Marathon Weekend 2018

So. Had a nightmare that not only was I late to the 5K because I thought it started at 6, but I also forgot my bib and ID to try to get a new one. So welcome to Marathon Week.
Glad I’m not the only one.

Well, it is official - I have packed more for Marathon Weekend than my 10 day trip to Greece and Italy last summer. :rotfl2:

Same here! We went to Italy and Greece for two weeks this spring and somehow my suitcase for 6 days is heavier. At least it should shed some weight before the trip back.

Good morning, Everyone! This is the last weather update I'm going to put out there for people traveling from the mid atlantic and northeast to Orlando for this week's races. Apparently, the forecast is still up in the air, but the forecasted noreaster between 1/4 and 1/5, is going to come to fruition, and the latest weather models show NY and other big cities northward, particularly Boston, getting drilled with heavy snow. A winter storm watch has been issued for Boston already for the 4th and 5th. Further south in DC, Baltimore and Philly, the forecast is still up in the air. The potential for heavy snow is growing for these areas, but the computer models do not agree on this. For DC, Balt. and PHilly, if there's going to be a problem it will likely happen between 3 AM and 9 PM on the 4th. We're scheduled to leave BWI at 10:30 AM on the 4th, so this could be a problem for me. Anyway, use or ignore this info as you wish. Just wanted to let people traveling from these areas where the forecast stood because I don't think the weather outlets are focusing on this the way they should.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_41.png

On the FL Turnpike headed to WDW! Been crazy busy with holidays, sick kids, and helping my mom move into a new home. Now I fear I’m coming down with something. Hydration and tons of Vitamin C in my future. My hip has been mostly better, still nervous how the full will go, but I got a 5 miler in while I was in Vero, so I feel good about the 10k. If I have to walk more than planned for the full, so be it, at least I’m at Disney. As for the weather, it’s perfect for running for me, though my 10k costume (Buzz) will have to forgo the planned white running skirt in favor of some capris. I would like it warmer for park and pool time, but I will survive:) it’s -8 at home so when DH arrives tomorrow, I expect he’ll find the 50s tropical;). Hoping to meet some of you at the prerace meet ups! Good luck to everyone still flying in.

I have a question about Magical Express pickup. We leave on Tuesday, 1/9 and I would really rather not get picked up 4 hours before our flight. We have pre-check and there's really no need to spend quite that much time at MCO when I could be poolside... Do you know if we can get a later pickup time (aka 3 hours before)?

Also, I hate to say it, but I'm rooting for weather in the mid-40s low-50s for the full. And, if I'm really going to get crazy, I'm also hoping for low humidity :) I walked a mile to work in 15 degrees this morning and I am ready for some warmer temps!

I have a question about Magical Express pickup. We leave on Tuesday, 1/9 and I would really rather not get picked up 4 hours before our flight. We have pre-check and there's really no need to spend quite that much time at MCO when I could be poolside... Do you know if we can get a later pickup time (aka 3 hours before)?

Also, I hate to say it, but I'm rooting for weather in the mid-40s low-50s for the full. That's my favorite running temp because I don't melt but it's not so cold that your joints lock up :) I walked a mile to work in 15 degrees this morning and I am ready for some warmer temps!
You can Uber or get some other service but Magical Express will pick you up 4 hours before they haven't been adjusting that at all until they change it back to three hours on the 11th.

Do you know if we can get a later pickup time (aka 3 hours before)?

No, not with DME. You can take an Uber though.

If your airline does resort check-in just check your bags in at the resort, leave your carry-on's with bell services at the resort while you go off during the day.

When your ready to go to the airport come back to your resort, grab your carry-ons and and take an uber to the airport.

EDITED....we have pre-check as well and with an 8 year old there was no way I was going to sit at MCO for over 3 hours. With them changing the policy back to 3 hours on Jan 11 and us not flying home till Jan 13 we will just use DME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter