• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

So has anyone used magical express and not had luggage tags for all your bags. With all the throwdown stuff, we’ve got 3 checked bags but only 2 DME luggage tags. I read on an FAQ that if you don’t have MDE tags to just give your baggage claim numbers to the check in desk and they’ll retrieve them, but I’m paranoid and hoped for reassurance from someone here. :)
Yes. However I have always gotten my luggage and taken it with me so I am no help with the giving the claim numbers to the desk...

The weather in Orlando is what it is, but others along the east coast are watching what could be a blockbuster noreaster that will impact many of our travel dates. I'm waiting for one more round of weather models at 9 and 11 tonight, and will make my decision as to whether or not I'm flying in on the 3rd or sticking with the 4th. I'm not worrying about the race weather. I just want to be able to get there.

Perhaps I should have typed in sarcasm font as I was just kidding about not looking.

So has anyone used magical express and not had luggage tags for all your bags. With all the throwdown stuff, we’ve got 3 checked bags but only 2 DME luggage tags. I read on an FAQ that if you don’t have MDE tags to just give your baggage claim numbers to the check in desk and they’ll retrieve them, but I’m paranoid and hoped for reassurance from someone here. :)

Yes, that process is correct. That being said, if I don't have luggage tags for whatever reason I just get my own bags. Its already a complex process when I know my bags are labeled and I don't like the idea of adding another component.

Yes. You'll just need to go to the baggage claim area to get those bags without tags, and when you head over to the Disney Express area, stop at the host stand out front and tell them. They'll take your bags and make sure they get on your bus.

I've also posts from people elsewhere that they just cut the DME tags they have in half (in half at the fold, obviously. Not up the middle of the entire tag, LOL), because the information is on both sides of the tag.

Yes. You'll just need to go to the baggage claim area to get those bags without tags, and when you head over to the Disney Express area, stop at the host stand out front and tell them. They'll take your bags and make sure they get on your bus.
You don't even need to go get your bags if they don't have tags and you give the claim numbers to the desk and they will get them. If you went and got the bags you might as well just take them on the bus with you instead.

Perhaps I should have typed in sarcasm font as I was just kidding about not looking.
My note was misconstrued. I wasn't trying to be snippy. At this point, I'm resigned to run this marathon in cold weather which is not a problem because I live in the mid atlantic and most of my training for the past 8 weeks has been in cold temps. I just want to make sure I get there. Missing this race because of a storm would be an unmitigated disaster. It's all good.

You don't even need to go get your bags if they don't have tags and you give the claim numbers to the desk and they will get them. If you went and got the bags you might as well just take them on the bus with you instead.
That's a good point. Thank you for bringing that up!

I got an imitation GoPro for Christmas (didn’t want Mr. Keels to shell out the big bucks for something I might not use, but if I do I can upgrade ...) - I need to get an SD card for it - any brand you recommend?

I use Sandisk ultra plus cards for most of my stuff. 32 GB cards give me about an hour of recording at 4k. I had an older go pro that would occasionally corrupt SD Cards. I am hoping that this one doesn't have that issue but just in case I bought a 32 GB cards for every race morning.

I picked up a 64 gb card for marathon morning because I'm paranoid I'll run out of space right before the finish of the marathon. I got one of the Feiyu Tech water-resistant gimbals too. I'm planning on running with it for all 4 races but as of this point I've only done 1 7 mile training run so I'm hoping it doesn't cause issues during the marathon. Fortunately I'm running with 4 other guys so I can pass it off if my arm gets tired.

I use Sandisk ultra plus cards for most of my stuff. 32 GB cards give me about an hour of recording at 4k. I had an older go pro that would occasionally corrupt SD Cards. I am hoping that this one doesn't have that issue but just in case I bought a 32 GB cards for every race morning.

I picked up a 64 gb card for marathon morning because I'm paranoid I'll run out of space right before the finish of the marathon. I got one of the Feiyu Tech water-resistant gimbals too. I'm planning on running with it for all 4 races but as of this point I've only done 1 7 mile training run so I'm hoping it doesn't cause issues during the marathon. Fortunately I'm running with 4 other guys so I can pass it off if my arm gets tired.
I also use sandisk. I have a 64 and 128 GB card.

I'm wondering about sun block. I'll put some on before leaving the room but that's hours before the race even starts. I probably will need to reapply. Does anyone know if the medical tents have sunblock? Thanks!

I'm wondering about sun block. I'll put some on before leaving the room but that's hours before the race even starts. I probably will need to reapply. Does anyone know if the medical tents have sunblock? Thanks!
Not sure you'll need sunblock. Can't imagine the Max UV index will be above 3 or 4. The sun is at such a shallow angle the UV index should definitely be very low.

Not sure you'll need sunblock. Can't imagine the Max UV index will be above 3 or 4. The sun is at such a shallow angle the UV index should definitely be very low.

Oh, I guess I was just assuming Florida equals needing sun block. I’m slow so probably wouldn’t be finishing the marathon until around noon.

I also use sandisk. I have a 64 and 128 GB card.

Thanks, fellas!

This is the little guy that I got: https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-Sports-Waterproof-Camcorder/dp/B01HGM33HG
I also got the accessory pack that has pretty much every accessory known to man (I need to go through it tomorrow and look to see what each item actually is).

I really just got it to use on my bike and to use in the pool when I do lap swim to record my form for training purposes. Any other fun I can find with it will be a value add!

Did I hear that y'all will be at HH after your marathon run to celebrate with those back of the packers that are just getting to mile 24. We can stop in for a few minutes and join y'all. :rotfl2:.

We plan on being at the tables near the beer truck in the finish area until everyone comes in, right @Keels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter