Marathon Weekend 2018

Thanks, fellas!

This is the little guy that I got: https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-Sports-Waterproof-Camcorder/dp/B01HGM33HG
I also got the accessory pack that has pretty much every accessory known to man (I need to go through it tomorrow and look to see what each item actually is).

I really just got it to use on my bike and to use in the pool when I do lap swim to record my form for training purposes. Any other fun I can find with it will be a value add!

Let me know what you think of the camera. I’d like to have something like this in my camera bag, but I doubt I’d use it enough to justify GoPro prices.

Let me know what you think of the camera. I’d like to have something like this in my camera bag, but I doubt I’d use it enough to justify GoPro prices.

That was my thinking exactly! I'm pretty sure I could have some fun with it, and at that price-point it was totes worth it for me to try out.
The smartphone app is pretty cool, and the wrist remote is fun.

That was my thinking exactly! I'm pretty sure I could have some fun with it, and at that price-point it was totes worth it for me to try out.
I have a GoPro but have never brought it to the parks yet. I am excited to try it out this time and am thinking of bringing it with my for the 5K. Don't think I want to carry it with me for the longer races.

So has anyone used magical express and not had luggage tags for all your bags. With all the throwdown stuff, we’ve got 3 checked bags but only 2 DME luggage tags. I read on an FAQ that if you don’t have MDE tags to just give your baggage claim numbers to the check in desk and they’ll retrieve them, but I’m paranoid and hoped for reassurance from someone here. :)

I did this for last year's Marathon Weekend after they failed to send my tags. I just let the MDE greeter scan my luggage claim ticket and the bag showed up in my room with no issues. I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, I guess I was just assuming Florida equals needing sun block. I’m slow so probably wouldn’t be finishing the marathon until around noon.
No problem. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put it on just in case, but remember, the first two hours will basically be in the dark. Good luck! Temps will be low so you may surprise yourself on your time.

I have a GoPro but have never brought it to the parks yet. I am excited to try it out this time and am thinking of bringing it with my for the 5K. Don't think I want to carry it with me for the longer races.

I have one of those body harnesses/vest things for mine, so I’ll make @FFigawi wear it for the 5K! #BestPals

Wrist remote? Hey Batman, I think The Joker is trying to poison the water supply again.

Floridian here: yes, USE SUNSCREEN!!! Every day. Cold air does not block damaging sun rays, nor do clouds. I carry a little sunscreen stick and reapply every 1.5 hours during a run in daylight.

About the cold... it got down to feels likes in the 20s at my house last night: I’m currently wearing 3 layers... in my house. I’m dreading going out to run errands later!

Oh, I guess I was just assuming Florida equals needing sun block. I’m slow so probably wouldn’t be finishing the marathon until around noon.
You're right, Sunblock is still needed even if the sun is low or even if overcast. I've gotten red before on a overcast days before because I always forget to wear it. I would bring some to reapply during the marathon if you can since you know you're skin and better to be safe, maybe a stick like PrincessV said or squeeze some into a baggy to bring.

I have a head strap.
I have a gopro with all sorts of attachments, including head strap, oh my gosh I can't see how people run with it on their head, I felt like my head was going to fall off just walking with it (I don't wear hats so maybe with a hat it helps but still it's heavy?!?)!! Pretty sure my gopro will stay home I htink so If you use it share the video please!!:-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter