Marathon Weekend 2018

Your dad would have no issue walking over to the poly from the TTC. He could see you in two places instead of just one inside Main Street, which would be a little bit more crowded. But then again I'm not sure how many Spectators are going to want to be standing outside in the mid 30s.
I don’t know if my Dad will either. I’m telling him it’s okay if he wants to make a last minute call and change his mind if it’s too cold!

One other thing about weather.....if you're traveling from the DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC area, or any of the big NE cities, the meteorologist are watching a potential large snowstorm for January 4th and 5th. Right now, it looks like it will stay far enough off the coast not to impact DC, Baltimore, or Philly, but NYC and further north are likely to hammered with a blizzard. There models are showing some indications that the storm may be closer to the coast. If that outcome happens, travel from DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC, will likely be impossible for the 4th and the 5th. If you're coming from these areas, and travelling either the 4th or 5th, keep an eye on this. YOu may want to adjust your schedule.

Ugh. Supposed to fly out of Philly at 6am on the 5th. Fingers crossed.

Throwaway clothes acquired! I have never packed for cold weather in Florida like this before...
I think I'll go with my 2xu tights, shirt and pants with my autism speaks shirt over top. I can shed the autism speaks shirt and run the rest in my 2xu shirt.

Ugh. Supposed to fly out of Philly at 6am on the 5th. Fingers crossed.

I'm flying out of Philly at 6pm on the 5th! Cutting it super-close for the marathon so I hope it misses us.
Ugh, I’m flying out of Dulles Friday at 9am! Not what I wanted to hear!

As for now, just trying to get over the stomach flu that hit at 3am!

Sunday Question: I was ready! Now I need to get well, build back strength and get to Florida for my first marathon!

One other thing about weather.....if you're traveling from the DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC area, or any of the big NE cities, the meteorologist are watching a potential large snowstorm for January 4th and 5th. Right now, it looks like it will stay far enough off the coast not to impact DC, Baltimore, or Philly, but NYC and further north are likely to hammered with a blizzard. There models are showing some indications that the storm may be closer to the coast. If that outcome happens, travel from DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC, will likely be impossible for the 4th and the 5th. If you're coming from these areas, and travelling either the 4th or 5th, keep an eye on this. YOu may want to adjust your schedule.
Ugh I’m flying down on the first flight on the 4th out of NYC for the 10k. Fingers crossed I can get out.

Ugh I’m flying down on the first flight on the 4th out of NYC for the 10k. Fingers crossed I can get out.
I think you'll be good on the 4th. If doesn't look like NY will be impacted until night on the 4th and morning of the 5th. Close call. What time is your flight?

Flying out of Boston on the morning of the 5th. Not looking good, but right now it looks like the worst will be over by the wee hours on the 5th.

The other good news is that the Expo goes all the way into the evening and we are scheduled to leave at 8:00 AM. So unless it is a total disaster we should be OK. Right now it says 5-8 inches. That's an amount Boston knows how to handle.

Sunday Question: I was ready! Now I need to get well, build back strength and get to Florida for my first marathon!
Will do my best to keep you posted on this as I see updated model runs. Below is a precipitation map for midnight, January 4th. That's as far out as the NAM model goes. The next run is around 10:00 tonight and it will go out a few more hours so it will give us a better idea of where the storm will be between 3 and 6 AM on the 4th. I'm keeping a close eye on this one too. Live in Delaware and flying out of BWI on January 4th at 10:30 AM. I'm a nervous wreck actually. If it's not looking good tomorrow afternoon, I may try to move my flight up a day to try to avoid it. We'll see.

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

You feeling any better from the stomach flu? I guess the only good thing about getting something right now is that it was the stomach flu and not the cold flu. You should rebound from the stomach stuff in a couple of days. Type A or B flu would not be good right now for you. Hope you're feeling better.

Flying out of Boston on the morning of the 5th. Not looking good, but right now it looks like the worst will be over by the wee hours on the 5th.

The other good news is that the Expo goes all the way into the evening and we are scheduled to leave at 8:00 AM. So unless it is a total disaster we should be OK. Right now it says 5-8 inches. That's an amount Boston knows how to handle.
I'm not a professional meteorologist, but I follow a few groups of professionals who are pretty good. They are saying that basically from the western edge of Mass all the way east to the cape, is going to get pummeled. They're thinking it will be measured with a yardstick in Boston up thru most of Maine. Here's an image from one of the models. If the storm is on this track, that's a heavy hot for Boston. Any way you can get out earlier? If you get a big one, Logan will be closed for 24 hours.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_17.png

Has anyone here ever had a spectator on the platinum ChEAR Squad? If so I have a question I'm hoping you can answer. Runners needed to carry everything to the race in the clear gEAR bag they are given, but what about spectators? Are they allowed to bring in back packs or any other kinds of totes?

Has anyone here ever had a spectator on the platinum ChEAR Squad? If so I have a question I'm hoping you can answer. Runners needed to carry everything to the race in the clear gEAR bag they are given, but what about spectators? Are they allowed to bring in back packs or any other kinds of totes?
My mother was able to bring in her purse. Beyond that I am unsure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter