Marathon Weekend 2018

You shouldn't have a problem.

Are you sure about that? This is from the DME FAQ thread in the Transpirtation forum-

• Anyone who flies into Orlando International Airport with a Disney resort reservation can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express ground transfers, along with luggage transfers, provided you have specifically made DME reservations prior to arriving at Orlando International Airport.
Says prior to arriving at MCO. Maybe it’s changed?

My husband likes having a car so we are renting. We are staying at Saratoga springs so the closest guest services is downtown Disney and that place tends to be a madhouse. It is an option though if it saves me money.
I guess it depends on how much you buy, lol

Honestly, I didnt even think about my AP discount at the expo...last time I ran the marathon I didnt have an AP

Are you sure about that? This is from the DME FAQ thread in the Transpirtation forum-

• Anyone who flies into Orlando International Airport with a Disney resort reservation can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express ground transfers, along with luggage transfers, provided you have specifically made DME reservations prior to arriving at Orlando International Airport.
Says prior to arriving at MCO. Maybe it’s changed?
They have a desk next to the check in counters that I am sure would be able to help with issues like this. People also will change flights and such and probably don't always tell DME. I think they'll be okay.

I’m going to check again tomorrow, but when I renewed my AP again, Guest Services told me I didn’t need to get a new card. My AP is valid through December 2018. :confused3
I'm pretty sure you're correct. I renewed our annual passes online the other day, and I believe it said that our membership would be updated and we could still use our magic bands. I imagine we would still use our same cards as well.

I know the rest of you are looking at that weather and thinking it looks warm, but I’ve gone from Australia (100 degreees) to the Caribbean (also 90-100 degrees), so I am sitting here looking at those temps and hoping I have enough warm clothes to enjoy the parks this week!

Also, random question - I think I forgot to book magical express (and the wifi out at sea isn’t strong enough to use Skype to call). Will it be a big deal to just walk up to the counter at MCO without a booking for the bus? There is only one of me and I always carry my own luggage anyway being from outside the US...

If the Wifi is strong enough to access this thread you should be able to make your DME reservation online:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

I'm not sure when you're coming in so time might be the issue.

Also, random question - I think I forgot to book magical express (and the wifi out at sea isn’t strong enough to use Skype to call). Will it be a big deal to just walk up to the counter at MCO without a booking for the bus? There is only one of me and I always carry my own luggage anyway being from outside the US...
Unless it's changed you can't book it there at the counter. A guy in front of us last year wanted to do just that and they had to turn him away.

Now reading some old thread (2015) a poster has done it, so I guess it's worth a try as long as you have your resort reservation, but I guess another poster says in it they don't have to let you. https://www.disboards.com/threads/magical-express-last-minute.3370272/

Last edited:
Off to Walmart to acquire some more throwaway gear since my last trip a couple weeks ago was with the mindset of “surely it won’t be cold EVERY morning.” o_O

Meanwhile, did my last long run this morning. 8 cold, snowy miles but felt 100x better than last weekend when I bailed at mile 9 of planned 12 because I was just. not. feeling. it. Finally starting to feel the benefits of taper, I think.

Every time I look, Weather Channel has lower lows forecast. This Floridian is mildly freaking out. I currently have every single pair of running capris and tights I own in the To Be Packed pile! Good thing I’ll have a washer & dryer...

I hadn't seen this till looking through the goodie bag about the Interactive Zone (sorry if posted and I missed it, just thought it was interesting)

RunDisney Interactive Zone - Interactive Schedule of Events:
Thursday, 1/4
11:00 AM
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
12:30 PM
1:00 PM
1:30 PM
Yoga for Runners
Foam Rolling hosted by Florida Hospital
Yoga for Runners
Dynamic Stretching hosted by Florida Hospital
Yoga for Runners
Recovery: Ice & Compression powered by CoolCore
Friday, 1/4
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Saturday, 1/6
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners

Descriptions:
Yoga for Runners
- Take part in this low impact Yoga class to learn poses to help you in your post-race recovery, focusing on easing soreness in key muscles, reducing pain & inflammation, and gradually increasing flexibility and energy in the hours and days after your race.
Dynamic Stretching - Join a Florida Hospital physical therapist to learn the importance of dynamic stretching before your run and proper techniques. Dynamic stretching not only helps loosen and stretch your muscles, but also your joints! It has a dual purpose of making you more limber while also activating major muscle groups. Dynamic stretching also helps to slowly raise your heart rate to warm you up before you run.
Foam Rolling - Join a Florida Hospital physical therapist to learn foam rolling techniques for your pre-run warm up and post-run cool down! Foam rolling helps reduce soreness and tightness by lengthening your muscles and increasing blood flow and flexibility.
Recovery on the Go: Ice and Compression - Ice therapy and compression can be the defining factor in performance and recovery. Learn how to use Dr. Cool wraps to go that extra mile.

Off to Walmart to acquire some more throwaway gear since my last trip a couple weeks ago was with the mindset of “surely it won’t be cold EVERY morning.” o_O

Meanwhile, did my last long run this morning. 8 cold, snowy miles but felt 100x better than last weekend when I bailed at mile 9 of planned 12 because I was just. not. feeling. it. Finally starting to feel the benefits of taper, I think.

Just got home from Walmart! I got 3 3 pack of boys knit gloves for $1.47 a 3 pack and a Donald Duck blue colored running hoodie which will work for my Donald and my Kevin costumes. And possibly DD28‘s Snow White costume? I can’t remember what that looks like lol.

A ways away. Once you get to the bridge near mile 25, you have to run through France, Morocco, Japan, and America before getting to Italy.

Ok I guess it will be a pic without the margarita. I’ll save that for my finish line photo! :) Thanks!

@rteetz if the images of Mickey and Minnie are like what they are on the "I did it ears" on the shirts-I am going to lose my mind!! Look at that Minnie with the pink swirl around her tooo cute!!! Oh man I hope that's whats on the shirts!

Edited to add: the above sentence is not at grammatical and fairly non-sensical, but I think you will understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter