Marathon Weekend 2018

I’m ready but I’m not running :rotfl2:

I finished packing my stuff today. Just need my husband to select his stuff so we could get that off the to do list.

Accuweather

1/3 - H 51 L 32
1/4 - H 54 L 32
1/5 - H 52 L 33
1/6 - H 59 L 35
1/7 - H 67 L 46

Weather.com

1/3 - H 53 L 34
1/4 - H 54 L 32
1/5 - H 55 L 34
1/6 - H 60 L 43
1/7 - H 66 L 50

Today's update...

Temps fell a good amount from yesterday's update.

Last day and last Sunday of the year! I can’t believe we are almost there after a year of discussing, planning, and training. So for the final Sundays are for Disney question...

Are you ready?

My answer: yes! Bring on marathon weekend! Yes it might be cold but I’m ready to have fun, meet some amazing Disers and earn some bling!

I'm ready to spend time with my friends, have fun, socialize with everyone, and enjoy the race weekend atmosphere. I might have some more shopping to do if the forecast stays with three mornings in the mid 30s. I only have one pair of throw way PJs with me.

SQOTD: I'm ready to run the best race I can on the day of the 10K. I was more than ready then hurt myself when I slipped on ice a week ago. I'm taking it easy until the race, not ready to run and prolong healing. May do an easy loop around Crescent Lake to judge where healing is on Thursday.

I'm super excited to head down on Wednesday! It'll be fun leaving DD's school at dismissal and heading straight to Logan Express!

Accuweather

1/3 - H 51 L 32
1/4 - H 54 L 32
1/5 - H 52 L 33
1/6 - H 59 L 35
1/7 - H 67 L 46

Weather.com

1/3 - H 53 L 34
1/4 - H 54 L 32
1/5 - H 55 L 34
1/6 - H 60 L 43
1/7 - H 66 L 50

Today's update...

Temps fell a good amount from yesterday's update.

Wife and I are hitting up the Walmart today to stock up on throwaway clothes.

Thanks for the character info so far @rteetz! Let us know if you hear anything else. I hope there are some good, rare characters out somewhere. My dream meet is Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde from Zootopia, so it would be amazing to see them somewhere. They were out for a Disneyland race once so why not at Disney World?

As for the weather, I’m not going to go as far as to say I’m worried, but the forecast right now has got me a bit anxious. Running-wise it will be fine, I’ll take cold over hot or rain, but I really don’t know what I’m going to wear for waiting around for 2+ hours before the half. I hadn’t even considered throwaway clothes and don’t know what I have. This will be interesting.

Weather channel app has Wednesday as 90% rain, but the other days look okay in that respect. Cold I think I can deal with, but cold and wet would suck, so hopefully it will get the rain out of its system on Wednesday!

Last day and last Sunday of the year! I can’t believe we are almost there after a year of discussing, planning, and training. So for the final Sundays are for Disney question...

Are you ready?

My answer: yes! Bring on marathon weekend! Yes it might be cold but I’m ready to have fun, meet some amazing Disers and earn some bling!
I lost a toenail this morning (that got damaged running a very humid 12 mile run in Orlando in Sept) so now I'm really ready!!!! Looking forward to a few short runs this week and then Disney!!!

“Ready” is relative. I did the training, I should be ready to handle Dopey. But I am in no way “ready” for the weather! I’m honestly dreading 4 days of being cold, (not to mention a harrowing journey across I-4 in Wed’s rain), but I’m trying hard not to let it totally dampen the experience. The next couple days are all about reframing my expectations and getting the right mindset.

Sunday question: Yes!! A few people have asked me this past week and I have said that I did all I could do training wise to get here so I have no choose but to enjoy it. Pretty sure the nerves will set in once I get there but I am really excited!

Are you ready?

Answer: heck yes! Let’s get this show on the road!
And I bet my family (staying here, I’m traveling with friends) is ready for me to get out of here rather than continuing to cope with me in this “too excited to sleep” state.

sometimes WDW is fun when it's chilly... now standing in those corrals at 4am in the 30s is a different story.... I never run in cold gear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter