• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Has anyone here ever had a spectator on the platinum ChEAR Squad? If so I have a question I'm hoping you can answer. Runners needed to carry everything to the race in the clear gEAR bag they are given, but what about spectators? Are they allowed to bring in back packs or any other kinds of totes?

Hey can bring in any bag like they would in the parks, they just have to go through the bag-check line.

I'm not a professional meteorologist, but I follow a few groups of professionals who are pretty good. They are saying that basically from the western edge of Mass all the way east to the cape, is going to get pummeled. They're thinking it will be measured with a yardstick in Boston up thru most of Maine. Here's an image from one of the models. If the storm is on this track, that's a heavy hot for Boston. Any way you can get out earlier? If you get a big one, Logan will be closed for 24 hours.

Looks like it will cost me $1000 to change our flights to an earlier one. I think I'll take my chances with the weather.

Intellicast and Weather.com have 3-5 total for it right now in Boston. If that’s what it ends up being it shouldn’t be a big deal. Could change a lot though
You know how hard it is to predict noreasters. Nothing would surprise me. That said, we also know that when the weather outlets are predicting a half foot of snow 4 days in advance, the likelihood of ir happening is pretty high. That's the thing that scares me most. From what I can tell, this is going to be one of those kinds of storms where you can't be half pregnant. It's all or nothing. Regardless f what happens in the mid-atlantic, I think NYC and northeast gets crushed. Hope I'm wrong. Will keep you posted. More model runs to come at 9;30 and 11:30. Happy New Year everyone!

Looks like it will cost me $1000 to change our flights to an earlier one. I think I'll take my chances with the weather.
I've got my fingers crossed for you. I'm in a similar boat but a day ahead. I like snow, but in this case, I don't. What airline are you flying?

SQOTD: Just trying to decide if I'm ready or not for the marathon has me in a slightly cold sweat, so I would say I'm ready as I'll ever be (I followed my training plan), but I am pretty nervous! I fly out Friday at 8:30am- direct flight from SLC. Hoping I get everything packed up in the next few days, and prepare my house for my Mom to come watch my kids!! See you guys soon!

SQOTD: Yep! Well... I executed the plan I laid out (I'm trying an experiment this cycle, we'll see if this was a smart idea :) ).

I guess I'll pack for anything from 25F to 75F :: shrug ::

I need to update my playlists, find some a toss shirt, pack, make a bunch of lists... #itsAllGood

Don't laugh, but I'm getting really nervous about the weather. We are just doing the 5k, but I'm from Texas and am not used to standing around in 30 degree weather for an hour, hour and a half while we wait to begin the 5k. I've completely redone my outfit, hopefully I'm ready. Please tell me it's not as bad as I think it will be? LOL! As long as there is no rain, I will be there. This will be my first disney run and although I am nervous about the weather, I am excited.

SQOTD: Just trying to decide if I'm ready or not for the marathon has me in a slightly cold sweat, so I would say I'm ready as I'll ever be (I followed my training plan), but I am pretty nervous! I fly out Friday at 8:30am- direct flight from SLC. Hoping I get everything packed up in the next few days, and prepare my house for my Mom to come watch my kids!! See you guys soon!
I'm sure you're ready, and you'll do fine. Though I will say I'm nervous with you. This is my first runDisney event, and that makes the anticipation level that much higher. What training plan did you follow?

Don't laugh, but I'm getting really nervous about the weather. We are just doing the 5k, but I'm from Texas and am not used to standing around in 30 degree weather for an hour, hour and a half while we wait to begin the 5k. I've completely redone my outfit, hopefully I'm ready. Please tell me it's not as bad as I think it will be? LOL! As long as there is no rain, I will be there. This will be my first disney run and although I am nervous about the weather, I am excited.
Well, the good news is, at 30 degrees it won't be rain. It would most likely be snow. Much easier to run in the snow then rain. Now that we have that out of the way, i'll tell you that while 30 degrees may seem harsh, you'll be fine. Just layer up with some tights, and a thermal shirt and you'll be good to go. Hat and gloves a must for you. they'll help keep you warm, but don't cover your whole body before the race. If you do, you'll tighten up pretty quickly when you hit that cold air. I'm betting you'll be so pumped around 5:30 in the morning, that it will feel at least 10 degrees warmer to you. You'll be fine! Good luck Ashley!

I’m from Texas too - go to Dollar Tree or Target or WalMart and pickup some throwaway $1 ponchos. Those will help!

Well, the good news is, at 30 degrees it won't be rain. It would most likely be snow. Much easier to run in the snow then rain. Now that we have that out of the way, i'll tell you that while 30 degrees may seem harsh, you'll be fine. Just layer up with some tights, and a thermal shirt and you'll be good to go. Hat and gloves a must for you. they'll help keep you warm, but don't cover your whole body before the race. If you do, you'll tighten up pretty quickly when you hit that cold air. I'm betting you'll be so pumped around 5:30 in the morning, that it will feel at least 10 degrees warmer to you. You'll be fine! Good luck Ashley!

Thanks for helping calm my nerves. I wasn't planning on wearing a jacket, will I be ok? I have a thermal, hat and gloves and was going to bring a cheap sweatshirt to "donate."

Thanks for helping calm my nerves. I wasn't planning on wearing a jacket, will I be ok? I have a thermal, hat and gloves and was going to bring a cheap sweatshirt to "donate."
You'll be good to go with that. Though you're not used to it in texas, 30 degrees is actually not that bad. Hat and gloves will do you right. What day are you headed to Orlando? Head out the morning before, and take a walk in the cold rain. Not a long walk, but just enough to get wet and cold. Seriously, it will help you acclimate to the the cold temps. It looks to be windy on the 4th too, so that will make it a bit colder. But, as i said earlier, you'll be so pumped on the morning of the 4th, it will seem warmer. I'm sure you'll be fine. enjoy your hard work that got you to this point. What part of texas are you from?

You'll be good to go with that. Though you're not used to it in texas, 30 degrees is actually not that bad. Hat and gloves will do you right. What day are you headed to Orlando? Head out the morning before, and take a walk in the cold rain. Not a long walk, but just enough to get wet and cold. Seriously, it will help you acclimate to the the cold temps. It looks to be windy on the 4th too, so that will make it a bit colder. But, as i said earlier, you'll be so pumped on the morning of the 4th, it will seem warmer. I'm sure you'll be fine. enjoy your hard work that got you to this point. What part of texas are you from?

I will be heading to Orlando on Tuesday morning. I live in the Houston area (southeast side close to NASA). It’s supposed to be 30 degrees here at 7 am tomorrow, so I’m planning on going for a quick walk/run outside in what I plan to wear for the 5k. I think I’m more nervous about the waiting at 4:30 am with no sun in 30 degree weather. I usually try to just stay inside when it’s this cold :)

Thanks again for your help!

Intellicast and Weather.com have 3-5 total for it right now in Boston. If that’s what it ends up being it shouldn’t be a big deal. Could change a lot though
Two model updates. Long and the short of it, it's still up in the air. The GFS shows a minor event for Boston on the latest run, but the CMC model shows a direct hit for Boston with over 20" of snow. see the two images below. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter