg

Thanks for posting a picture. I couldn’t find one. It was cool that they added something to the course, but they hyped it so much that it ended up being underwhelming.

In 2015 when I entered World Showcase it was just opening so not really crowded at mile 25 due to less regular people and less runners as I was midpack. In 2016 I was back of the pack and World Showcase had been open for awhile and Mile 25 while not a bottleneck was pretty crowded in that area with regular guests/spectators and lots of runners (as was most of World Showcase).

Ok where is mile 25 in relation to Italy? Since we won’t have park tickets I will need to get my pic during the race and (possibly) with my frozen margarita in hand! :)

Ok where is mile 25 in relation to Italy? Since we won’t have park tickets I will need to get my pic during the race and (possibly) with my frozen margarita in hand! :)

A ways away. Once you get to the bridge near mile 25, you have to run through France, Morocco, Japan, and America before getting to Italy.

Is there a DVC discount on race merchandise at the expo? I know you can get an AP discount but my AP is a renewal and I’m going to the expo straight from the airport so I won’t have a new passholder card. My passholder card from last time says valid 2016-2017.

Is there a DVC discount on race merchandise at the expo? I know you can get an AP discount but my AP is a renewal and I’m going to the expo straight from the airport so I won’t have a new passholder card. My passholder card from last time says valid 2016-2017.

I’m going to check again tomorrow, but when I renewed my AP again, Guest Services told me I didn’t need to get a new card. My AP is valid through December 2018. :confused3

Been battling a sore achilles all week since my last long run last Sunday...tried to give it a go on Christmas Day and quit after about .1 mi. tried again 3 days later and made it about a mile. I could have kept going but I could feel it was still "there" so I just walked home. I've been biking and swimming to keep the heart pumping and tay active.

Im going to basically just pick up on Monday where I would have if I didnt miss a day and just go through the normal race week routine. People get sick and miss 5+ days but at least Ive been able to do other things.

This isn't an A race for me and I'm really giving myself a modest goal (I still want to PR but not trying to BQ) so hopefully this week of rest will do me some good....I've actually enjoyed it from a relaxation standpoint...I'm not the kind of guy who starts freaking out during a taper. I actually enjoy staying up past 9 am occasionally, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter