Marathon Weekend 2018

Newbie here! This is probably a really silly question but here it goes..
About gEAR bag check:
Can we put a non-clear bag into the
bag they provide??

I went the other day (Thursday) and it was exactly like this in the middle of the day, but dang-near empty at night (7pm on). Lines were still long for FEA and Soarin, but I got on MS, SSE and TT single-rider in max 20 minutes each time. Got a great seat stand-by for Candlelight Processional too.

Epcot has been super weird this time around. I got same-day FP for Soarin on Christmas night, a stellar walk-up spot for two NPH readings of Candlelight and have had no problem getting a spot for Illuminations at 5 minutes out. A couple of the CMs I see frequently even told me how “empty” it’s been after the sun goes down.

We had a dinner reservation for 8:20 at Boma, so leaving early and taking a rest before dinner was always a contemplation; this made it an easy choice. Stretching that type of day with a 6- and 8-year-old would have been rough.

If we were thinning it out for the later festivities it was for the best; I enjoy my time at Disney and I certainly hope others are able to enjoy theirs as well. I’m not a Disney expert by any means, but coming the past couple years in this post-Christmas->New Year->Marathon Weekend timeframe has taught me a few things about managing expectations and being prepared to roll with the punches.

On a less positive note, first time eating at Boma and any attempt at moderation was out the window. Pretty sure I’m still going to be digesting that meal on race day.

48 hours later and I’ve made it to Florida! Runway at Glasgow got shut 5 minutes before our take off and we were stuck on the runway for 5 hours - had to be deiced 3 times! We then missed our connector in London so an overnight stay it was! Luckily we had our bags with us the whole time so no stress about loosing trainers/sports bras/other important running gear! So glad to be in the states and now finally time to get a few days relax before next weekend!

On another note I quite liked the merch except why grey for the shoe ornament?! I like hanging mine on my Xmas tree but it’s not very festive...

Stitch will be out for the half.

Ducktales Scrooge will be our for the full.

Locations I don’t know yet.

I NEED Scrooge McDuck this year. I got Launchpad in 2013 and scrooge was out after the full and I was next in line...when he switched out for daisy!! Wahhhhh!

I will definitely be stopping if I see him! Ducktales is my favorite (not the new reboot!).

48 hours later and I’ve made it to Florida! Runway at Glasgow got shut 5 minutes before our take off and we were stuck on the runway for 5 hours - had to be deiced 3 times! We then missed our connector in London so an overnight stay it was! Luckily we had our bags with us the whole time so no stress about loosing trainers/sports bras/other important running gear! So glad to be in the states and now finally time to get a few days relax before next weekend!

On another note I quite liked the merch except why grey for the shoe ornament?! I like hanging mine on my Xmas tree but it’s not very festive...

Ugh! At least you made it. I have a love hate relationship with travel as I often have similar bad luck. With the year we have had I fully anticipated a similar experience you had. On Thursday we had a flat tire changed by AAA only to come off on the highway...very lucky no one was hurt. The only issue we had today was catering was delayed so the flight voted to skip it and take off Have a great next few days.

I thought I'd put two weather model updates on here showing projected temps on the 4th. Looks like the 5K runners are in for a cold morning. The Canadian model is showing upper 20's at around 6 AM and the GFS is showing mid 30's. The 5th, 6th and 7th, look a little warmer, but not much. It appears these temps will verify. The weather outlets are even starting to show these lows now. But, outside of the 4th, the other mornings look decent. A lot of us are used to running in cold weather, but to be honest, I was hoping for at least 40 degrees at the start of the marathon. It is what it is. Time will tell. Come dressed for anything, I guess.

gem_T2m_us_19.png

gfs_T2m_us_19.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter